Yet another example of dual justice systems...

GUN NUT in IA

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2017

Anb618

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 18, 2017
North Central Illinois
Finding examples of dual justice is about as difficult as finding leaves on a tree in Florida, but this is not one of them.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2019/03/11/heres-what-you-can-use-for-front-end-license-plates-in-florida/

"Only 31 states in the United States require two license plates on your vehicle, but Florida is not one of them," Trooper Steve said. "In Florida, you are only required to have a license plate on the rear of your vehicle."
Malibu is California, and California requires two license plates.

That said I agree, who fucking cares? Every Corvette in the country drives around with no front license plate. No one gets stopped for that unless it’s PC to dig into something else.

Mountains from molehills.

Reactions: MinnesotaMulisha

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Malibu is California, and California requires two license plates.

That said, who fucking cares? Every Corvette in the country drives around with no front license plate. No one gets stopped for that unless it’s PC to dig into something else.

Mountains from molehills.
I do. Simply because once you start bending the rules, it becomes a slippery slope on when (and who) to apply laws; you know, that "social contract" we have all signed (and pay for) that says, as a group, these are the rules we ALL agree to follow. Apathy (like yours) is what enables this kind of shit.

Reactions: 308pirate

TxWelder35

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
DFW
I do. Simply because once you start bending the rules, it becomes a slippery slope on when (and who) to apply laws; you know, that "social contract" we have all signed (and pay for) that says, as a group, these are the rules we ALL agree to follow. Apathy (like yours) is what enables this kind of shit.
Texas requires front plates. Non of my vehicles have ever or will ever have front plates. Never been stopped and don’t expect to be.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Texas requires front plates. Non of my vehicles have ever or will ever have front plates. Never been stopped and don’t expect to be.
So again, just because you haven't been stopped, it doesn't make it not illegal? No, of course not, it's fucking illegal and breaking the law. If people don't like the laws, go have it fuckin' changed! (says the guy that also doesn't have a front plate, but has been caught and fined for it). If you want to break the law fine, just be willing to pay the price. And old Elon should be fined (that's all I'm saying).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie

Anb618

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 18, 2017
North Central Illinois
So again, just because you haven't been stopped, it doesn't make it not illegal? No, of course not, it's fucking illegal and breaking the law. If people don't like the laws, go have it fuckin' changed!
No one (except the guy talking about Florida) has said it wasn’t illegal. Seems to me most here dispute that this is an “example of the dual justice system.” The act is still illegal, it’s just not a problem in anyone else’s eyes. If you wouldn’t expect to be stopped/cited/arrested for a statutory violation and see someone doing the same thing you and countless others would also do without a fear of law enforcement reaction, how is it an example of the “dual justice system”? Not saying a double standard doesn’t exist, even with Elon. If he was driving drunk and got away with it, I’d be in your camp. The situation here is just a nitpicking, petty example which doesn’t truly display any disparity from the actions of the common man.

Everyone should be on EQUAL footing in my opinion. I don’t care about Elon not having a front license plate on that monstrosity, just like I don’t care if @TxWelder35 has one on his truck.
This society requires consistent application and enforcement of the law. Without that, this would be an example of the rich being above the law. With the situation remaining as it is, it’s not.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Everyone should be on EQUAL footing in my opinion. I don’t care about Elon not having a front license plate on that monstrosity, just like I don’t care if @TxWelder35 has one on his truck.
This society requires consistent application and enforcement of the law. Without that, this would be an example of the rich being above the law. With the situation remaining as it is, it’s not.
LOL! You don't see the contradiction in your statement?

Anb618

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 18, 2017
North Central Illinois
LOL! You don't see the contradiction in your statement?
That highlighted portion wasn’t very eloquent, but I’m being very consistent in my reasoning. The following is something I feel should have been easy to reason based on the context of my statement. I’m saying that if the law is one that is disregarded across the board, that’s fine with me. It’s when it’s applied disproportionately to the commoners, and the upper class sneers that I see an issue.

TxWelder35

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
DFW
That highlighted portion wasn’t very eloquent, but I’m being very consistent in my reasoning. The following is something I feel should have been easy to reason based on the context of my statement. I’m saying that if the law is one that is disregarded across the board, that’s fine with me. It’s when it’s applied disproportionately to the commoners, and the upper class sneers that I see an issue.
This. My point was that the common man gets away with not having a front plate also. This is not an example of dual justice system by any means

Reactions: Anb618

Jefe's Dope

Duke Caboom
Belligerents
Dec 20, 2017
I don't run a front plate because of a winch. Been doing this for almost 6 years. I recently had to remove my rear bumper due to damage and didn't replace the plate because there was no easy way to attach it. While I have plates and I'm registered and insured, I have not run plates for approximately 9 months just to see how long or if any would pull me over for it. Just a personal experiment.

Maybe I'm just part of the lucky dual justice system. 🤓

Jefe's Dope

Duke Caboom
Belligerents
Dec 20, 2017
Could it have a "manufactures" plate on the rear? I see this a lot around here.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
LOL! My initial post was made with tongue in cheek sarcasm. My following posts were more to stir the pot than anything else.

I get what you're all saying, and to a large extent agree. But forma philosophical perspective, it does beg the question, "Why have laws, if they are not going to be obeyed or enforced?"

Perhaps we should have a Law that negates laws? So that if a law hasn't been enforced in, say 20 years, it is repealed off the books. If it is truly needed, the voters can pass it again.

Just a thought...

Mwalex

Private
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2011
LOL! My initial post was made with tongue in cheek sarcasm. My following posts were more to stir the pot than anything else.

I get what you're all saying, and to a large extent agree. But forma philosophical perspective, it does beg the question, "Why have laws, if they are not going to be obeyed or enforced?"

Perhaps we should have a Law that negates laws? So that if a law hasn't been enforced in, say 20 years, it is repealed off the books. If it is truly needed, the voters can pass it again.

Just a thought...
I would prefer the question be why have laws that have little, if anything, to do with real safety, such as having to have two plates?

SD carpenter

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2019
San Diego
I mean I don't have mudflaps on my truck.... But neither does anyone else in socal... And the fact everyone has their windows tinted lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: MarinePMI

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Thats what I was wondering and the rest of the nerds are worried about license plates...

LOL!
"Nerds" know that if they're into each other, there's a pretty good chance you ain't going to do anything except watch and rub one out...but if rubbing one out is your thing...

TxWelder35

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
DFW

Just a thought...
Because government is bloated and they have to find more and more ways to impose on the subjects every day.

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n
OK so back to WTF is on that chicks face.

Gimp mask?

MtnCreek

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 6, 2012
LOL!
"Nerds" know that if they're into each other, there's a pretty good chance you ain't going to do anything except watch and rub one out...but if rubbing one out is your thing...
New rules (or at least they were) girls will do that to get attention. Attention whores is literally attention seaking whores. There was a time when I would have been all over that.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
New rules (or at least they were) girls will do that to get attention. Attention whores is literally attention seaking whores. There was a time when I would have been all over that.
I suppose...though them seeking attention was not my experience in something like that. It was more like them competing against each other for MY attention. Again, a narrow sampling of one, but just my personal experience...

MtnCreek

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 6, 2012
CA vs Dixie. But they're probably all carpet munchers by now though.