WTS 6.5 Creedmoor - Defiance Deviant Hunter / Manners EH1 / 22” Proof CF Sendero

Mar 3, 2011
Northern California
WTS 6.5 Creedmoor - Defiance Deviant Hunter / Manners EH1 / 22” Proof CF Sendero

Light, well balanced tack driver. 8.4 lbs w/o optic/rings, 11.6lbs as shown with K624i.

For sale as a complete rifle w/o scope and rings, or as a barreled action, then part out the rest. I’ll part out after the selling the barreled action if that’s the way it goes. Prices shown include shipping (CONUS) from a private party to your FFL.

DETAILS

ACTION: Defiance Deviant Hunter SA with medium fluted bolt and heavy tang. Small firing pin. 20MOA rail and recoil lug are integral.

STOCK: Manners EH1 with MCS-DBM Gen2 Mini Chassis, 2 flush cups on left side, bipod rail. Gap Camo. Adjustable cheek rest is an XLR Extreme mounted to inserts that are solid through the stock. The bolt is removable without removing the cheek rest. Lightweight, functional, solid.

BARREL: Proof Carbon Fiber 22” barrel, Sendero profile, 1/8 twist, with LRI cathedral port brake. Chamber is by LRI and is cut for the 140gr Bergers with 0.169” freebore. (SAAMI is 0.199”) 260 rounds total.

NOTE: Factory ammo such as the Berger Match 140gr Hybrid OTM works with this chamber, although the Prime 130gr is slightly too long to fit. This chamber is more typically used for handloads.

Groups nicely @ ~ 0.5moa. Detailed load data available. I’ve been using Lapua Palma brass, Berger 140gr Hybrids and Barnes 127gr LRX. The Bergers group ~0.5 moa, the Barnes group ~0.6moa.

TRIGGER: CG Xtreme Mod 22 trigger @ 1.5 lbs. First stage is ~1.0lbs. Both stage weights are adjustable.

Also included: (1) 10 round PMag and (2) 5 round PMags (AICS pattern)

Scope, rings, level not included.

WEIGHT: Approx 8.4 lbs without optic; (11.6 lbs as shown in photo)

PRICE:
Complete rifle without Kahles scope and rings $ 3,725 shipped. (This cost ~$4,400 and 9 months to put together.)
Barreled action only, ie, action, barrel, brake and trigger $ 2,725 shipped.
Please PM any questions. First to post “I’ll take it.” gets it.

For local (Sonoma County, CA) sales, deduct $100 for no shipping. For serious inquiries, a test drive can be arranged at Circle S Range in Sonoma County.

PAYMENT: USPS Money Orders or wire transfers only. Item ships once USPS money orders are cashed or wire transfer clears. FTF sales are cash only.

65DDH-1.jpg
65DDH-2.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2013
I’m looking for a 22” Proof Carbon barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor with a custom action. Preferably one with a floating bolt face so I can switch to a magnum caliber. This is a nice looking rig and I would love to have the barreled action but it’s a little outside my price range .

Jul 20, 2013
I’ve got the exact same scope and stock with the exception that my stock doesn’t have a cheekrest. I’ve got a EH5 waiting for a barreled action as well.

Mar 3, 2011
Northern California
Do you want to make an offer?

Maybe if you could find a used Mausingfield action, you could get where you’re headed for less. 1200? action, 730 barrel, 200 trigger, 60 badger brake or no brake, plus smith work and shipping at ~500 equates to $2700. If your smith is nearby you can save $120 on shipping/insurance. Every now and then I see a Proof barrel for sale for ~650. If you are willing to wait and hunt down re-sale or used parts you could probably get there for ~$2500

Jul 20, 2013
I found another Defiance 6.5 Creedmoor barreled action but has a 24” barrel. I shoot all of my rifles suppressed so the 2” makes a bigger difference than most people think. I would almost try a 20”. I’ve got cans that go from 6” to 9”. I’m waiting on a Precision can built for.284 cal bullets, where my others are .30 cal. What do Defiance Actions run, $1400? I have a Stiller Tac 300 at my gunsmith, I picked up a Hardy Carbon Fiber 24” barrel .264, I’m having a 6.5x280 Ackley Improved built. I’ve got a 280 AI and lots of brass to load my own. But I’ve been wanting to build a switch barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor and then a caliber in a magnum case. 6.5 PRC or 7mm SAUM. Bighorn Action is what I first thought about if I could find a good deal. I’m in no rush because I’ve got more rifles than I could possibly ever shoot.