WTB Primary Arms 3-18 FFP

Foreman2000

New Hide Member
Sep 28, 2018
Better get in line. These are not on the market yet.
Pay attention to primary arms Facebook and Instagram. Hopefully pre orders are coming soon.

Foreman2000

New Hide Member
Sep 28, 2018
Rumor is the 308 reticles shipping soon, and the 6.5 Creedmoor reticle is going to start taking pre-orders.
There was a snafu at the factory. They had a inbound parts issue nothing wrong with the scopes kinda like the ford factory running out of steering wheels on the assembly line. Everything should be back to normal asap.
I'm waiting for the apollo 6.5.

Jul 5, 2014
I think they missed the boat on not including a zero stop in this optic.
I'm not sure... at 500$ its supposedly above-average glass, locking turrets, lifetime warranty (So glad that's the thing in optics now), first focal plane and ballistic reticle. Yes a zero stop is nice but they're changing the game. And they're not even making us pay top dollar for it so I'm happy to keep upgrading with them.

Foreman2000

New Hide Member
Sep 28, 2018
Zero stop is nice but in these scopes you really aren't going to be using the dials for your shot. Everything is done in the reticle. This design is more of a set it and forget it but you can dial if you choose or need too for extreme ranges.

Feb 13, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
For me, I'd go with the Athena Reticle. Meaning that I don't quite think this is a set your zero and forget about it. (for me). Most of the guys that shoot PRS dial (according to the precision rifle blog's info). Again, for me, there is an issue with no zero stop and (from what I can tell) no rev indication. This seems to be an issue.

I think this is going to be an interesting battle between the 3-18 PA and the Midas TAC from Athlon.

PA better reticle...
MTAC better turrets and zero stop...

Jul 5, 2014
One of these days I might try PRS but for the Practical shooting I do (0-350yd) a 556 with a 4x is fine, and 1-8 acss(cheap) is cheating. I may get one of the expensive-ish primary arms one day but the sub 1k optices work and I can put one on everything.