Who has a mill that could do this and would it be worth it...?

jpgolffl

Sergeant of the Hide
Jun 21, 2017
Tallahassee, FL
I'm putting together a Valkyrie with a .875 x 2" gas block journal. It is a +2 system so the gas block will show and I want it to look cool, because I am vain as hell with my guns. The only .875 extended gas blocks I can find are blocky and ugly and I dont want to go standard length because there will be a huge gap between the block and the fluting on the barrel.

Does anyone have a mill that could take this
gb1.jpg

And mill it to this
gb4.jpg
So basically just milling some nice looking cutouts in the sides. No need to square off the rounded top or sides or anything. I would like the cutouts to extend as close to the top and the bottom of the block as possible though. I have zero clue how much this would cost so it may be pointless to ask if it is expensive. Doesn't seem like it would be hard or take a long time if you had a mill though. Is this something that could be done without turning a $40 gas block into a ridiculously expensive gas block?

Attachments

spife7980

Feb 10, 2017
Central TX
I have the wojtek, its alright, shows some leakage based on the powder staining on my handguard but it functions just fine, a bit more focus intensive compared to a superlative. And I got it because its cheap! so Im satisfied. Looks like the price went up 5 bucks though.
1541801152404.png

jpgolffl

Sergeant of the Hide
Jun 21, 2017
Tallahassee, FL
I have and have used adjustables. I'm not worried about adjusting gas really. WIth a +2 it is very unlikely it will be grossley overgassed and I can tune with buffer weight if needed. If there was a such thing as a 2" long adjustable that didn't look like a tank and would fit under the front of the rail I would entertain it. I havent seen anything close though.