What's Your View II

Nodakplowboy

Grumpy Gramps
Belligerents
Mar 4, 2017
Now I'll explain. Big V informed me they would no longer be supporting old 3g phones like my beloved flipper above. Never mind the fact the thing is bullet and carpenter proof. As a result I've been drug into the smarty pants phone world kicking and screaming.
So far there's been no need to use a hammer during the learning curve, at least not yet. Time will tell.
Lots to learn for beatup old fingers.

Nodakplowboy

Grumpy Gramps
Belligerents
Mar 4, 2017
@1J04 and @Nodakplowboy
Funny thing talking old reloading stuff the other day and my Aunt texted me and asked if I would be interested in these books. I said yes of course so waiting to get them in my hands View attachment 7259781
Very nice there's interesting reading in those old books. I've a few, we sure didn't have the powder or bullet selection we have these days. Enjoy.

roostercogburn98

Private
Belligerents
Nov 3, 2010
556. Noveske. Toolcraft BCG.

No $$ for the fancy 0.001" gauge set at this time. My buddy said "just shoot it". I cannot. My OCD will not allow. Must check everything....twice🤐

E
Agree with your buddy, shoot it till the handguards fall off :ROFLMAO: About to go do some shooting myself as a matter of fact. Good luck with build and pics when it’s done.

Nodakplowboy

Grumpy Gramps
Belligerents
Mar 4, 2017
Been dinging with the AT this winter, went with higher rings hoping to relieve some neck pressure and get the face more square with the stock. Went to the family farm this week for a couple of days, what better time and place to fine tune the new setup.

After some fine tuning with eye relief and squaring got down to zeroing

20200228_093525.jpg

Could not have been a better day to cop a zero. Slight overcast, zero wind.

20200228_093700.jpg

Seems to be working O.K. 5 @ 100. Good enough for now.