What's the most stupid thing you've been told?

Snuby642

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Thin line between fun and horse play on a range these days.

Lots of things us old guys did and went through in times past will now get you tossed if the wrong pissy type sees it and cries a little tiny pissy tear.

Be careful out there of those folks.

ReplicaSnipers

'Doc' Durango
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2019
Sydney
Not the worst but considering who it came from. I was told by a range officer at a military rifle shoot that you can't single load the magazine of a Nagant 91/30. He was butting in on my lesson to a buddy being a big head.

Last edited:

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 25, 2017
Not the worst but considering who it came from. I was told by a range officer at a military rifle shoot that you can't single load the magazine of a Nagant 91/30. He was butting in on my lesson to a buddy being a big head.
Absolutely despise people who show up with unsolicited advice. 99.9% of them are complete morons.

Last edited:

eastexsteve

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2018
Know a guy that isn't a shooter but a lifetime hunter. Always talks about how if he can hit a pie plate at 100 yards he is good to go deer hunting. Drives me insane.
I'm surprised I don't know him. When I was kid, I used to hunt with a group of rednecks who sighted in their hunting rifles by throwing an aluminum can down on the ground about 10 yds away and shooting at it. Come to think of it, I'm probably lucky I survived those trips. I was the one though that always seem to make those "lucky shots."

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper

M8541Reaper

Super Boot
Belligerents
Some classics that never get fucking old...

“A shotgun is the best home defense weapon because you can’t miss.”

“A shotgun is the best home defense weapon because they’ll run away when they hear it get racked.”

“A pistol with a [manual] safety shouldn’t be used for home defense because if you’re sleeping and someone breaks in, you’ll be too sleepy to remember to take the safety off.”

“I don’t keep my suppressor on my nightstand AR because if I shoot an intruder, I don’t want them to take my suppressor.”

“I have an AR as my nightstand/home defense weapon.”

Eurodriver

Certified Public Armorer
Belligerents
Oct 21, 2011
FL
The most stupid thing????

“We don’t want your guns”.

And just about everything these politicians say..
Agreed.

Feinstein and Beto both slipped and let everyone know the strategy. Fortunately, Beto reminded everyone recently because most have forgotten the AWB time and the “If I had 51 votes...” comment by Diane.

LeftyJason

Thumbnail-les
Belligerents
Mar 8, 2017
Kaysville Utah

You have already posted in it.

I was referencing post #8. Lots of other gems like op replying to his own post and deciding to leave because of his own post.

Reactions: b6graham

WATERWALKER

0311 SHELLBACK
Belligerents
Apr 19, 2014
Deep in the Lone Star
This one is one of those “You’re not gonna believe this shit” stories.

It’s the summer of 1993 & we’re on the 400 ranges aboard Camp Pendleton. A Marine was blazing away w/ his SAW & “Sgt. Simpson” is telling him “Get up! Move!” This guy doesn’t move fast enough & Sgt. Simpson reaches down to pick up this hot ass SAW by the barrel & burned the fuck out of this hands! The “sizzle” could be heard clearly. Sgt. Simpson screamed loud as fuck.
Being not one of the sharpest squad leaders in our platoon, Sgt. Simpson reaches down again (almost in slow motion it seemed) & grabbed that same hot ass barrel w/ his other hand! Yes, the same sizzle could be heard again & he screamed like a mo’fo again.

While we’re debriefing, he was getting his hands bandaged up by the corpsman & our platoon sergeant was busting his balls pretty good. “Sgt. Simpson” never heard the end of that shit. Good times.

b6graham

MMPRL
Belligerents
Jul 29, 2014

You have already posted in it.

I was referencing post #8. Lots of other gems like op replying to his own post and deciding to leave because of his own post.
Missed that lol wow...

Tchitcherine

Private
Belligerents
Sep 26, 2014
CA
Then there's this

"... these never got adopted in any great number."

Any. Great. Number.

Last edited:

danatkins

Private
Belligerents
Mar 28, 2017
The original Glock was made with ceramic to bypass metal detectors. From the same guy who swears he was issued a desert eagle in 454 while in the military

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper

M8541Reaper

Super Boot
Belligerents
Fat white dude on a plane:
“When I was in the army and stationed in Alaska, I used to go to the armory and check out the big 50cal sniper rifle and take it out hunting with me.”

Same fat white dude ten minutes later (but felt like an eternity):

“You know how delta force selects people? They follow you for two weeks and if your life is interesting enough, they’ll take you. I apparently wasn’t interesting enough.”

::camera pans over to me, an angry-looking beared dude that you usually mistake for being ME despite being a white dude while also always being randomly selected by TSA, dressed like a normal person and didn’t say shit about being prior service or a contractor, let alone anything other than hello and a nod, sitting silently replying with one word while asking the flight attendant for 6 whiskey bottles::

AIAW

★★★★★
Belligerents
Aug 16, 2001
Central Texas
Fat white dude on a plane:
“When I was in the army and stationed in Alaska, I used to go to the armory and check out the big 50cal sniper rifle and take it out hunting with me.”

Same fat white dude ten minutes later (but felt like an eternity):

“You know how delta force selects people? They follow you for two weeks and if your life is interesting enough, they’ll take you. I apparently wasn’t interesting enough.”

::camera pans over to me, an angry-looking beared dude that you usually mistake for being ME despite being a white dude while also always being randomly selected by TSA, dressed like a normal person and didn’t say shit about being prior service or a contractor, let alone anything other than hello and a nod, sitting silently replying with one word while asking the flight attendant for 6 whiskey bottles::
Yeah the M82 (or similar) is my first choice of weapon to hump around hunting! Should have asked him if he was a MIL or MOA guy... he sounds IPHY to me though.

M8541Reaper

Super Boot
Belligerents
Yeah the M82 (or similar) is my first choice of weapon to hump around hunting! Should have asked him if he was a MIL or MOA guy... he sounds IPHY to me though.
Hahahaha! Right?
The last thing I wanted to do was further engage with him or start grilling him on a SASR and why that is a stupid thing to lie about.

Last edited:
Reactions: AIAW