What the hell, Mile High?

dms416

Sergeant
Jan 12, 2014
Central IL
So after you guys twice failed to send me the correct product...I get stuck with the restock fee?
I didn't even want to deal with you people and now I'm out money with nothing to show for it.

ETA: guess I'll put back what I deleted

I had pleasant experiences with Randy and Dian back in the day. Back when there was no website; Randy told me his story over the phone. Dian was nice enough to lend me her AW for armorer class.

The rest of the crew...
Several times, I would call and inquire about parts/rifles in stock. I was told I would be notified...never was. Phone call return is sporadic. Same went on the LE side about 50% phone call return, 0% email return.

Can't say the sales floor was all that much better the time I was in person, but I guess there were locals there so.

I just don't get the cult following.

Last edited:

WtxShooter

Gun loving dad!
Feb 17, 2017
Lubbock, TX
I'm usually one that sits back and doesn't get involved on stuff like this, but I'll be honest with you. If you have an issue with them, and obviously you do, man up and call them, ask for Mike, or Dian, or whoever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Speak about your issues like adults, and move on. If you don't get the answer that makes you happy, then so be it. You don't call them or do business with them again. But being a little school girl bitch and hopping on the forum to talk shit about a company that actively supports our community and this forum, to me, is just stupid. Grow the fuck up! This type of behavior is exactly what is wrong in society today. Everybody wants to be keyboard assassins instead of being adults and trying to hash out our differences and coming to a responsible outcome. But based off your childish behavior on here, you're definitely one of the "poor pitiful me" types that will never be happy regardless. So my advice? Take your precious business to your local Bass Pro or Cabelas. At least maybe there they'll make you feel like the "special" individual you are.

dms416

Sergeant
Jan 12, 2014
Central IL
I'm usually one that sits back and doesn't get involved on stuff like this, but I'll be honest with you. If you have an issue with them, and obviously you do, man up and call them, ask for Mike, or Dian, or whoever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Speak about your issues like adults, and move on. If you don't get the answer that makes you happy, then so be it. You don't call them or do business with them again. But being a little school girl bitch and hopping on the forum to talk shit about a company that actively supports our community and this forum, to me, is just stupid. Grow the fuck up! This type of behavior is exactly what is wrong in society today. Everybody wants to be keyboard assassins instead of being adults and trying to hash out our differences and coming to a responsible outcome. But based off your childish behavior on here, you're definitely one of the "poor pitiful me" types that will never be happy regardless. So my advice? Take your precious business to your local Bass Pro or Cabelas. At least maybe there they'll make you feel like the "special" individual you are.

Nope, treat me like shit all you want. But now you're taking my money for no reason.

What's funny is that Frank will likely delete it given their relationship. After I typed it all out, I moved on; wasn't even aware this posted. Opps. Here we go I guess.

kRcu

Jun 5, 2013
Denver, CO
So after you guys twice failed to send me the correct product...I get stuck with the restock fee?
I didn't even want to deal with you people and now I'm out money with nothing to show for it.
I’d be curious to hear their side.

Last edited:

BbyDgital

New Hide Member
Dec 20, 2018
Nope, treat me like shit all you want. But now you're taking my money for no reason.

What's funny is that Frank will likely delete it given their relationship. After I typed it all out, I moved on; wasn't even aware this posted. Opps. Here we go I guess.
This makes no sense at all.

Feb 7, 2013
The West

I get you’re frustrated....

History has proven Frank is more than fair with our fucked up posts.

Spending a lifetime in sales venting on the forums before your tried all the channels is kinda immature.

I do however, to repeat understand being frustrated. Call the people on the phone

dms416

Sergeant
Jan 12, 2014
Central IL
I do however, to repeat understand being frustrated. Call the people on the phone
I get that. Believe me. I have 4 or 5 other vendor/gun/parts issues to replace/fix...today. So yeah...I'm a little hot in general. I could throw out a few other WTF's to some other names/companies today, but they are getting the same opportunity that MHS got to make things right...they made their choice.

In this particular case, the phone/communication is part of the problem

It took 3 phone calls, 2 messages to get a call back to make the sale.
1 after I received the wrong item (right mount, wrong rifle)
1 after I received a different wrong item for replacement (wrong mount for wrong rifle)
1 additional call last week to verify credit to my card (though I did have someone answer) after they had the mounts for 2 weeks.

Start to finish this is 5+ weeks of screwing around with this.

Last edited:

dms416

Sergeant
Jan 12, 2014
Central IL

I just don't want to pay for their mistake...time (working midnights) is bad enough, money is another. Am I mad at myself?...yeah, a little.

I don't want to be their friend or anybody's here. This is business. I feel sorry for the poor deluded who think any salesman wants to be their friend.

Last edited:

kRcu

Jun 5, 2013
Denver, CO
I just don't want to pay for their mistake...time (working midnights) is bad enough, money is another. Am I mad at myself?...yeah, a little.

I don't want to be their friend or anybody's here. This is business. I feel sorry for the poor deluded who think any salesman wants to be their friend.

dms416

Sergeant
Jan 12, 2014
Central IL
Don’t lash out at me.... I do have a serious question for you...

Were you crying when you typed the original post?

No...everything kinda went fuzzy though. It was just the tipping point of a day infested with orders not done to spec, tracking parts USPS sent to the wrong place, and picking up guns at the FFL that are flat just missing parts. And then I opened my credit card statement...

Culpeper

One divided by F
Nov 25, 2006
Roswell NM
I kind of like it when a Cinderella gets called a bitch once in a while. Chances are the OP was a difficult customer but if you know proprietors on a first name basis in their defense, well. But a restocking fee for a brick and mortar speaks don't come back.

dms416

Sergeant
Jan 12, 2014
Central IL
I kind of like it when a Cinderella gets called a bitch once in a while. Chances are the OP was a difficult customer but if you know proprietors on a first name basis in their defense, well. But a restocking fee for a brick and mortar speaks don't come back.
Oh yeah, I'm the bad guy/lil bitch for sure...name is mud...probably couldn't sell another thing on the exchange here again because of this. But I promise I won't rage-quit and commit forum suicide.
But yeah, this catharsis is going to be expensive.

Always 2 sides to every story and the truth is almost always a blend of both stuck right in the middle.

I don't believe there is any malice on either side...it was a problem of communication all along the way. I knew what I wanted to do; whether they were picking that up or I wasn't putting it down and they made their own assumptions is likely a key issue, and the product codes made things worse.

Culpeper

One divided by F
Nov 25, 2006
Roswell NM
Oh yeah, I'm the bad guy/lil bitch for sure...name is mud...probably couldn't sell another thing on the exchange here again because of this. But I promise I won't rage-quit and commit forum suicide.
But yeah, this catharsis is going to be expensive.

Always 2 sides to every story and the truth is almost always a blend of both stuck right in the middle.

I don't believe there is any malice on either side...it was a problem of communication all along the way. I knew what I wanted to do; whether they were picking that up or I wasn't putting it down and they made their own assumptions is likely a key issue, and the product codes made things worse.
I was referring to Mile High as the one being called a bitch. The Cinderella. I have no vested interest in that business.

Apr 8, 2010
NY
like most i order parts ammo from multiple places and being in NY its always out of state/different time zone.

that being said, i never had a issue with mile high.

actually i wind up ordering the part over the phone (rather than hanging up and going to the site) after a question or two, because the guy is helpful.

as always there are issues but as a hole, them seem on par or slightly above in the customer service aspect, in this specific industry.

i have found companies that just sell ammo and powder only (no rifles and scopes) are the absolute worst.

DMS416 . This is Randy Pennington cell 303-829-3124 Please call me I would imagine we can take care of you.
We are working at a disadvantage here as you know who we are and we don't know who you are.
We try and do things correctly but we certainly can and do make mistakes.
Myself and Diann are always available to help.
I am very interested in where we went wrong and I will make it right.

ETA: guess I'll put back what I deleted

I had pleasant experiences with Randy and Dian back in the day. Back when there was no website; Randy told me his story over the phone. Dian was nice enough to lend me her AW for armorer class.

The rest of the crew...
Several times, I would call and inquire about parts/rifles in stock. I was told I would be notified...never was. Phone call return is sporadic. Same went on the LE side about 50% phone call return, 0% email return.

Can't say the sales floor was all that much better the time I was in person, but I guess there were locals there so.

I just don't get the cult following.
DMS416 . This is Randy Pennington cell 303-829-3124 Please call me I would imagine we can take care of you.
We are working at a disadvantage here as you know who we are and we don't know who you are.
We try and do things correctly but we certainly can and do make mistakes.
Myself and Diann are always available to help.
I am very interested in where we went wrong and I will make it right.

TheMammoth

Online Training Member
Feb 14, 2017
I've ordered a lot of stuff from Mile High and only once did something go wrong. They took care of it to my extreme satisfaction, in fact I believe it was Randy I spoke with when I called.

Problems happen. All the time. The mark of a good business isn't if there are problems or not, there WILL BE problems, it's how they take care of you when there are. I'm sure they will work it out with you, and if they do, you should consider making sure you update this so you don't shit on the reputation of the store for no reason.

Sep 26, 2013
have talked to them several times. Called them about proof barrels about 3 months ago, they didn't have the one i wanted. Guess what, I got a call yesterday to see if i was still interested as they got the one in i was wanting. Probably visited with me for over 20 min about a variety of stuff including scopes. Hopefully will b heading up there in the next couple weeks and i'll b stopping in for sure, even if i'm not buying. Just want to meet the guy behind the phone call.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
I feel sorry for the poor deluded who think any salesman wants to be their friend.
Not exactly, but if you find a good long term salesperson who really knows their stuff, it can be a pleasure to work with them as once you both get used to talking on the same track and they know your account really well, it can make ordering quick, simple & less likely to have issues. Especially if they know their product lines very well or know how to dig into their inventory system for you.