Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

natchomamma

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2019
It looks like 0.220” to me, if you look at the two furthest bullet holes they are basically touching which would put the center to center at bullet diameter. Just saying, but I agree good shooting...

Thanks.

Now If I can just get my Masterpiece arms 6.5 creedmor to shoot. Best I can do with it is .60" and they guarantee 3/8". It's been a struggle and Ive been scratching my head. Starting to get frustrated with it.

DownhillFromHere

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2017
My Vudoo magazines didn’t function well in my MPA chassis. Not the Vudoo mags, but the MPA. They work fabulously in the Manners. My experience.
As @reubenski said, it's in the MPA chassis mag release (or catch, or... whatever, the piece that holds and releases the magazine). I had an issue with my mags being slightly loose, resulting in an occasional failure to feed. Get in touch with Vudoo. There's a simple fix.

Rayw1128

Private
Belligerents
Aug 9, 2017
Been looking into the V22 BA... Really debating if I should get one to "plink" around with.

Does any one have any experience shooting Norma Match 22 (white box) out of their Vudoo? If so, what are your thoughts on it? The reason I ask is because I have case of this stuff which I bought for my Kidd 10/22.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Dthomas3523

Well Calloused Knees
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
@littlepod

I have yet to run into a vudoo that doesn’t shoot sk standard plus good enough to win any match out there that’s <225yds or so. That’s where I start noticing a difference in center x and Midas ammo over the sk.

Average shooters typically shoot .22 better because A) there is almost no recoil (easier to spot shots and no flinching), and B) the ranges you will mostly shoot along with target size don’t require much wind calling

I’ve won the last three .22 matches I’ve shot and at every one of them the wind has been 10-15mph and people are talking about how much wind there was and how much they had to hold. Meanwhile I was never more than .5 hold. A lot of times people overestimate how mich wind moves a .22.

In nrl22, I’m rarely off the plate on a hold.

Except this past year’s nationals on the second day. Winds got up to 25+mph. Was holding 1.2 mil just to hit a 100yd target and much more for the 300yds.

littlepod

Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 16, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Thanks @Dthomas3523 . Agree on everything you said... my Tikka T1X can hold about around 1.5" with 10 shot groups at 100 yards with SK+. Though at 200 yards, my groups open up to almost 4-5 inches due to the wide spread in velocity, and switching over to something like Eley Tenex kept them in control.

My local NRL22 matches only shoot out at 100 yards so with anything that can do 1-1.5 moa I haven't had any issues where I felt the ammo was the reason I missed the shot. It's also in an area with rarely any wind so I haven't had anywhere to really practice reading wind. My main issue right now is unsupported shooting and weak side shooting. Lost majority of my points when I had to switch to weak side, mainly due to parallax of my funky cheek weld having not practiced any weak side shooting, and my unsupported shooting just needs practice. I got some drill sheets to practice @ 25 yards a variety of things so I'll keep working on that.

On "lazy" days I just like to lie down in prone and shoot small groups with the rifle. So it's fun trying to get the tightest groups I can get, and having a rifle for those kind of play days would be nice. The T1X holds about .75" when I'm on my game. Every 6x5 I tend to throw up 4 shots at around 1/3-1/2", and one of the shots just fucks up the group. Still working on fundamentals with that. Would love to get a string of 30 consistent shots without some mishap, main issue is the heartbeat and trying to time the shot between the beat. Also eye fatigue, when eyes start getting tired, bullets don't go where I swear I had the reticle on.

Dthomas3523

Well Calloused Knees
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Thanks @Dthomas3523 . Agree on everything you said... my Tikka T1X can hold about around 1.5" with 10 shot groups at 100 yards with SK+. Though at 200 yards, my groups open up to almost 4-5 inches due to the wide spread in velocity, and switching over to something like Eley Tenex kept them in control.

My local NRL22 matches only shoot out at 100 yards so with anything that can do 1-1.5 moa I haven't had any issues where I felt the ammo was the reason I missed the shot. It's also in an area with rarely any wind so I haven't had anywhere to really practice reading wind. My main issue right now is unsupported shooting and weak side shooting. Lost majority of my points when I had to switch to weak side, mainly due to parallax of my funky cheek weld having not practiced any weak side shooting, and my unsupported shooting just needs practice. I got some drill sheets to practice @ 25 yards a variety of things so I'll keep working on that.

On "lazy" days I just like to lie down in prone and shoot small groups with the rifle. So it's fun trying to get the tightest groups I can get, and having a rifle for those kind of play days would be nice. The T1X holds about .75" when I'm on my game. Every 6x5 I tend to throw up 4 shots at around 1/3-1/2", and one of the shots just fucks up the group. Still working on fundamentals with that. Would love to get a string of 30 consistent shots without some mishap, main issue is the heartbeat and trying to time the shot between the beat. Also eye fatigue, when eyes start getting tired, bullets don't go where I swear I had the reticle on.

Use an eye patch if you need to. Not only on the rifle, but walking around the house. Cover your dominant eye with the patch.

This will train your weaker eye to focus faster. It helps a lot.

I shot many matches with an eyepatch on my dominant eye during weak side stages and it helped a ton. Even now I sometimes cover my right eye with my right hand until I have a good sight picture and then will use my hand to get back to supporting the rifle.

Reactions: littlepod

flatland1

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 7, 2005
Western Kansas
I've had a couple of lots of really good SK Std+ in the last three years that shot nearly as well at 200yds as my good lots of Center-X. Don't know how often one of these lots comes available/slips through the cracks, but I'll be buying some lot samples again when I get low on this case. I'm a cheap old fart - spent bundles of cash on three V-22s, and still looking for good inexpensive ammo. Must be the farmer in me...lol

Reactions: muzr

natchomamma

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2019
At some point im gonna need to clean my Vudoo. Is everyone using the Vudoo bore guide? Any other options out there?

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I just bought their bore guide but you have to pay attention to the size of your rod and jag to use it. I bought the boretech 22RF rod and it's too big to fit. I think you need all .17 cal in order to use it

Reactions: Moose

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I've had a couple of lots of really good SK Std+ in the last three years that shot nearly as well at 200yds as my good lots of Center-X. Don't know how often one of these lots comes available/slips through the cracks, but I'll be buying some lot samples again when I get low on this case. I'm a cheap old fart - spent bundles of cash on three V-22s, and still looking for good inexpensive ammo. Must be the farmer in me...lol
The first lot of SK S+ I had shot better than anything else I've had. Most of the C-X I've bought has been very unimpressive. I ordered samples from goodshooting and ended up buying two cases of SK S+ for the price of one case of C-X. I haven't changed a zero or MV in AB since. It's been nice to just grab the rifle and ammo and go shoot. The SK S+ has done exceptional in the local matches, winning the last three. Totally adequate for NRL22 out to the 200yds we shoot.

Moose

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
I just bought their bore guide but you have to pay attention to the size of your rod and jag to use it. I bought the boretech 22RF rod and it's too big to fit. I think you need all .17 cal in order to use it
Thank's for the info on the boretech.I'm getting ready to buy boretech and I will ask Vudoo if i should get the 17 or 20 cal rods.

RDS51

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2019
Waco, TX
Thank's for the info on the boretech.I'm getting ready to buy boretech and I will ask Vudoo if i should get the 17 or 20 cal rods.
I have a boretech 20 caliber rod and it works fine with the cleaning rod guide. The rod must be under .187" to fit the cleaning rod guide. According to boretech, their 20 caliber rod is .180" so it fits. The 17 caliber rod is .164" and may be a little too flimsy.

Reactions: shoot4fun

AMTGMC

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2018
I'm using the Boretech rf rod and it works great. Has correct thread for jags without adapters. You just have to drill out the bushing a little on the VGW bore guide. I spoke to Paul about this when I got my V22 and he said that's what he would do.

Reactions: shoot4fun

Moose

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
I'm using the Boretech rf rod and it works great. Has correct thread for jags without adapters. You just have to drill out the bushing a little on the VGW bore guide. I spoke to Paul about this when I got my V22 and he said that's what he would do.
Do you remember what size drill bit you used ? I much rather use a 22 rf rod with 8/32 treads.

Reactions: Notdylan

Money Waster

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2017
Here's my baby. I'm proud of this rig. I absolutely love it!

Vudoo V-22.jpg

Vudoo V-22 with a Bartlein Barrel, MTU contour at 20"
XLR Carbon Chassis with a folding stock
USO LR-17 optic in Vortex rings
Jewel Trigger
Harris bipod

I stole all the parts from my .223 rig. Now all that I need is a can.

This rig will see considerably more range time. I just bought a KYL rack for it; 2"-1/4" plates in 1/4" increments. Me and my son plan on doing some shooting with it this weekend. I can't wait! The Vudoo is already my favorite rifle, and I've only had it out once to sight in the scope and shoot some steel. My wife, who had only shot a rifle once before in her life, was 5 for 5 on empty shotgun shells set up at 50 yards shooting bulk ammo. It is boringly accurate at 50. ;)

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
So I need to pickup some SK standard plus, SK pistol, and Lapua Center X ammo? I have plenty of Wolf Match, Eley, Aguila, CCI standard and CCI high velocity. I don’t want to be waiting to buy ammo when my rifle comes in. Surely one or more of these brands will be a shooter in my Vudoo.

AMTGMC

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2018
Do you remember what size drill bit you used ? I much rather use a 22 rf rod with 8/32 treads.
[/QUOTE

What Ruskin said. I think I snuck up on it and my have ended up with a .200" reamer but a #8 (.199) or #7 (.201) should do the trick.

brianf

Private
Belligerents
Apr 8, 2010
NY
So I need to pickup some SK standard plus, SK pistol, and Lapua Center X ammo? I have plenty of Wolf Match, Eley, Aguila, CCI standard and CCI high velocity. I don’t want to be waiting to buy ammo when my rifle comes in. Surely one or more of these brands will be a shooter in my Vudoo.
if you go back a few pages i have some through the scope pics of wolf match and extra
the "accurate" ones were .5" or less at 100

problem is after i did a load one shoot one (to eliminate magazine or feeding variables) i had 3 distinct groups out of the same 50

SK shoots pretty well but i do get some pretty hard bolt closings

CCI didnt do well at all
The high velocity stuff is copper/metallic washed, you have to actually clean the barrel

not just a few patches to push out some crud

best i found so far for the dollar is center X..should have listened to jbell in the begining

feeds great bolt closes by itself and minimal if any fliers

just remember that it takes a good 15 rounds or so when switching ammo for the barrel to become seasoned with the new ammo lube

WadeKow

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2018
Anyone else ever forget their mags at home? I got to the range yesterday for a local benchrest match 45 minutes away and had forgotten to put them back in my range box after checking on my ammo supply. There was only one other Vudoo there and he has a single shot adapter installed in his, so no mags to be had. Luckily it was all br shooting and I was able to hand load them. Definitely a pain in the ass though, trying to load greasy center x by hand. Just in a case I pull this again, I put a mag in my glovebox.

Moose

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
I have forgotten just about every thing there is to forget going to the range.I always just keep a spare magazine in my range bag for whatever gun I'm using so i don't forget a magazine again.Your not alone bro.

RDS51

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2019
Waco, TX
Received my V-22 XLR Element on July 26 and finally made it to the range today. First group of five shots at 50 yards measured .315" center to center (CTC), second group .285", etc. to tenth group of .275" (see attached). The average for the ten groups was .429" CTC (shooter error on two groups increased the average). Wind was 0-5 mph, humidity 71%, temp 84° to 91°, ammo SKS+. Vudoo is definitely a lot more accurate than the shooter. The only other .22LR that i have owned was a semi-auto about 40-45 years ago.

20190820_214556.jpg20190820_180539.jpg20190820_181356.jpg

Reactions: rizzle and RAVAGE88

RDS51

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2019
Waco, TX
Did you guys shoot more groups than just those two?
I shot 10 groups of 5 each. All were similar to the first and last groups shown except for two bad groups that expanded the average of the 10 groups to .429". These were the first 50 shots out of this gun.

Last edited:

47guy

Private
Belligerents
Jul 15, 2017
reno,nevada
Ive heard it needed to modified mag catch lever? I wanted to try orange mpa for thisView attachment 7135286
I have a vudoo in an MPA and the mags go in and hold fine...I had issues when leaning the mag into a prop...the mag tilted back toward the butt and rounds would nose dive.

I took plastic wall panel material I got at Lowe’s cut small strips and glued to the back of the mag and that fixed it.

CFT704

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2019
Here's my baby. I'm proud of this rig. I absolutely love it!

View attachment 7130149

Vudoo V-22 with a Bartlein Barrel, MTU contour at 20"
XLR Carbon Chassis with a folding stock
USO LR-17 optic in Vortex rings
Jewel Trigger
Harris bipod

I stole all the parts from my .223 rig. Now all that I need is a can.

This rig will see considerably more range time. I just bought a KYL rack for it; 2"-1/4" plates in 1/4" increments. Me and my son plan on doing some shooting with it this weekend. I can't wait! The Vudoo is already my favorite rifle, and I've only had it out once to sight in the scope and shoot some steel. My wife, who had only shot a rifle once before in her life, was 5 for 5 on empty shotgun shells set up at 50 yards shooting bulk ammo. It is boringly accurate at 50. ;)
For those of you using cans, have you found any in particular that work better than others. From the few that I have tested the OSS Rad-22 seems to be consistently the best.