Vortex Viper HS-T vs. PST

Sep 16, 2011
Central Indiana
Hey Guys! Trying to decide if the cost difference between the two is worth it.

Comparing the 4x16 PST in SFP, against the 4x16 HS-T, which is also SFP. Is there a big difference in glass quality? I just want to know what is better about the PST other than the illuminated reticle between these 2 scopes.

I know I could spend a little more and get the PST in FFP, but, if I were going to get one of the 2 mentioned above, would I notice a difference in anything other than illumination?

Thanks for any and all input on this. Want to cover all my basis before making a purchase.

Sep 5, 2007
Mesquite, TX
www.facebook.com
I just went through the same decision. I got a good deal on the PST so I went that direction.

The PST offers the following over the HS-T:

*Etched reticle vs wired
*50mm objective vs 44mm
*illumination
*different reticle

As far as glass quality, from what I've heard the glass is the same. Either way you will probably be happy.

Nov 6, 2011
I bought the PST in FFP last week.
The biggest difference I found with a FFP scope is the ability to instantaneously and directly read and implement corrections from POI to POA no matter what magnification setting you are on.
I will definitely be buying more FFP scopes in the future.

Oct 29, 2011
LA Junta, Co
I bought a demo zeiss from them about a year ago or so and it looks absolutely brand new with no issues at all..

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

BoilerUP

Gunny Sergeant
Jan 16, 2011
Clark Co., IN
I just went through the same decision. I got a good deal on the PST so I went that direction.

*Etched reticle vs wired
*50mm objective vs 44mm
*illumination
*different reticle

As far as glass quality, from what I've heard the glass is the same. Either way you will probably be happy.
This.

I chose HST, as I did not perceive the 4-16x SFP PST to have $140 in additional value for my purposes.

Dec 21, 2013
McKinney, TX
I had a demo PST from CameraLandNY at one point and would not think twice about ordering another demo scope from them. If I had not been told that it was a demo I would have never known it from new, it was a great deal.

z71rat

Gunny Sergeant
Mar 12, 2004
Western Slope, CO
I have the PST 6-24 on my precision rig, but I will be putting the HS-T on mine and my wife's hunting rigs.

I don't have any issues with the etched vs. wire reticle, and I like both of the reticles respectively.

DK

Dec 9, 2009
Hammond,Louisiana
that pretty much covers the differences.

*Etched reticle vs wired
*50mm objective vs 44mm
*illumination
*different reticle