Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x

extendoclip

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2019
The reticle should be thick. If the reticle is taylored to the high end, it will suffer in the role this scope is needed most which is not 1000 yard F class target shooting. Tactical shooters arent disecting grid paper with fine recitcles. They need to see the reticle no matter what to make hits. I guess we will wait and see as we are all guessing. 🤷🏿‍♂️
The center dot should not be larger than 1 MOA and the holdover dots and crosshairs should be 1/2 or even smaller. The donut is what you are using at low power for speed.

prreed10

Private
Belligerents
Jan 19, 2011
Here’s a couple MOA reticle shots taken with a phone using a White paper plate as the backdrop.
3500ADD2-4011-4AB2-B1B2-18A92240F5C5.jpeg
377C0E9D-8C94-4632-965D-8F3951BB7195.jpeg

beetroot

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
There's a video showing the undefined range on instagram.
The reticle looks pretty well sized, the centre dot is easily visible on 1x and is the main aim points from 1-5x then the cross hairs and tree becomes useable from from 5-10.

Lmatt

Private
Belligerents
May 16, 2017
Idaho
Wish I could look through one in person. Watching the video I like how the ring around the center dot makes it look bigger and almost seem like it’s SFP until you get to a higher mag and see it separate. I wonder if it looks as good in person as it does on my phone lol

Reactions: RTV

chevy_man

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2019
This is one of the most exciting scopes of the year imo.

If it's anywhere near as good as their 1-6x, and 60% of the price of an ATACR 1-8... they'll corner the market.

Can't wait to see one.

But will it be able to drive spikes like the atacr?

That video looks straight out of COD. The video makes me not want to buy one so as not to be associated with it.

hk dave

Optics Fiend
Belligerents
Jun 7, 2011
So CA
Just realized I miscalculated. It’s 80% of the cost of the ATACR.

Hmm it’s a lot closer than I thought.

Would love to have em side by side.

Blackhalo

Private
Belligerents
May 29, 2008
Utah
Just realized I miscalculated. It’s 80% of the cost of the ATACR.

Hmm it’s a lot closer than I thought.

Would love to have em side by side.
It can already be had a sizeable chunk less the the NF. You can get more off the map on the razor then the ATACR. I wasn't going to do it until a vendor here quoted me a price, I couldn't get the cc out fast enough.

The nx8 quotes I got are closer to what I pre ordered the Razor for. The ATACR was significantly more.

wjm308

Send it!
Belligerents
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
Really anxious to see field reviews on this, was about to buy one from Scott at Liberty Optics but decided to wait to see what other toys might be released at SHOT next week. The 1-6 never really tickled me, the 1-8’s made me think but a 1-10 is much more compelling especially if it’s done right.

Reactions: Pointman308

wjm308

Send it!
Belligerents
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
Vortex has the size and expertise to pull this scope off and do so at reasonable production volumes.

I expect the street price to be close to NX8, so basically this is intended to go after the ATACR, but at NX8 price. Oh, and yes, I have one coming.

ILya
Vortex has always pushed the "get more for less" boundaries, it was a huge hit for their Gen II scopes and it appears to still be their objective with Gen III. I am anxious to hear how you like it as you have a lot more experience with LPVO's than I do.

BytorJr

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
This is becoming tempting to give CST my deposit...but I'm not generally one to jump immediately into the cold water pool. Besides I still kind of want to see what else may come out of SHOT; maybe somebody still keeping secrets like Apple under Steve Jobs.

Reactions: Moose and wjm308