TREADPROOF 2020 DATES - FRANK GALLI / MARC TAYLOR - DICKSON, TN.

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2005
Anchorage, AK
COME HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH US IN TENNESSEE
DATES:

APRIL 20-22 (CATCH THE NRA CONVENTION THE 17TH THROUGH THE 19TH)
AUGUST 21-23
OCTOBER 23-25
$1,000 FOR THREE DAYS OF HAMMER-FORGED FUNDAMENTALS AND ROCKSTAR PARTYING AFTER THE SHOOTING IS DONE.
GO TO TREADPROOF.COM TO REGISTER

------------------------------------
L/E - ONLY DATES
APR 24-25
OCT 20-21
$550 FOR TWO DAYS OF HAMMER-FORGED FUNDAMENTALS THAT WILL PUT YOU ABOVE YOUR L/E PEERS. ROCKSTAR PARTYING OPTIONAL. :-]]

------------------------------------

LODGING INFO TO FOLLOW ONCE I BEAT THE "PATEL" HOTEL INTO LOW-RATE SUBMISSION.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: kcrippen and RS14

MrSmith

Private
Belligerents
Nov 19, 2009
Are there any caliber restrictions and/or recommendations?

Thank you,
MrSmith

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2005
Anchorage, AK
Are there any caliber restrictions and/or recommendations?

Thank you,
MrSmith
.30 CAL IS TOPS. IF YOU BRING A .300 NORMA YOU WILL BE OVER-GUNNED. KEEP IT LIGHT AND “TRAINABLE”. A GUY IS NOT AS TRAINABLE ON A .338 LAPUA, FOR INSTANCE. JUST TOO MUCH BANG. — TAYLOR

Heartstopper

Private
Belligerents
Oct 6, 2009
Big Rock Tenn.
I want to take this class but it would my first class of this like this and as a beginner would it be to much to try and take in? I dont want to come and be overwhelmed with information and not retain anything from it. This is close to me which is great I'm about an hour away. Can someone give me some feedback on this class from a beginner's standpoint.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: RS14

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2005
Anchorage, AK
I want to take this class but it would my first class of this like this and as a beginner would it be to much to try and take in? I dont want to come and be overwhelmed with information and not retain anything from it. This is close to me which is great I'm about an hour away. Can someone give me some feedback on this class from a beginner's standpoint.

Thanks in advance
FRANK AND I HAVE TRAINED MANY “BEGINNERS”. YOU WILL BE GETTING THE MOST FOR YOUR MONEY, THAT’S FOR SURE BUT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE HERE PROBABLY MEANS YOU HAVE A LITTLE MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN YOU THINK. JOIN THE ONLINE TRAINING AND YOU WILL START AHEAD OF OTHER NOVICES WE’VE TRAINED UP. THIS IS A THREE-DAY COURSE. IDEAL FOR A BEGINNER, ACTUALLY. BRING GOOD EQUIPMENT. - TAYLOR

Reactions: Spblademaker

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
@Heartstopper As long as you show up with a decent understanding of your equipment and the fundamentals, you will be fine. This was my first rifle class of its type. I spend 95% of my time at 100yds working on my fundamentals, and was very happy with my performance.

Reactions: Enough Said

Heartstopper

Private
Belligerents
Oct 6, 2009
Big Rock Tenn.
Thank you both for your response. That's what I like about the hide. People wanting to help others is always of high importance. I will likely sign up as I want to improve my shooting.

Thank you both again!

patscrazy

Private
Belligerents
Mar 2, 2013
Cape Cod
Definitely want to attend one of the LE classes. I’ve never been to Tennessee so when’s a better time to go April or October?

Spencer.Woods

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Nov 21, 2019
I am really looking at the April LE class. I did notice it say 3-350 rounds for the 2 days, is this correct? I've taken week long classes that hit that round count.

wpgk58

wpgk58
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2019
All signed up for the March 13-15 class. Looking forward to it.
Any recommendations for local hotel?

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2005
Anchorage, AK
All signed up for the March 13-15 class. Looking forward to it.
Any recommendations for local hotel?
Grab the INFO FILE at the top of the thread. We are staying at the Days Inn Dickson, TN. Ask for Vick and tell him you are with the Shooters.

Welcome aboard. - Taylor

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It..
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Hey Mark. When would payment be due for the october class? Immediately?

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2005
Anchorage, AK
There’s been a small amount of confusion as to round count for these Courses.

This is a precision rifle course, not a spray and pray rifle course. If you want to be absolutely safe, bring a case of ammo, but Frank and I stress predictability and repeatability and don’t want our students shooting more than 120 - 140 rounds per course.

Frank and I have been a team for many courses now and are firm believers that quality shooting is what you are paying for, not an arcade-style shoot-em-up. We don’t limit your hits... we limit your misses. :-]]

Waco Kid

Not a sniper...
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2019
Beginner here as well. My issue is I don't really have a range rifle. My guns are typical hunting rifles with decent glass. The one I'd likely bring is a 1 moa shooter, but top load and sporter barrel. Would that be a bad idea for this type of training?

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
The Holiday Inn Express had nice rooms. Will probably be staying there again this Oct, too.

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2005
Anchorage, AK
NRA CONVENTION IS LIKE THE S.H.O.T. SHOW, BUT FOR THE CONSUMER. FRANK AND I WILL BE THERE ALL THREE DAYS.

HUNTING RIFLE IS NOT LIMITING UNLESS YOU GET INTO LONG STRINGS OF FIRE. TRY TO UPGRADE TO TACTICAL GLASS IN ORDER TO GET THE MOST FROM THE COURSE WITH THAT RIFLE.

WE BOOK THE DAYS INN BECAUSE WE WANT THE STUDENT TO BE ABLE TO BACK UP THE VEHICLE TO THE ROOM DOOR AND UNLOAD / LOAD. THE ROOMS ARE CLEAN AND ONLY $55. FRANK AND I ARE IN 110 AND 111.

SEE YOU GUYS THERE. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER SEASON OF GREAT TIMES.

TAYLOR

Waco Kid

Not a sniper...
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2019
Good, I kinda figured the sporter contour would be the biggest downside, less rounds fired before it needs a break. I have a PST gen2 on the likely candidate so I assume that would be a decent option?

car54

Private
Belligerents
Jul 24, 2013
I was going to sign up for the March 13-15 Precision rifle course today but I see it is no longer listed. If its full is there a waiting list in case of dropouts?

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2005
Anchorage, AK
I was going to sign up for the March 13-15 Precision rifle course today but I see it is no longer listed. If its full is there a waiting list in case of dropouts?
IT WAS NOT FULL, SO WE PULLED IT. IT WAS TOO AGGRESSIVE A START TO THE YEAR AND MAYBE A LITTLE EARLY. THERE'S ALWAYS APRIL.
SORRY.

-- TAYLOR

wpgk58

wpgk58
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2019
IT WAS NOT FULL, SO WE PULLED IT. IT WAS TOO AGGRESSIVE A START TO THE YEAR AND MAYBE A LITTLE EARLY. THERE'S ALWAYS APRIL.
SORRY.

-- TAYLOR
Mark,
You bumped me out by cancelling the March class. I spent all that time in the freezing cold doing new load development getting ready...🥶
See you in April...
Yea, I know you are saying to yourself... Cold, the puke doesn't know cold...😉

• Haha

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2005
Anchorage, AK
Trust me, I wanted out of Alaska in March, but the numbers to support the course just were not there. I’ll double your fundamentals hazing in April to make it up to you. :-]]

wpgk58

wpgk58
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2019
Frank and Mark,
NRAAM has now been officially cancelled. There is a course butting up to NRAAM, April 20-23.
What is the plan for that course?
I was going to come down early and go to the show and then take the class, so will cancel the extra days hotel.
Thanks

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
I’ll be damned if I’m gunna miss class. Will shoot with a respirator if necessary.

wpgk58

wpgk58
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2019
Maryland has just issued stay at home order with restriction on interstate travel. With that and I am classified as Emergancy Essential Personnel, I am going have to cancel my participation in the April class. I will try and rebook for a future class.
Frank and Mark, what is the status of courses in the future?
If I were a tin hatter, I would think the government was plotting to keep me from going to your class 🤫
Or plotting against Mark and Frank...😉

lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Just to add,

We know everything is crazy and we tried to hold out as long as possible, but it appears April is a complete wash for classes, and I am not sure about May as of this writing. It appears the world will be on Lock Down until June at least.

We are going to move the classes we can around and work to accommodate as many shooters as possible. We understand times are indeed strange right now so we are adapting on the fly as best we can.

I have been in touch with Treadproof, we have an email being crafted that went into play on Sunday. Once we are done, we will put it out. We planned on April 1st to inform all, but the government is ahead of us right now.

Stay tuned but understand we are working the problem and will make arrangements for all

RS14

Sergeant of the Hide
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 7, 2019
Panama City Florida
Just to add,

We know everything is crazy and we tried to hold out as long as possible, but it appears April is a complete wash for classes, and I am not sure about May as of this writing. It appears the world will be on Lock Down until June at least.

We are going to move the classes we can around and work to accommodate as many shooters as possible. We understand times are indeed strange right now so we are adapting on the fly as best we can.

I have been in touch with Treadproof, we have an email being crafted that went into play on Sunday. Once we are done, we will put it out. We planned on April 1st to inform all, but the government is ahead of us right now.

Stay tuned but understand we are working the problem and will make arrangements for all
I hate to hear it but completely understand. Guess ill be calling the hotel here in a few to cancel reservations.

Reactions: Fitz