Tikka Tac A1 in 6.5 Suppressor help

Aug 2, 2012
Allentown PA
I did some searching before posting, from what I gather seems like these 3 are mentioned most often

1)TBAC Ultra 9 or 7
2)Sandman L
3)Specwar 762

What I have not found out is if one of these would be better suited for my 24" barrel with the 6.5, shooting Prime ammo. Sorry I am sort of new to this but have a hard on to get one.. After that I will work on one for the AR and the 22 bolt gun..
Thanks in advance

317millhand

Pointman Firearms
May 8, 2011
Hazard, Ky
Either of those 3 will work great. The Thunderbeast cans are made with precision rifles in mind. Very lightweight and repeatable. They will also handle more AR abuse than what most people think. The Dead Air Sandman L and Specwar are tanks. Rated for short barrels and up to fulll auto abuse. Also work great on bolt actions. The ruggedness comes at the expense of weight. They are much heavier than the TBAC titanium cans.

If weight is no concern and you want a dual use can first, I'd recommend the Sandman L. Use it on your AR and bolt guns. Then make your next purchase a dedicated Precision rifle can, and treat yourself to a Thunderbeast

Feb 14, 2017
all over see below:
I recommend either ultra 7 or 9 I got the 7 on my tikka and It shoots and works amazing. I wish I would have got the 9 just because but definitely get the ones that attached to the brake. I use it on my 6.5 308 and ars in both 300 and 556

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2012
Allentown PA
Either of those 3 will work great. The Thunderbeast cans are made with precision rifles in mind. Very lightweight and repeatable. They will also handle more AR abuse than what most people think. The Dead Air Sandman L and Specwar are tanks. Rated for short barrels and up to fulll auto abuse. Also work great on bolt actions. The ruggedness comes at the expense of weight. They are much heavier than the TBAC titanium cans.

If weight is no concern and you want a dual use can first, I'd recommend the Sandman L. Use it on your AR and bolt guns. Then make your next purchase a dedicated Precision rifle can, and treat yourself to a Thunderbeast
Great info thank you from a rookie. I feel like i should do the TBAC on the Tikka (my precision rifle) and do a Sandman K or L for the AR than save for the .22 can

Dec 20, 2017
I plan on the TBU7. Question is; 6.5 can or .300 for more use? I'm going w/ .300.

I have a TB 22 Takedown and ACC M4 2000 that should be showing up soon.

j741

Hide Member
Sep 10, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Great info thank you from a rookie. I feel like i should do the TBAC on the Tikka (my precision rifle) and do a Sandman K or L for the AR than save for the .22 can
I went with the 6.5 Ultra 9 for my Tikka CTR in a X-Ray chassis. Really wish it didn't take so long to get it. I'm likely still 7+ months out.

I felt it was a toss up between the AAC Halcyon and Rugged Oculus. I just went with AAC when it had a great sales price at Hansohn Brothers for 4th of July.

I have SiCo Hybrid also on the way that should cover just about anything else.

Top Bottom