Things you want to improve in 2020

Steel head

Stylish Ninja
Belligerents
Aug 3, 2014
Washington
2019 was an excellent year for me in the shooting department.
I’m shootin well and have my rifles set up nicely.

The two things I want to improve. 1-using reticle holds only just for practice.
I’ve already implemented that with my 260 with an older scope with a H-25 reticle in it that I borrowed.

2-bettering my wind reading at longer distances.
Say 1500 yards and out.
I often find what I read at my position and see at the target focus range are definitely not giving all the info I need.
If I’m in a situation I have data on already I do quite good and get hits quickly and easily.
In new situations though it’s a lot of send it and see what happens.
I’d like to be able be closer to or on target a bit quicker in general at new situations.

I plan to spend more time on a spotting scope at multiple focus ranges and try to map the wind better at multiple ranges.

GotCox

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 18, 2011
Oregon
I want to spend the year on burning ammo and pulling trigger till i feel confident with any shot 600y and closer. Prone, kneeling, tripod, off pack, off a tree. Getting gear and ammo sorted as i go. If i can get that done this year i would be very happy.

Hardpan

Rent this space
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2013
CA
Breathing technique and rear bag squeeze for me. I get some vertical stringing still.

Reactions: GotCox

AMAC79

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Spending more time spotting/watching wind and trace is a big one for me as well.

Also really focusing on recoil management from alternate positions. All my training this year will be with a 308 and 175s.

delinquent pleb

Private
Belligerents
Mar 5, 2017
Get out hunting and shoot more precision service rifle and practice more PSR shooting. F-class has been fun but time to try something else and properly get into PSR.

Reactions: GotCox

47guy

Private
Belligerents
Jul 15, 2017
reno,nevada
2019 was an excellent year for me in the shooting department.
I’m shootin well and have my rifles set up nicely.

The two things I want to improve. 1-using reticle holds only just for practice.
I’ve already implemented that with my 260 with an older scope with a H-25 reticle in it that I borrowed.

2-bettering my wind reading at longer distances.
Say 1500 yards and out.
I often find what I read at my position and see at the target focus range are definitely not giving all the info I need.
If I’m in a situation I have data on already I do quite good and get hits quickly and easily.
In new situations though it’s a lot of send it and see what happens.
I’d like to be able be closer to or on target a bit quicker in general at new situations.

I plan to spend more time on a spotting scope at multiple focus ranges and try to map the wind better at multiple ranges.
you and i shoot in pretty much the same type of terrain mountains and valleys you have nice trees and i have sage brush LOL...ive been shooting in the same spot for 16+yrs and still have not figured out the wind here.

my 850 and 1080 sit on the side of a pretty tall steep mountain with a deep valley at about 775yds then a slightly lower mountain at 700yds then another pretty good valley at 550yds....ive been on top of the mountain that the 1080 is on and wind so bad it was hard to walk but a light breeze at the shooting position.

the other problem here is how fast the wind changes from shot to shot...yesterday at 1080 i see about a half mil left to right...i hold .6mil center...impact 1mil right of target...adjust hold 1.5mils left impact right edge...adjust hold 1.7mils left impact aprox .6mils off left side.

my goal is working on being more consistent at matches and follow through...as long as ive been doing this i still get the first stage jitters and have a bad habit of not following through with trigger pull/squeeze and continue to get better with wind calls.