Nov 22, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot

abn31c

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
HTF they get hazing outta that? I dont get the hazing shit, I thought it was practical jokes or something, not abuse and fukin murder.

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Belligerents
Feb 15, 2017
"It was an unforseen accident that dramatically impacted all the lives of those involved ". Sounds like I'm a victim too . Boo Fuck8n Hoo . You killed someone pay the fuck8n piper .

Redmanss

Belligerents
Aug 24, 2010
Northeast Wyoming
Yeah, they definitely need to rot in Leavenworth for life. And for once in service rivalry convo, I agree with AJ on this one. The Marines should have never gotten involved with USSOCOM, Al Gray was 100% right on that matter. it only breeds immaturity and childish dick measuring once you get into that culture.

diverdon

Constitutionalist, by choice
Belligerents
Dec 21, 2011
WNY
While he and the other accused are probably murderers, let us remember that the SEAL telling the story has had a year to work with a likely corrupt prosecutor to come up with a version of the story that makes it easy to convict the others and get him the lightest sentance in exchange for telling the story.

They may very well deserve to hang, but if I were on the jury/board I would steeply discount this guys story.

Jerry is right Squids belong on ships. It is not our purpose to always have to go and do the Armys job for them.

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Seals and Marines are good at coming up with stories, get their asses back on the ships, they are a net negative contributor to the efforts.

diverdon

Belligerents
Dec 21, 2011
WNY
And Military Prosecutors in all branches are good at getting people to lie when it suits their purpose. Those are the reasons that I do not consider this story news. It is not news it is just a story the Prosecutor decided to put out to taint the board.

Felhammer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2018
Southern Colorado
Mali must not be that active active of an AO if they were able to break down the door without catching a dozen or so 147gr pills to the vitals. I worked on joint task forces off and on from 04-13 and never had any issues with other operational component team members. But I will say that my short career in that community did teach me that the various pipelines required to reach the title of “Special” often falls short of weeding out some grade A fucktards. I’ve ran into window lickers that wore tridents, fuzzy green hats and a few that wore marpat camo. I’m not saying that the RASP program didn’t allow an occasional mouth breather to squeak through but if they did they were quickly reassigned to low risk damage duties. But that is clearly hypothetical because it never happened. Even if it were to happen I am sure that once the scroll was pinned to the lesser candidate that the gods of war would strike him dead immediately for being unworthy of the glorious suffering we would soon enjoy as the Ranger life. As far as these traitorous backstabbing agents of the Department of Waterworks are concerned, they will be judged for dishonor in their actions. I hope they live a very long regrettable life disgraced and never to be called brothers again. It would be fitting that they be invisible to us all as if they never served. They should be treated like the common felon with no more honor or respect given to a drive by shooter in a crack neighborhood. Send them to an open yard penitentiary and forget they ever existed.

Last edited:

diverdon

Belligerents
Dec 21, 2011
WNY
Mali must not be that active active of an AO if they were able to break down the door without catching a dozen or so 147gr pills to the vitals.
When you are in the service your officers will tell you when you are allowed to be in possession of your weapon. Many who serve their country have been killed because their officers did not trust them. This is not new. I have read of multiple occasions of Marines on Pacific Islands trying to fight off supprise attacks from the Japs with no bullets, because some officer had collected all the ammo.

Felhammer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2018
Southern Colorado
When you are in the service your officers will tell you when you are allowed to be in possession of your weapon. Many who serve their country have been killed because their officers did not trust them. This is not new. I have read of multiple occasions of Marines on Pacific Islands trying to fight off supprise attacks from the Japs with no bullets, because some officer had collected all the ammo.
In my Army career (1997-2014) I have never been in a “High Threat” area in an operation capacity unarmed. I have been in “Low Threat” countries on HUMINT operations for HVTs with one in the pipe. I know that the SFGs have gone through some major growing pains in the last 15years at the command levels but if a Commissioned Officer told me that I had to be in a High Threat country on a high vis mission without my weapon I would remind him respectfully that I operate in this current capacity as a volunteer and can at anytime raise my right hand towards S1 and say “cut me some orders SPC desk person!” And that desk person would wave his S1 magic wand like a wizard and poof! I would be back in “Big Army” were I would be treated like a God by all who look upon me as long as they are E-7 and below and had never served in the 75th. In that case they would say “hi Tim, why are you wearing a tiara and cape at PT formation?”

Reactions: oneshot86

kthomas

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 17, 2009
Houston, TX
Although the defense states that this was a hazing gone wrong, I've read somewhere that the ranger uncovered some illicit stuff that the SEAL's were involved in over there. That makes a lot more sense then the hazing story.

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
He wasnt a Ranger, he was a Green Beanie. I read that too. Some validity to what diver is saying about the absolute corrupt JAG in our military these days, worse than their civilian counterparts and less accountable, I think these guys just got pissed at him and weren't man enough to take him out themselves so they probably got drunk and got the perpetual bullshit machine going amongst themselves as seals and marines are want to do then killed the guy as a group because they were too much of a bunch of pussies to do it one on one.

Last edited:

Felhammer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2018
Southern Colorado
Although the defense states that this was a hazing gone wrong, I've read somewhere that the ranger uncovered some illicit stuff that the SEAL's were involved in over there. That makes a lot more sense then the hazing story.
Who there Cowboy, Logan Melgar was not a Ranger. He was a Green Beret assigned to a joint task force being spearheaded by DEVGRU. To understand the difference you would have to look at the individual mission sets that separate what ODA (Green Berets) and Task Force (75th Ranger Regiment) are designed around. Primary for ODA is “Foreign Internal Defense” they go into a shit hole ran by assholes and find villagers who also think their country is ran by assholes. Then they train the villagers in guerrilla tactics and lead them into battle right after they politely ask these cabbage farmers they just trained to please not shoot them in the back with the weapons they just gave them for $23 and a 2 liter of Pepsi. The 75th Ranger regiments primary mission is to go behind enemy territory and secure an enemy airport ahead of an invasion and defend it so that the mass off the us military can gain a foothold immediately with thousands of highly motivated moderately trained little Hooahs and Hoorahs. However, neither units have been operating much in those capacities since we moved from GWOT “Expeditionary” to GWOT. Mostly ODA has worked in a Counter Insurgency role (COIN) and Ranger regiment has been operating on the secondary mission set High Value Target Recovery/Elimination. Then we all join our body’s together like Voltron to form the Joint Hunter Killer Teams that MSNBC and CNN keep crying about. Thanks for hanging in there while I explained USASOC subordinate unites 101. Join us next time when we discuss the US Coast Guard, “A military branch or just Wet Ass Cops?”

Reactions: kthomas

kthomas

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 17, 2009
Houston, TX
My apologies, I knew he was a Green Beret. Multi-tasking at work while typing up a forum post doesn't always go well...

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Rangers = still able to walk and fight after being starved and sleep deprived for a few months, other than that a slightly more determined Graduate of Sand Hill, seems they are learning how to talk as much shit as boot Jarhead these days to lol, a few more syllables and better grammar of course. :)

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Belligerents
Aug 10, 2001
Arizona, good place for me...
OK, I've been silent on these anti-Marine tirades. That's over.

Here's some things the detractors aren't thinking and saying these days. There are lots of Marines who are not Shitbirds and I do not condone the hatred for My Corps that is often displayed here at every opportunity. Never pass up an opportunity to detract..., that's not my way.

When we trash The Corps, My Corps, these are but a few of those who we trash. Among them is the founder of this site; and the fact that those who do this are still here is a testament to the tolerance the Marines here display toward others.

I am a Marine, and have been one for over 50 years. That's not going to change, and I'm immensely proud to bear the title, United States Marine.

I respect and honor all the other services, as I should. ...As others here should...

I refuse to divide and conquer.

Just stop it.

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Felhammer

Felhammer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2018
Southern Colorado
Rangers = still able to walk and fight after being starved and sleep deprived for a few months, other than that a slightly more determined Graduate of Sand Hill, seems they are learning how to talk as much shit as boot Jarhead these days to lol, a few more syllables and better grammar of course. :)
Well once you complete the gauntlet between RASP and Ranger School and get assigned you will face a final test. The ghost of Col. Lewis Millett holding an M1 Carbine bayonet affixed still stained with the blood of Chinese regulars. Then he asks “Young Ranger, you must prove that you are ready to suffer with pride and purpose.” The young Ranger replies with “I am ready No Fear 6 (circa 1951 MOH) Oh wielder of cold steel, destroyer of the Jaundice Hordes of the Red Army.” Col. Millett then lens forward and asks.... “What do you do with CRAYONS!!!????” The Ranger steely eyed, trained and deadly answers back. “Feed a Force Recon Company Sir!” Then the ghost of Col. Lewis Millett ascends back into the sky MOH gleaming and leaves you with passing words of inspiration from he a Ranger God. “Don’t fuck it up, dick!”

Reactions: ArmyJerry

Felhammer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2018
Southern Colorado
Champion on Marine. Glad your here to defend the honor of the Corps. I don’t actually hate you guys. I pick on you sometimes but there is nothing but love. My Platoon Sergeant was a former 0321 from 1st Reconnaissance Bn Force Company. He didn’t say a whole lot except one night in a patrol base while wrapping up the security rotation scheduled. He looked me dead in the face and said “aside from the mission and school differences, do you know what the difference is between a Marine Force company and a Ranger SMU Reconnaissance Company is?” I said “no idea Sergeant.” He said “Rangers take so much pride in how much they can suffer that it almost become a religion, a Reconnaissance Marine can suffer just as much. But he didn’t score high enough on the ASVAB to know if he is suffering or not.” I almost lost my shit. And he goes “if you break noise discipline I’ll break your neck. Marines know how to laugh on the inside without losing their war face. Now shut it.”

Last edited:

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Belligerents
Aug 10, 2001
Arizona, good place for me...
I just have problems with the negativity, no matter which service gets the bashing.

Hate is easy, and easy to deal with; one just soldiers on. Hatred is its own stain, and once worn, it never washes off.

Greg

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
nobody hates the corps, just stay on the boats with the squids.

I take that back, EMO boy hates all military and free thinking Americans,

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
not in this case Greg, the marines need to pick better friends , now they are caught up in murdering a soldier

Felhammer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2018
Southern Colorado
How the hell do you call that a disagreement when none of you called the other racist? Is that even a disagreement? Are we going to drift off into the night with an unsettled argument where both sides ponder the others perspective? I demand someone call somebody a bigot!

MK20

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2018
Idaho
Service rivalries, murder trial, and SOF vs non SOF viewpoints....

I better invest in popcorn and tape measures. Going to be good...

Felhammer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2018
Southern Colorado
All I know is that if a guy dies by accident you typically don’t try to hide it and attempt to destroy evidence. Usually you say a few kind words, suck It up and write it down for the next weekend safety brief.