The OFFICIAL METAL THREAD (unofficial)

GM795

The Outlier
Apr 3, 2017
Generation Of Vipers - Ritual

The break down and reconstruction in the middle of this song blows me away every time.

You're welcome.

Dec 13, 2017
Gentleman, gentleman...... let’s not forget a little old school “Mr. Scary” George Lynch or a new comer I haven’t seen mentioned yet. Amaranthe and pick an album cuz their all good if you like some techno-metal. Have a Soldano Hot Rod 50 head with Soldano 4/12 slant. Run a ESP Sunburst Tiger through it to haze the neighbors from time to time🤙

Bender

Something witty here
Feb 12, 2014
Cheyenne WY.
Gentleman, gentleman...... let’s not forget a little old school “Mr. Scary” George Lynch or a new comer I haven’t seen mentioned yet. Amaranthe and pick an album cuz their all good if you like some techno-metal. Have a Soldano Hot Rod 50 head with Soldano 4/12 slant. Run a ESP Sunburst Tiger through it to haze the neighbors from time to time🤙
Amaranthe is too produced, they seem forced, like the Back Street Boys, or Britney Speers of metal.....

Amman Amarth is not too far behind LOL. But I will listen to them both. This is purely my opinion.

Dec 13, 2017
Amaranthe is too produced, they seem forced, like the Back Street Boys, or Britney Speers of metal.....

Amman Amarth is not too far behind LOL. But I will listen to them both. This is purely my opinion.
No worry’s amigo.🤙 Take Rusty Cooley for a spin

Dec 13, 2017
Guitar player pair ups I would like to see:
Lady Gaga and Jeff Healy
Pink and George Lynch
Chick from Evenescense and John Petrucci

So cool to see young talented guitar players back on the stage again and relevant! Saw Queensryche a piece back when they were in town and was unsure if I would be disappointed because I know them from time in Seattle area. If anything they sounded better and completely owned the stage!

Bender

Something witty here
Feb 12, 2014
Cheyenne WY.
Lady Gaga and Jeff Healy
Pink and George Lynch

So cool to see young talented guitar players back on the stage again and relevant! Saw Queensryche a piece back when they were in town and was unsure if I would be disappointed because I know them from time in Seattle area. If anything they sounded better and completely owned the stage!
I saw Dream Theater with Queensryche right before Jeoff Tate went bat shit crazy..... Operation Mind Crime is still one of my top 20 albums....

Dec 13, 2017
I saw Dream Theater with Queensryche right before Jeoff Tate went bat shit crazy..... Operation Mind Crime is still one of my top 20 albums....
That had to have been an awesome show! Nothing better than kicking the Bowers and Wilkins in the ass with a little “Pull Me Under”. I was a bouncer in one of the only live clubs on the east side and was working the door with the GM standing behind me. Queensryche walked up and I welcomed them in free of charge but the GM says they pay like everybody else. I said not tonight they don’t, and paid all their cover. Anytime they were in town recording they would come see me and check out the local bands.

Bender

Something witty here
Feb 12, 2014
Cheyenne WY.
That had to have been an awesome show! Nothing better than kicking the Bowers and Wilkins in the ass with a little “Pull Me Under”. I was a bouncer in one of the only live clubs on the east side and was working the door with the GM standing behind me. Queensryche walked up and I welcomed them in free of charge but the GM says they pay like everybody else. I said not tonight they don’t, and paid all their cover. Anytime they were in town recording they would come see me and check out the local bands.
I used to bounce too. I forgot most the bands, but I have pics with some of them.... I’m the fat guy in the middle of SevenDust

26CCC470-365A-4892-858F-4BECC7BEBF83.jpeg

Rthur

Philomath
Apr 16, 2010
Divernon, Illinios
Lady Gaga and Jeff Healy
Pink and George Lynch

Haven't heard George Lynch's name for a while...

R

Bender

Something witty here
Feb 12, 2014
Cheyenne WY.
I met these guys while I was bouncing, they opened up for Wayne static, ( I met Wayne before he died) Anyway, these guys literally stole the show, they were so much better than Wayne static. I stayed after the breakdown to talk to them and try to get a CD from them, they were so new they didn’t even have a CD to hand out LOL I told them that they stole the show from Wayne static and I was an instant fan, I have seen them two other times after that, nicest group of guys ever, it was before they were huge so they did all of their set up and take down themselves. Interesting note, the guitarist in this song came from a country-western band LOL

Feb 16, 2005
VA
Well....as Hank III taught us, metal and country can go well together. However this song is actually sung to the tune of "Gangsta Gangsta" by NWA

You do realize what GWAR stands for "God What an Awful Racket" That bunch of non musician art student rejects is local to me.

el-wood

bicycle nerd
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
You do realize what GWAR stands for "God What an Awful Racket" That bunch of non musician art student rejects is local to me.
Ive been listening to Gwar since around 1990 and before i graduated high school had already seen them in concert 3 times.....and actually i never knew their name was an acronym..and thats ok, cuz i still like them. The only only other band ive seen in concert more is PANTERA !!!

May 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Mb.
Way back, way way back, when Metal Church opened for Metallica, that was good music.
Then, Ynwie Malmsteen (Rising Force) opened for Ronnie James Dio, that was good music.
Then, Metallica sold out, and everything went to shit, and I resort back to Pink Floyd, or My Lady's Gregorian Chants. There's quality there, too.

Bender

Something witty here
Feb 12, 2014
Cheyenne WY.
Way back, way way back, when Metal Church opened for Metallica, that was good music.
Then, Ynwie Malmsteen (Rising Force) opened for Ronnie James Dio, that was good music.
Then, Metallica sold out, and everything went to shit, and I resort back to Pink Floyd, or My Lady's Gregorian Chants. There's quality there, too.
Dude.... so much you are missing so much....

Try TesseracT

Very mellow. Like modern Floyd.