The "Nom Nom Nom" Thread

Sep 7, 2011
Golden CO
So I don't have any food pics, though I do have one of my very classy lady and myself as we were finishing up a dinner worth me writing about.

So we have been dating for several months and don't have a lot of time to just the two of us with both of us having kids. This weekend they were all at their other parents and I made plans to take the little lady out for dinner. I made reservations and a couple days before let her know I had made some plans and she should start thinking about something nice to wear.
The restaurant was a surprise (she wanted it that way) and she was pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to Morton's here in Denver. Our table was a little late being ready, so we grabbed a glass of wine in the bar. Once seated, we talked wine and I told her I had seen a Napa Cab flight I thought she might like as she loves them and she agreed and ordered it. We almost ordered a bottle of Stags Leap Artemis and she wanted to go with what I had thought she would love (turns out I was right, she did)
We started with prosciutto wrapped mozzarella and tomato broiled to put a light crisp on the prosciutto and then drizzled in a balsamic reduction. They were so great I almost ordered another!
I had also seen on the menu online one of their specials of a 6 oz filet, with grilled shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops that I thought she would love. She did order it and it was perfect according to her.
I had a filet oscar and a couple glasses of different wines that were so delicious.
It was all topped off with shared creme brûlée that was absolute perfection.

It was a special night with a lady I can't imagine I am blessed to be with.

Veer_G

The Cunning Linguist
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
So I don't have any food pics, though I do have one of my very classy lady and myself as we were finishing up a dinner worth me writing about.

So we have been dating for several months and don't have a lot of time to just the two of us with both of us having kids. This weekend they were all at their other parents and I made plans to take the little lady out for dinner. I made reservations and a couple days before let her know I had made some plans and she should start thinking about something nice to wear.
The restaurant was a surprise (she wanted it that way) and she was pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to Morton's here in Denver. Our table was a little late being ready, so we grabbed a glass of wine in the bar. Once seated, we talked wine and I told her I had seen a Napa Cab flight I thought she might like as she loves them and she agreed and ordered it. We almost ordered a bottle of Stags Leap Artemis and she wanted to go with what I had thought she would love (turns out I was right, she did)
We started with prosciutto wrapped mozzarella and tomato broiled to put a light crisp on the prosciutto and then drizzled in a balsamic reduction. They were so great I almost ordered another!
I had also seen on the menu online one of their specials of a 6 oz filet, with grilled shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops that I thought she would love. She did order it and it was perfect according to her.
I had a filet oscar and a couple glasses of different wines that were so delicious.
It was all topped off with shared creme brûlée that was absolute perfection.

It was a special night with a lady I can't imagine I am blessed to be with.
I am equally impressed by your taste, as I am by your use of diacritical marks. Cunning Linguist approves.

Veer_G

The Cunning Linguist
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
So, this morning she sidles up to me and says, "Honey, I screwed up. I bought you a steak that looked good and completely forgot about it. Yesterday was its use-by date. Do you think it's still any good?"