The joys of France- a gun free country

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010
The Snobbiest Town in The Snobbiest State in the N
France is anything but gun free... they still have some of the most 2a-similar laws and views. In fact my friend Martin moved there after he retired in the UK because they let him keep his belt-feds and military collection that was verboten in England.

Want a suppressor? Walk in to any sporting goods store and they are 20 euros.

They may drop them and run every time a German says ‘boo’ but they are not a gun-free zone!

Cheers, Sirhr

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
France is anything but gun free... they still have some of the most 2a-similar laws and views. In fact my friend Martin moved there after he retired in the UK because they let him keep his belt-feds and military collection that was verboten in England.

They may drop them and run every time a German says ‘boo’ but they are not a gun-free zone!

Cheers, Sirhr
Once again, fact trounces opinion.

ArmyJerry

DidnDuNuffin
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Exile Island
Beat me to it

Cheers, Sirhr

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2014
Shreveport, Louisiana

Cheers, Sirhr

Reactions: barneybdb

Maggot

Laffin atcha unowho
Belligerents
Jul 27, 2007
What a stupid waste of life. I wonder what the ethnicity of the shooter was? Any guesses?

556ARs

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2018
Ohio
It is fast become a Liberal country packed will illegals and drugs. The French and the British have always been spineless people.

Maggot

Laffin atcha unowho
Belligerents
Jul 27, 2007
It is fast become a Liberal country packed will illegals and drugs. The French and the British have always been spineless people.
Bullshit. The Brits are some tough MF's...or were. The Nazi's would have found that out if they had invaded England. It does appear things have taken a turn for the worse. Same with the French. The Normans were serious warriors.

I think the real problem is that both of them, and most of the rest of Europe, descended from monarchies, and have never really know the independence we in America often take for granted.

ArmyJerry

DidnDuNuffin
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Exile Island
France is our oldest an most reliable ally, not that crooked toothed Island that is home to our oldest and most determined enemy, they have played a major part in the latest Coup attempt, I doubt France had anything to do with it...

Another thing for you ignorant asshole British fan boy dick suckers, the French grunt is anything but cowardly, they are badasses in their own right. They have a much longer history of fighting and winning on a continental scale than that shitty little fucked up island full of green toothed fucktards. REad a actual history book... Without France your would have green crooked teeth this very day..

Last edited:

Rthur

Philomath
Belligerents
Apr 16, 2010
Not Chicago, Illinios
France is our oldest an most reliable ally, not that crooked toothed Island that is home to our oldest and most determined enemy, they have played a major part in the latest Coup attempt, I doubt France had anything to do with it...

Another thing for you ignorant asshole British fan boy dick suckers, the French grunt is anything but cowardly, they are badasses in their own right. They have a much longer history of fighting and winning on a continental scale than that shitty little fucked up island full of green toothed fucktards. REad a actual history book... Without France your would have green crooked teeth this very day..
If I'm understanding you correctly you seem to have an angst against the limeys.
Can't tell as you are being vague.

R

Last edited:

acudaowner

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
I love french fries viva la france
in that same token I used to like Tomas's English muffins so I cannot get on them too much but a duck is still a duck .
Its been a funny history with England they did give us the Beatles and black sabbath and punk rock and others . lol
I like the english people and the french people which ever country takes ocd and crew off us is the winner
they all fit in with the Americans we all are getting screwed by our governments and have been for a long long time .

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 25, 2017

Cheers, Sirhr
The average American gun owner barely knows his own country's gun laws, what did you expect?

Reactions: M8541Reaper

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010

Fun history fact... The British wore red uniform coats so that during their linear warfare and volley-fire, the troops would not panic because blood from bullet wounds would not show up on the red tunics when soldiers were hit.

This is exactly the reason that, for generations, the French have worn brown pants.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Fun history fact... The British wore red uniform coats so that during their linear warfare and volley-fire, the troops would not panic because blood from bullet wounds would not show up on the red tunics when soldiers were hit.

This is exactly the reason that, for generations, the French have worn brown pants.

Cheers,

Sirhr
My understanding is that the mass of uniform coats made it difficult to gauge troop numbers. But I think that you might be having fun at the expense of les grenouilles.

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010
My understanding is that the mass of uniform coats made it difficult to gauge troop numbers. But I think that you might be having fun at the expense of les grenouilles.
Tabernaq, you got me you Hangleesh pig-dog!

Zut Alors.

Bonsecours bordeaux renault eifel louvre filet mignon lacrosse leBouf!

Cheers,

Sirhr

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010
Ill be in Normandy in a few weeks.
On the subject of which.... Due to some circumstances here at Schloss Nitrocellulose beyond my control.... not doing Labrador this fall. Putting off until next summer or fall. So you ain't off the hook there Hoka Hey! Let's do this next year. Maybe August?

We can work on our Frenglish in the interim... so we fit in with the Queebs.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: ArmyJerry

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010
Translation:

Something-wine-car-something-something-Good Steak-Beating/sport-something

Add in there, some Poutine and it sounds like a drive-through dinner, Class-A.
Market in Montreal, snooty wine, bad car, tower in Paris, over-rated museum, tasteless cut of beef, whacking off, some Ghey-a$$ed freak named Shia.

Damn, don't you Manitobans know how to Habla?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: ArmyJerry

hlee

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 14, 2012
TX

Cheers,

Sirhr
Red was chosen because red dye was cheap. That was the most important consideration when outfitting an entire army.

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010
Actually, I've found an opinion supporting expense as the factor.

Expense was the factor.... or one of them. Plus made maneuvering troops using nothing more than a spyglass and flags (or riders) easier. The blood had nothing to do with.

But that ruins the damn joke!

Sheesh.... you guys ruin all the good history jokes.

Next time I tell the one about the last thing Jim Bowie said to Davy Crockett when they saw Santa Anna’s army charging The Alamo... the one where Bowie turns to Crockett and says “Hey, I didn’t know we were pouring concrete today...”. Someone will point out that they didn’t pour concrete then, they used spades.... or that most of Santa Anna’s army were actually roofers, blah blah blah.

You guys are no fun.

Cheers, Sirhr

johnnycat

Southpaw Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 2, 2011
Tupelo, MS
Next time I tell the one about the last thing Jim Bowie said to Davy Crockett when they saw Santa Anna’s army charging The Alamo... the one where Bowie turns to Crockett and says “Hey, I didn’t know we were pouring concrete today...”. Someone will point out that they didn’t pour concrete then, they used spades.... or that most of Santa Anna’s army were actually roofers, blah blah blah.
LOL - I can't believe I'd never heard that one!

I have heard that the inside of British ships of the day were painted red for that reason, however - so that when a cannonball came through tearing off limbs and blood spewed everywhere the sailors didn't know it was a bad situation. Not sure if the French navy had brown paint on their lower decks. I never really understood why the officers felt that was helpful, though - it doesn't take a genius to know you're in a bad situation when guns are being turned over and sunlight starts coming through the hull.

hlee

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 14, 2012
TX
Expense was the factor.... or one of them. Plus made maneuvering troops using nothing more than a spyglass and flags (or riders) easier. The blood had nothing to do with.

But that ruins the damn joke!

Sheesh.... you guys ruin all the good history jokes.

You guys are no fun.

Cheers, Sirhr
They may not have poured concrete, but they definitely all showed up in a single station wagon...

• Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic

armorpl8chikn

Sergeant
Belligerents
Aug 17, 2010
Western NC
I heard Davy Cricket shouted,"Don't let them messicans get over that wall fellers! They'll have this place sheetrocked in an hour and a half!"

Also the Redcoats thing y'all are all wrong. Just like any coin toss before a football game, the winner of the toss sets the terms. "Call the toss British. British call heads, it's tails, you lose the toss British. Settlers what do you want to do? Ok, settlers say, they are gonna shoot from behind rocks and trees, and anywhere, your boys have to wear red, and March in a straight line."

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
I heard Davy Cricket shouted,"Don't let them messicans get over that wall fellers! They'll have this place sheetrocked in an hour and a half!"

Also the Redcoats thing y'all are all wrong. Just like any coin toss before a football game, the winner of the toss sets the terms. "Call the toss British. British call heads, it's tails, you lose the toss British. Settlers what do you want to do? Ok, settlers say, they are gonna shoot from behind rocks and trees, and anywhere, your boys have to wear red, and March in a straight line."
Your contributions to our merriment bring a certain je ne sais quoi.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn