The Fix from Q

esw004

Private
Belligerents
Feb 15, 2017
I know all the rage is a compact pistol config, but will you be offering the Mini Fix in 300 BLK with a 16 inch barrel and the regular adjustable rifle buttstock?
I think they are just going to offer pistols and the rifle butt-stock separately, at least that was the last thing I heard/saw on it.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham

cleric

Private
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2011
Dallas, tx

rydah

Moons out goons out.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
There is no reason whatsoever why you can’t reach 1k with a 16” 6.5 creed. You'll still be spanking the average 308 in drift. I wouldn’t bank on any additional velocity with the suppressor. Whatever it does, it will be marginal.
Anyone that thinks a shorty 6.5 creedmoor is lacking doesn’t know what they are taking about. A 16 inch 6.5 creedmoor matches a 24 inch 308 win for trajectory, beats it on wind and obviously has less energy on target up close. So run it and enjoy it. Modern cartridges are great.

Tell me which chart below is the 24 inch 308 Hornady 178gr precision hunter and which is the 16 inch 6.5 creedmoor Hornady 147gr match.

Snicklefritzz

Private
Belligerents
Jun 17, 2017
I agree with everything but the adding weight part. Certainly your choice, but for me the low weight and compactness while folded is its greatest attraction to me. I’ve owned a pile of customs, and this thing is just plain interesting to me. I really enjoy it.

Mine has a heavy 22” 6.5 cm barrel. As soon as my sendero lite proof blank gets here, it’ll be a 16.5” 6.5 Lapua.
And that’s the best part! Sounds like you know what you wanna do and it will be great for you!

Rootshot

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 28, 2006
SF Bay Area
Regarding the magazine feeding issues that have been discussed here at length, I finally encountered them. The rifle feeds 100% when shot from a bipod where the magazine hangs freely. When I was practicing unsupported standing, sitting, and kneeling I had a tendency to use the magazine well as a grip including a few fingers pulling on the magazine. This resulted in enough downward cant that I saw consistent feeding issues with the Magpul magazines that shipped with the rifle.

Adding the suggested fuzzy strip of velcro to the front inside of the magazine well does appear to correct this. Perhaps a gifted machinist (or Q) could look at replacing the nut that is press-fit into the front of the magazine well with an assembly that protrudes further into the magazine well to correct this issue permanently.

Reactions: Snicklefritzz

Brasscow

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2009
Iowa
Mine feeds like a champ so far.

Anyone shooting longer bullets switched to a mag that allows a longer overall length? With the pmag I’m jumping a 140ELDM about .090. Just starting load development so not sure how jump tolerant they and the rifle are. 24” proof barrel, 6.5 creed.

E.Maker

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2019

Anyone shooting longer bullets switched to a mag that allows a longer overall length? With the pmag I’m jumping a 140ELDM about .090. Just starting load development so not sure how jump tolerant they and the rifle are. 24” proof barrel, 6.5 creed.
Which mags have a longer COAL capability?

Ephram

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 2, 2010
England

My load is awesome in the 24” 6.5 creedmoor proof barrel loaded to PMag length. I hit a node that the figures speak for themselves. I could go faster but I don’t need to.

Sadly I lost the photo of the group. .3 MOA.

My feeding issues were non existent yesterday with over 100 rounds.

Attachments

Brasscow

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2009
Iowa
My load is awesome in the 24” 6.5 creedmoor proof barrel loaded to PMag length. I hit a node that the figures speak for themselves. I could go faster but I don’t need to.

Sadly I lost the photo of the group. .3 MOA.

My feeding issues were non existent yesterday with over 100 rounds.
41.2gr h4350, 140 eldm at mag length?

Snicklefritzz

Private
Belligerents
Jun 17, 2017
Regarding the magazine feeding issues that have been discussed here at length, I finally encountered them. The rifle feeds 100% when shot from a bipod where the magazine hangs freely. When I was practicing unsupported standing, sitting, and kneeling I had a tendency to use the magazine well as a grip including a few fingers pulling on the magazine. This resulted in enough downward cant that I saw consistent feeding issues with the Magpul magazines that shipped with the rifle.

Adding the suggested fuzzy strip of velcro to the front inside of the magazine well does appear to correct this. Perhaps a gifted machinist (or Q) could look at replacing the nut that is press-fit into the front of the magazine well with an assembly that protrudes further into the magazine well to say correct this issue permanently.
Sorry to be the lazy guy, but even when I read the original post I didn’t quite understand where the strip needed to be. INSIDE the mag well toward the rear or buttstock? How far up into the magwell? I have had enough issues that I bought a KAC mag hoping it would fix it. If I run the bolt hot it’s fine, but those times I forget, it’s annoying and I have to drop the mag. :(

Rootshot

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 28, 2006
SF Bay Area
Sorry to be the lazy guy, but even when I read the original post I didn’t quite understand where the strip needed to be. INSIDE the mag well toward the rear or buttstock? How far up into the magwell? I have had enough issues that I bought a KAC mag hoping it would fix it. If I run the bolt hot it’s fine, but those times I forget, it’s annoying and I have to drop the mag. :(
Inside front of the magwell right above the magwell flare and covering the press-fit nut.

Eaglearcher20

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2018
Windber, PA 15963
For you guns hunting with your fix, what sling are you using? Not looking for a “tactical” multi-use sling. Just comfortable, minimal sling that somewhat fits the aesthetic of the rifle.

esw004

Private
Belligerents
Feb 15, 2017
For you guns hunting with your fix, what sling are you using? Not looking for a “tactical” multi-use sling. Just comfortable, minimal sling that somewhat fits the aesthetic of the rifle.
I'm using the blue force gear sling with the pad on it. It's a little tacticool but does the job for me in my stalk hunts.

CHADPEZZLE

Private
Belligerents
Dec 29, 2009
Sonoma County
I'm running the Vickers padded sling too. Fairly comfortable, and the pull tab is nice for quick adjustments.

rydah

Moons out goons out.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah if you like waiting for 9+ months to get your sling in. I like mine but not that much.
Yeah the wait time was bullshit but do you expect when you got some kid running the business. What do you think could be better? Other than a more substantial pull tab it’s feature packed but minimal and excellent as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: bigd081285

esw004

Private
Belligerents
Feb 15, 2017
Yeah the wait time was bullshit but do you expect when you got some kid running the business. What do you think could be better? Other than a more substantial pull tab it’s feature packed but minimal and excellent as far as I’m concerned.
I said I liked it, just not enough to wait 9+ MONTHS to receive an order....yes I believe I could do better on the communication and logistics side of things.

Reactions: rydah

cleric

Private
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2011
Dallas, tx
The 16in b/t 308 barrel is still tempting. Part of my issue is that I don’t know how much I would really switch the barrel. Then I feel like I wasted money having my 22 creed staying in the closet

jljr23

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2018
Lexington, Ky
The 16in b/t 308 barrel is still tempting. Part of my issue is that I don’t know how much I would really switch the barrel. Then I feel like I wasted money having my 22 creed staying in the closet
IMHO the 16" barrel configuration is where this gun shines. I've got a 24" proof barrel and do love to shoot it; however, I bought this gun for hunting. With the 16" and a trash panda suppressor, and low variable power optic....#BestHuntingRig

Kevin Brittingham

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2017
IMHO the 16" barrel configuration is where this gun shines. I've got a 24" proof barrel and do love to shoot it; however, I bought this gun for hunting. With the 16" and a trash panda suppressor, and low variable power optic....#BestHuntingRig
Couldn't agree more.