Terminus Actions

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
So I've been playing around with the Zeus and it's smoothing out real nice. Light bolt lift for a 3 lug...feels lighter than some of my 2 lug actions. Closing the bolt is pretty smooth, comparable to my BH Origin, though slightly more.

Just a note, I'm using a KRG Whiskey 3 with TT Diamond. I had to take some material/aluminum off the chassis so that the TT would go in to safety. Hope that helps out someone who might be using the same components i am.

LR Junky

Private
Belligerents
Feb 19, 2017
So I've been playing around with the Zeus and it's smoothing out real nice. Light bolt lift for a 3 lug...feels lighter than some of my 2 lug actions. Closing the bolt is pretty smooth, comparable to my BH Origin, though slightly more.

Just a note, I'm using a KRG Whiskey 3 with TT Diamond. I had to take some material/aluminum off the chassis so that the TT would go in to safety. Hope that helps out someone who might be using the same components i am.
Great info. Glad am following this thread. I just ordered a Zeus and will be ordering a Diamond next. Considered the KRG W3 but probably will be going with an A5 or T4a.

larrystine

Suffers from projectile dysfunction
Belligerents
Jul 24, 2013
Any pics of the mod?

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
It ain't pretty, but can't see it when the action is installed, unless you shine a light down there 😃

My other W3 with TT Diamond and Nucleus did not have this issue. My Seekins Havak had the same issue with the TT and Bravo Chassis.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: larrystine

larrystine

Belligerents
Jul 24, 2013
It ain't pretty, but can't see it when the action is installed, unless you shine a light down there 😃

My other W3 with TT Diamond and Nucleus didnt have this issue. My Seekins Havak had the same issue with the TT and Bravo Chassis.
Thanks for the pics.

larrystine

Belligerents
Jul 24, 2013
Stack up tolerance on these precision components is ridiculous my TT safety has an 1.4 degree angle relative to the sides of the trigger housing. Im going to put it on a proper indicator but it looks to me like the lower angle is off on most of the TT safeties. We maintain better tolerances on pipe bends in the heavy duty diesel engine industry. I think bending the safety in a bit is in order once my action arrives. May have to make a jig to keep from damaging the trigger. If that doesn't work I guess it will be dremel time.

Last edited:

MakeSawdust

Private
Belligerents
Feb 25, 2017
Mine looks like that as well. TT Diamond on a TL3 in a Bravo. Not sure what caused it, but I just dremeled it out to make the safety clear.

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
Anyone try Magpul mags on these actions yet?
Any binding or non release issues?
I'll try it out tonight...if i can remember to. I'm guessing it'll probably bind if the rear of the mag is pushed up.
It just makes sense, the cutout for AW, makes it wider in the rear, to fit AW mags. AICS mags are thinner on the back of the mag so it could be pushed up and bind on the bolt. This is NOT a flaw with the action and like I mentioned earlier, Magpul AICS with my Big Horn Origin will also bind on the bolt if the rear of the mag is pushed up.

LR Junky

Private
Belligerents
Feb 19, 2017
Zeus on a Whiskey 3. Pics of AICS 300WSM (Accurate-Mag). Feeds fine. If you're worried about binding due to pushing on rear of mag...quick fix some duct tape on the mag body to stop it from riding up further. Same thing happens on my Origin with Magpul mags.

AW mags feed the smoothest. AX308 mags won't fit, looks like the front of the mag extends a bit.

I'm planning to use both mag types..and possibly others too.
What length and contour barrel do you have on here?

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
@Kickin45 just tried the Magpul AICS mags and YES, if the rear of the mag gets pushed up, it will bind at the rear feed lips. Simple solution, Duct Tape or don't push on the mag or rest rifle on mag.

Forgot to add, the Magpul mags drop free, but I'm using KRG W3 Chassis. Diff DBM/Chassis may be diff.

I'm still waiting for the MDT Mags to test.

ARC mags bind too. Same thing don't push up on rear of mags. Also the ARC Mags didn't go in smoothly. Had to kinda "wobble" it in to lock with mag catch.

The only Mags that DON'T Bind are the AW mags. And it's really smooth (with 6.5CM)

@LR Junky it is a 22" bbl and suppose to be "MTU".

Last edited:
Reactions: larrystine

AXMC

triple-lug aficionado
Belligerents
Apr 24, 2017
Thanks for all the tests guys!
@DDRH65CM , you seem to be having a lot more bolt binding issues than some. Would you mind putting some calipers to your bolt to confirm it is truly a .725 bolt?
Thanks!

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
@AXMC Sure i can check for you later, but i'm sure i have the 0.725" bolt. I requested the updated action.

But again, I DO NOT have a Bolt Binding issue. It is possible the KRG Whiskey Chassis' magwell is slightly oversized compared to actual DBMs.

AW magazines work fine and there is NO BOLT BINDING.

The Single Feed Magazines (AICS) is thinner in the back and can ride up the action if pushed up from the rear and cause the bolt to bind. AGAIN THIS ALSO HAPPENS TO MY ORIGIN (And it's cut for AICS). This is NOT like the Vector issues.

Reactions: Redeye3

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
Merry XMAS, Happy Holidays to all!

I've had the MDT mags a few weeks now. Tested the 10rnd and 5rnd mags.

10rnd MDT (AICS Style): Same as all other Single feed lipped mag, if pushed up from the rear the bolt will bind on the rear feed lips.

5rnd MDT (AICS Style): Same with the 5rnd mags, although with enough force the bolt MAY ride over the feed lips and feed.

For 6.5PRC the MDT mags seem to feed slightly smoother than the Accurate-Mags. Although the MDT are .308 mags and the AM i have are 300WSM. Most likely the fact that MDT has shorter feed lips seems to help with smoother feeding. That said, my AM mags seem to be smoothing out and feeding is smoother than when it was new.

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It..
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
As soon as I am in the market for another custom action, I'm getting a Zeus. I'm a sucker for 3 lugs and the lightest bolt lift 3 lug I've personally felt is an axiom so I can only imagine how much better the Zeus will feel. Much much lighter than my AI.

Danrobberg

Lance Criminal
Belligerents
May 31, 2017
Got my Zeus in yesterday. Very pleased. The threaded trigger pins are just the icing on the cake. It is smoother out of the box than my tl3 was so I’m excited to see how it is after it’s been cycled a bunch. This is my first 3 lug and so far The bolt lift doesn’t seem bad at all. It actually feels very similar to my buddies Defiance elite. I can’t wait to get my barrel for this. Going with 6 xc.

Reactions: Redeye3 and kthomas