Suppressor work not from manufacture.

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
So a lot of suppressor companies went under in the last couple of years. Anyone cleaning and or completing maintenance on a suppressor that is not under their name. I have one I need cleaned.

EXTREMEPREJUDICE

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 21, 2008
SE MICHIGAN
I've never needed to have someone else clean mine, but I can tell you that the people at TBAC have the best customer service bar none. so if it was me, I'd give them a call.

Strykervet

Resident Phoenix Eye and Dim Mak Instructor
Belligerents
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
Yeah I have a couple Tbac's and I am going to order one more. Mine is on a 22 and the baffles are stuck.
Soaking in Kroil may help but I know that putting it in a US cleaner will do it and it's about the only way I know of to clean a sealed can well (though I've never needed to clean a sealed one). I put a pan of Kroil in the water and put the parts in that if I'm worried about the finish. It's not as an aggressive cleaning but it doesn't damage aluminum or weaker finishes. Although Hornady does sell a cleaning solution for use on firearms and it's mixed in water. A whole upper will fit in the Hornady US cleaner I have.

For the price of getting 'em cleaned vs. just buying a US cleaner, I'd get the US cleaner and then have it for other stuff too. It works gangbusters for brass and I use that over any other method unless I have thousands. I'm not sure how a mfg. would open a seized can but I can imagine that this would be one way of doing it.

Firing it a few time until it heats up some can make it easier to take apart. To a point anyway.

A US cleaner is also the easiest way to clean a .22 can since they need it regularly. I have one that'll go 4-500 rounds, maybe more before needing to be cleaned, but I have another that needs it every 200 or it'll be a bitch to take apart.

j-huskey

Jafo / Instigator !
Belligerents
Jul 27, 2001
AL
None
Simple green works too.

Some people say SG may hurt the finish, but it hasn't for me.

Swingpress

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
I have yet to find a stuck part ATF/acetone won’t work on and I worked on farm equipment for a number of years... lol