Sooo are we going to talk about the 700 PCR?

Priced competitively under the RPR, sub-MOA guarantee, and available in .260.

Hopefully Remington pulled their head out of their ass for this one. I will say, anyone else triggered by the fact they claim it is "silencer" ready?

Wow, almost looks like they realized how far behind they were, seeing as how even Winchester has a chassis rifle. What are the chambering options? Edit: just looked, 6.5CM, 260 and 308. Not a bad start, could use a 6mm and 223 option but only if they use decent twist rates.

Last edited:
It’s still a Remington 700. I’m unimpressed. It doesn’t look compatible with any hand guard other than the one it comes with. Definitely going after the tikka and RPR. WTF makes it silenced ready? A threaded barrel? SMFH. Marketing will say anything to make it tacticooler.

If it had a .223 version I might be interested more. Also they better have made it accept AR handguards and a barrel nut system. I doubt it though.

The rifle comes with a "3-shot sub-MOA assurance," not a sub-MOA guarantee.
Gonna be heavy in the ass with the PRS stock but otherwise looks perfectly serviceable.

If it had a .223 version I might be interested more. Also they better have made it accept AR handguards and a barrel nut system. I doubt it though.
They aren’t gonna offer a bunch of calibers out of thevgate. Took Ruger 2 years to offer 223 as well. You could probably make it 223 pretty easily with a new bolt and barrel.

I am not knocking the 700 I have a few that are great shooters, but I feel like the only thing thats going to make Remington "desired or cool again" for lack of a better way to put it is to just start from the ground up with a totally new action. Not that the 700 can't be great its just every time they put their 56 year old baby in a new prom dress most people say "yeah well its just the same old 700"

It sure looks a hell of a lot better. I like the PRS stock alot. Still don't really trust the QC of Remingtons barrels and actions. I want to like Remington, they have some cool guns but they definitely have that Freedom group/giant corporation vibe, it shows in their products. At this point unless I find a screaming deal on one, I won't be buying any remingtons.

I've bashed on Remington plenty, but it seems like a good decision from their part. Contracting out a chassis and putting an existing barreled action in is not particularly difficult for them. If nothing else, it's a step in the right direction without having to allocate a lot of design resources.

On another note, I saw the new Ashbury 700 today at Cabela's. That had to be the ugliest 700 I've ever seen. I would take the PCR over that any day of the week. All it was was a 700 barreled action (probably the same as PCR) dropped into an ass ugly ashbury stock.