Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

HuntnPack

Private
Belligerents
Jan 5, 2014
Just ordered the Havak Element in 300PRC.
They had a sick discount at the Seekins booth @ western hunting expo.
This will be my third Seekins bolt action rifle.
Should be interesting...
Dang....... I had to get one ordered too. 😃

ozz007

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2019
My dealer, sent mine back for light primer strikes, it's going close to 3 months and waiting for rifle. To come back.

• Sad
Reactions: HuntnPack

DROWN

Guns, Guitars, Maps,
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2019
NOVA
Has anyone here shot or own(ed) both a Seekins Havak Bravo 6.5 PRC and a Tikka in same or similar caliber. I am debating building a 6.5 PRC Tikka from a donor action or possibly waiting to see if they release a rifle in this caliber in June (per shot show rumors). Seekins Bravo is really attractively priced. I have shot Tikka rifles in Bravos already and really like this chassis. I had hoped to stay in the Tikka footprint for ease of swapping components but I'm seriously considering a Seekins Bravo. I mostly shoot at the range and I'm hoping to get into PRS and similar comps. This would not be for hunting but hopefully to shoot 800 -1500 yrds.

Last edited:

DJL2

Talon 6
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
Anyone have experience cutting down the Seekins stock to a shorter LOP (around 13 would likely be alright)? I cannot say I’ve even seen a CF stock cut down, curious to know how they hold up when altered for fitting.

JMS904

Noob
Hessian
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2019
Florida/Utah
Do you have one already? I can measure when I get home but frankly the Seekins Havak PH lop is pretty much the shortest on the shelf for an adult rifle. I would have guessed it around 13? My wife is around 5’ tall so in searching we’ve tried them all as far as off the shelf rifles go. The Seekins is comfortable for her.

DJL2

Talon 6
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
I do not. Considering one and I don't recall the LOP off the top of my head. Given they won't/can't do a custom LOP, I'm digging into this a bit. I find a standard 13.75" LOP in a sporter stock to be just too long.

I sent them a note on LOP, but perhaps I didn't ask the question in a way that made it clear what info I was after.

DJL2

Talon 6
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
It’s 13.25 as I’m measuring but...Give it a shot in store.
Huh...that might be workable if the stock shape agrees with me. Sadly, I've never seen one in the flesh. The only gun store I've ever been to that was stocking high end stuff as anything but a special order is about 9 hours away from me in south Florida.

JMS904

Noob
Hessian
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2019
Florida/Utah
Find any Cabela’s they likely have one in stock. I’m confident there’s probably a shop within 1-2 hours of you that stocks them.
DM me with your location if you want help I have nothing better to do business is slow these days. Damn virus.

envy5000

disgruntled stormtrooper
Belligerents
Jan 4, 2014
Minneapolis
So I have a Havak Bravo. I was thinking of switching out the trigger but after a few whacks with the ole Eastwing and a 1/8 punch (left to right) it wont move and Ive nicked up the trigger pins. I didnt put the action in a vice.

Beyond this what am I doing wrong?

Going to a TriggerTech, manual says gently tap the pins out...

Thecelt

Private
Belligerents
Mar 14, 2012
New York
What is the overall verdict on this rifle? It sounds like its hit or miss and thats not encouraging as I was considering it on my short list.

Georgedubya

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2018
Westchester County, NY
I bought one on a whim in 300 win mag and it is a real shooter. Approaching half moa. I am a fan, but simply don’t shoot mine enough because I have so many 300s!

JMS904

Noob
Hessian
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2019
Florida/Utah
What is the overall verdict on this rifle? It sounds like its hit or miss and thats not encouraging as I was considering it on my short list.
I get it... earlier there were some people saying they’ve had some issues. This was mostly during the PH1 stage.
Lately it’s considerably less... we are now into the PH2 variant of the rifle new for this year.
I love my Seekins 6.5CM
I’ve ever had an issue with it. I always get questions at the range and people who are interested. I’m in the process of purchasing yet another and I’m buying with confidence.
I realize when a company tries something new (even if they are renowned for something else that’s in the same wheelhouse) there may be some issues but they’ve been able to fix these issues and to me that says more about them and their product then most else.
I reiterate, I haven’t had any issues and I’m loving them.

Reactions: Thecelt

adluginb

#1 dad
Belligerents
Jan 28, 2010
Oklahoma
I have two, one in 6.5cm and also a .300 wm and both shoot well under moa with factory ammo.

DROWN

Guns, Guitars, Maps,
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2019
NOVA
I have a Havak Bravo in 6.5 PRC on its way. Hope it will be a shooter.

Gobears16

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2018
Walnut Creek, Ca
you’ve got to take the bad reports with a grain of salt. Most people are quick to comment if they had a bad experience but don’t always comment if they’ve good experiences... I know for myself I’ve had nothing but positives with my PH1 6CM rifle. I just got off the phone with them today about changing my bolt head and getting a new barrel in 6.5 PRC. I was on the phone for 20 minutes and discussed all the options. I thought it was a great deal. $500 for chamber and threaded barrel and $100 for new bolt head. So for $600 and new mags I’ll have a “new” rifle. I’ll still have my old barrel (only 400 down the tube) and the 6.5prc.... I doubt you can piece together a rifle with their components for cheaper. Plus you have a lifetime transferable warranty. Feels like zero risk if you’re on the fence.

Reactions: JMS904 and Thecelt

adluginb

#1 dad
Belligerents
Jan 28, 2010
Oklahoma
I’ve shot a box of Hornady Outfitter 180gr Gmx that shoots between 1/2” - 3/4“ and also a box of Federal Fusion 165gr that shoots right at 3/4”. That’s the only ammo I’ve bought for the 300 so far.

My 6.5CM shoots Nosler 120gr and also 140gr BTs under 1/2” all day long. Haven’t even wanted to try anything else for it yet.

DJL2

Talon 6
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
I've been corresponding with them over the last few days to get things lined up for me. The only thing that surprised me was their long action being incompatible with the -06 family. I guess I might have realized that had I taken a look at the OAL it accommodates - it's a looooong long action. I'm debating between a 6 CM, 6.5 CM and 6.5 PRC at the moment.

Gobears16

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2018
Walnut Creek, Ca
Between those three options you’ll have to decide what your plan is to do with the rifle. To hunt open country out west for deer and elk the 6.5 PRC. If you plan to bang steel I’d go with 6CM. If you plan on steel and keep shots at big (elk, deer) game under 500yds I’d go with 6.5CM.... all three cartridges can kill animals and bang steel, some are better suited at than others at each.... that’s just my opinion. I’m sure people will have different opinions. Lots of ways to get it done haha