Rugged Radiant 762

Cheyenne Bodie

Demotivator
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
Whore Island
Set my sights on this as my next can. Wondering if anyone has put hands or eyes on them yet, or what you might speculate otherwise.

No minimum barrel length restrictions, full auto and belt-fed rated. Long or short configuration, .30 or .556 end caps available.

12.5oz, 7.5" full length, 1.5" diameter. Titanium and Stellite semi-modular construction.

Product Page: https://www.ruggedsuppressors.com/radiant762/
Silencershop: https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle/rugged-radiant-7-62.html

Standard config. 7.5"

Short config. 5.1"

Sound test @ 14:18 (not metered), dB data @ 11:11.
.308 20" Bolt, long config. - 133dB
.308 20" Bolt, short config. - 139dB
.300BLK 9" AR, long config. (Hornady Black subsonic) - 126dB
.300BLK 9" AR, short config. - Incomplete test

Last edited:
Reactions: manki77

Not_A_Llama

Private
Belligerents
Dec 24, 2011
Denver, CO
I like it a lot, and consider it maybe the most fantastic suppressor value proposition on the market today. Just barely heavier than the TBAC Ultra 5 (my other favorite), but full auto rated, and with the capability to go long and quiet.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie

manki77

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2017
Atlanta, Ga
I have both the razor and micro 30
Cans and could not be happier. Will be getting the radiant later this year

Gtscotty

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
I wish Rugged offered a version with universal mount end threading like the Vox/Nomad/Omega. The Radiant seems like a nice combination of lightweight and toughness, but being able to pick and choose your attachment method is almost a must have these days.

Cheyenne Bodie

Demotivator
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
Whore Island
Yea, the mounting options are kind of limited. For a SHTF situation commonality of parts is always a huge plus as well. They basically have the M2 snub nose brake, prong flash hider, and two or three chamber comp. I'm a huge fan of a standard AR style birdcage design specifically, but it's not really a common mount design.

The only reason I'm not going for a TBAC can is that I don't want a fully welded assembly, and the Radiant is around $250 less. TB cans are quantifiably among the top three for any respective caliber, and definitely worth the money. I'm kind of looking for a well performing beater, whereas the Ultra cans strike me as more high performance oriented.

Wulf

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2018
New hampshire
Haven't used one but handled one at a shop. Felt nice enough same quality I have seen on their other cans. I’ve been considering it for 300blk rifle. The warranty is pretty stealer for what I have been told.

Gtscotty

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
The warranty is pretty stealer for what I have been told.
I've heard good things about the warranty, also they answer their phone and emails. That's a big indicator for me, if a company can't get back to me on questions, there's no way I want to be locked into one of their cans forever. Rugged was good about answering questions I had before I bought my Obsidian, same with SiCo, Liberty, and TBAC, never had any trouble getting in touch with any of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wulf

Almonz

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2019
IA
I do not have any experience with the Radiant, but I do have a Razor. Rugged is a great company, always picked up the phone to answer my horribly simple questions. I recommend if you need to contact them you should call rather than email/use their online contact form. They take a day or two sometimes to get back over email.

Reactions: Gtscotty