Rifles only - Anyone looking to attend Precision Rifle 1&2?

Darkside-Six

My Dixie Wrecked
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2013
I’m planning on attending the one in March. Have been to a few classes before with them. Defiantly money well spent

kthomas

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Some of the best money you can spend in this sport. They focus on fundamentals more then most, makes for an excellent first precision rifle training course or refresher.

I did PR1&2 a few years ago. Made some life long friends that I still meet up with yearly for shooting (including one from the UK), and my shooting skills dramatically increased with the ability to diagnose and self improve as the years go on.

Do it.

backsideof45

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2018
I picked up a 1/2 off certificate for PR1&2 at a match here around Thanksgiving. Says its good til Nov 2020. Any of you guys want it send me a pm. I'd like to give it to someone who hasn't been. If you get it you have to use it. I'll find out if you try to sell it and I'll shame you off the internet! :sneaky: ;) Merry Christmas guys.

phlegethon

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2018
I’m considering signing up for March.

tsu45

Private
Belligerents
May 15, 2011
I picked up a 1/2 off certificate for PR1&2 at a match here around Thanksgiving. Says its good til Nov 2020. Any of you guys want it send me a pm. I'd like to give it to someone who hasn't been. If you get it you have to use it. I'll find out if you try to sell it and I'll shame you off the internet! :sneaky: ;) Merry Christmas guys.
Shoot I’ll give it a shot

want2learn

Private
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2013
backside.....very cool of you

Next black friday i'm definitely going to seek out their sale...sounds like great fun and a wonderful learning experience

Reactions: RS14

sharpdoug

Private
Belligerents
Jul 11, 2017
Sugar Land, Texas
Been to Jacobs 2 day private class, get in shape that mousetrap will get you! Fabulous facility and memorable training. You’re going to learn a lot, so many different positions to shoot from on that range.

117D-RTO

Shooter ready, standby...
Belligerents
Jul 2, 2010
Erie, Colorado
I’ll be there for PR 1&2 the first week in May, looking forward to it. I’ve done PR1 in TX and a 3 day competition prep with Jacob in CO, his training is legit.

Last edited:

Caterpillardoc

Private
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2013
I’m repeating the PR1 & PR2 class, it’s a great class. I was in Texas last March for the class, wanted to attend again this year and am bringing a friend this time.

Jacob really focuses on fundamentals and gives you time to work on the exercise of the day. He has a plan of what he wants to cover, however is flexible. You can shoot as much or little as you want.

phlegethon

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2018
I'm in for PR1/2 in early March. Looking forward to it.

phlegethon

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2018
For those who have done it before, what’s the schedule like? I’m wondering if I’m safe booking a flight arriving the night before and leaving the last day.

Caterpillardoc

Private
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2013
For those who have done it before, what’s the schedule like? I’m wondering if I’m safe booking a flight arriving the night before and leaving the last day.
[/QUOTE

I took the class last March. You probably would be ok depending on where you are flying to/from. I would make sure you plan for enough time to not miss anything.

The range is about 15 minutes outside of Kingsville. Friday was a short day, we shot a mini match and called it good early afternoon.

The class structure is pretty laid back. We will have enough time to run to town for lunch.

Looking forward to meeting you. I would prepare to dress for strong winds and cool temps and also warm weather.

clarkbe9980

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2019
I just got signed up for the middle of April. I've been wanting to take training there for years so I'm really excited! I hear great things about Rifles Only.