Removing picatinny rail problem

michiman

Private
Belligerents
Aug 14, 2017
i just realized that about an inch of my picatinny rail is hanging over the front action on my Sako trg 22. I was having a problem with eye relief since gettin my new scope mount so I decided to move it back about an inch. When I removed the screws I was unable to remove the rail. It’s as if it is fused to the action. I tried tapping lightly with a rubber mallet, but that didn’t work. I didn’t want to tap it too hard. Advice on how to remove it would be appreciated. Here are some pics.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Attachments

Nebulous

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2018
it looks like it might have pins but yeah add heat. You could simply place a clothing iron on the rail to heat it.

Fixr

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
it looks like it might have pins but yeah add heat. You could simply place a clothing iron on the rail to heat it.
^^^^^ Clothing iron is what I used, had to let it sit for a good while. OP it does have pins so it has to come straight up but if I recall correctly the hole spacing in the rail will not allow you to move it back, I could be wrong though I removed the rail to install a Spuhr mount so it didn't matter.

Reactions: Nebulous