QD Sling to belt mount for tripod

Pseudohero

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2018
When shooting off of a tripod, Anyone try to hook up a female QD sling attachment to their belt?

Advantages:
1. quicker hookup
2. one handed hook up.
3. not having to change my standard 2 qd sling to a hook on one side.

Disadvantages:
1. Might not support that much force with a straight out direction of pull.
2. Have to piecemeal it together with an mlock (or whatever) qd mount and a belt clip of some sort unless there is something on the market that I am not aware of.

sam4886

Double tap
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 15, 2019
Columbia basin
I'm sure you could bolt an mlok qd point onto any holster belt connection you want. Probably run you $20 in parts on amazon. I'd probably do the blade tech tech lock, but there are tons of options depending how fancy or fast you want it to be.

Last edited:

Pseudohero

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2018
I'm sure you could bolt an mlok qd point onto any holster belt connection you want. Probably run you $20 in parts on amazon. I'd probably do the blade tech tech lock, but there are tons of options depending how fancy or fast you want it to be.
Thanks. I think it is worth a try

aaron_presser

Private
Belligerents
Mar 19, 2012
Arkansas
I took a Magpul Class and the instructo, Caylin Wojick, had adapted one of their slingsmodified to hook onto his belt with a carabiner. Worked like a champ plus he had the quick adjust buckle to take up the slack. It was amazing how much more stable the setup was. He called it the "strap -on" and everyone laughed but it worked. He was trying to get them to market it, with a new name, but I don't think he works for them anymore.

aaron_presser

Private
Belligerents
Mar 19, 2012
Arkansas
I like the look of the setup of QD thingy but I would want the sling attached to the Tripod not the rifle so you dont mess with your natural point of aim