PRS No .260rem love

squib

Private
Belligerents
Mar 10, 2012
New York
Went to sign up for a regional PRS membership. Started to build my profile only to be greeted with no love.
_20200208_200556.jpeg
WTF

FisherT&C

just some guy
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2020
Montana
The .260 like the .243, feeds awesome and brass and data are in abundance. They'll do everything the CMs will do but not a lot of factory longrange ammo options. But thanks to the CMs 6.5 and 6mm bullets are abundant as well as fast barrels. One hand washes the other. The .260 and .243 just won't go mainstream for the long game. The marketing power behind the CMs is a force to be reckoned with.

Reactions: mtequip

mtequip

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2019
The .260 like the .243, feeds awesome and brass and data are in abundance. They'll do everything the CMs will do but not a lot of factory longrange ammo options. But thanks to the CMs 6.5 and 6mm bullets are abundant as well as fast barrels. One hand washes the other. The .260 and .243 just won't go mainstream for the long game. The marketing power behind the CMs is a force to be reckoned with.
If only Remington had spent the money and time pushing .260 the way Hornady did the CM’s.

mtequip

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2019
This is exactly what pushed me to the 6.5CR over the 260 when I switched from 308 5-6 years ago. Factory ammo was the big gig.
Too true. For me when I made the switch to 6.5 it was about familiarity with the case. Ive got the .308, 7mm-08 and .243. The other deciding factor was that I reload all I can anyway and I wanted that extra case capacity and speed I could get out of the .260. Personally for me I’d never switch from my 260 but if I did it’d be to shoot the new blackjack .25 bullets. The 6mm never blew my skirt up and I’m not afraid of recoil.

Reactions: Wulf and tnc

lte82

Shooter
Belligerents
Mar 12, 2013
Improved ballistics have zero positive effect on score if you’re giving up shot feedback. The reason I dropped the 6.5s for big matches is the top shooters are to the point of making micro adjustments shot to shot to keep their group not only on the plate but totally centered up. Nothing wrong with that 260, but it’s going to limit you somewhat in this game.

Reactions: kthomas

mtequip

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2019
Never felt like I was giving up shot feedback with my .260 and 130 Berger’s. I see all of it just fine be it barricade or in the prone. I’ve never felt limited but I definitely feel like I have the advantage on longer shots. The problem I see IMHO is that matches are changing to suit the 6mm crowd. In the last year seems like matches are getting shorter in distance with more barricade shooting to fit them.

Reactions: TJC and tnc

squib

Private
Belligerents
Mar 10, 2012
New York
Improved ballistics have zero positive effect on score if you’re giving up shot feedback. The reason I dropped the 6.5s for big matches is the top shooters are to the point of making micro adjustments shot to shot to keep their group not only on the plate but totally centered up. Nothing wrong with that 260, but it’s going to limit you somewhat in this game.

260 rem is the Rodney Dangerfield of the PRS world?
Should I request a refund?