Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

65x55guy

Maker of bad decisions
Hessian
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Arkansas
Those of you with a .223 conversion- are you utilizing a dedicated bolt, or changing heads out each time you shoot between .223 and .308 or Mag setup?

mountainman308

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Jul 20, 2012
WV, USA
I see that now. Makes me feel a little better. I was worried they released a double stack magazine or a new clamping system, or something else really cool that would be incompatible with the A2.

Surferjoe

Private
Belligerents
Jun 19, 2017
California
Those of you with a .223 conversion- are you utilizing a dedicated bolt, or changing heads out each time you shoot between .223 and .308 or Mag setup?
For myself I went ahead with a dedicated bolt for this setup, so I'm not having to change out heads at the range or wherever. I just simply swap a barrel &bolt and I'm good to go.

Reactions: 65x55guy

M289

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Europe
I ,sorry to say, am changing the heads out.
Whatever works best for you or the other guys.
Both ways work just fine, it’s all about personal preference.

I’m one of those guys that prefer to have a complete bolt ready. But I know I’m weird like that 😜

Reactions: cro789

DoctorBen

Private
Belligerents
Dec 7, 2011
Temporarily Stuck on Long Island
OK, As I prepare to buy the SRS A2... Spurh Mounts. I've loved them since I saw them. I'd like to run a 56mm objective. Any particular ring height from Spuhr I should use? I'll be shooting within a mile at most, I don't know if I'd benefit from the 30 mil of elevation.

pinhead

Unnecessary Overkill
Belligerents
Nov 30, 2013
Orchard Lake, MI
You need to pick something like the 4602 which has 1.5” height, and 20 MOA. Any less and it’ll be hard to get a good sight picture. The DT’s were designed around 1.5” high mount.

Personally I like the ARC M10 mounts better than Spuhr. You can find the ARC mounts for sale here on the PX around $250 or so.

M77

Private
Belligerents
Oct 17, 2012
Australia
OK, As I prepare to buy the SRS A2... Spurh Mounts. I've loved them since I saw them. I'd like to run a 56mm objective. Any particular ring height from Spuhr I should use? I'll be shooting within a mile at most, I don't know if I'd benefit from the 30 mil of elevation.
ive got a 4802 mount on my a1 ,
13mil/44moa

28.5 mils available from 100 yard zero Gen2 Razor 4.5-27x56

on my a1 rail i cant fit a front flip cap but on your a2 that wont be an issue

ChadL

Learning.
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 16, 2017
Lincoln, NE
Welp, bit the bullet and did it. SRS A2 with a DT optic mount (20MOA) in 6.5 Creedmoor. 400rds of DTA to start.
Now for the optic, tripod, LRF, and Kestrel...
Think I'm gonna pick up a few shifts.
Welcome to the rabbit hole :)

in all seriousness..congrats....DTs are a wonderful platform.

12B.Ryan

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2019
Of course they release the M2 right after I buy the A2
Don't feel too bad. Desert Tech doesn't have plans at this time to release the SRS-M2 for sale to the civilian market. Currently it looks like it's a MIL/LE only rife. And the handguard isn't compatible with the SRS-A2. Other and the top rail and 40 MOA built into the rail it is a SRS-A2.

Reactions: mountainman308

culater

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 18, 2012
Any of you guys using MDT CKYE POD bipod. Just saw one today and I'm interested in getting it. But like to know which rail system you prefer? Pictures would be helpful

Reactions: Blazin

srt-4_uk

Private
Belligerents
Aug 6, 2011
Nebraska
I use the picitinny. The way it attaches, it's actually faster to move around than the arca mount. It does have more play than the arca mount though.

supratt96

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 22, 2010
New Jersey, USA
I use the picitinny. The way it attaches, it's actually faster to move around than the arca mount. It does have more play than the arca mount though.
I'm also using one with a Picatinny rail. No play on mine. I replaced the DT factory rail with a billet aluminum unit from Primal rights. It's a tad wider than the factory rail and fits snug to the bipod mount.

M77

Private
Belligerents
Oct 17, 2012
Australia
It's lighter then the A1 , has some material removed around the action , a better clamping system for the barrels supposedly.

Mlok hand guard which doesn't require special castle nut like the A1 handguard.

Fluted bolts and barrel shank

New trigger - not as adjustable as A1

Mono pod not included

Pic rail is only on the action

Conversion kits interchangeable

SRPowah

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Peoria, IL
The A2 question I will ask is one I asked shortly after its release...

Now that some have more trigger time behind the A2, do you feel the weight savings and handguard QoL changes make it a worthy upgrade over the A1? Or just a better system for those getting into the platform? I love my A1 as it is, but who wouldnt love losing 1-2 lbs from their rifle.

Edit: Im going back to school this fall so I won't be upgrading anytime soon. lol Maybe barrels, but definitely not chassis.

Last edited: