New Meopta Scope - Optika6

SCGunner84

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2018
I got my hands on a 3-18x56 Rd 1 mrad today. I was extremely impressed (I have no experience with quality optics though so take that with a grain of salt)

-This optic is a chunk, but not in a bad way in my opinion. It felt very "premium".
-Turrets felt just about right to me and I did not notice any slop at all. All markings lined up perfectly.
- very nice reticle that was actually visible at 3x yet nice and precise at 18x.
-Glass looked phenomenal to my eyes.....
-Rubberized rings on controls felt better than I expected

All in all I was very impressed. I recently got to play with a brand new PST II and I was kind of dissapointed. I feel like you get a lot of scope for the money with the Optika 6.
I still don't know if I'm going to end up with the Optika or an MPO, but I'm starting to lean towards the Optika...
Where did you find one? I’ve been looking for a 3-18 Mrad for almost a month now.

Gohring65

Double Reverse Counter-Troll & Fry Cook
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Zanesville Ohio
I read bigJimfish’s review and my 4.5-27x mrad doesn’t have the play in the turret. I wonder if meopta fixed this problem. This scope is brand new not even mounted yet. I just got it this morning.
Really nice optic, I’m glad I chose it.

SCGunner84

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2018
@SCGunner84
It was at Kenzie's optics just north of Acworth, GA. They had 2 of the 3-18x56mm MRAD 1 RD with the capped windage.
https://www.kenziesoptics.com/product/meopta-optika6-3-18x56-ffp-mrad-rd-riflescope/

For some reason they don't have the price on the side but I think they said $750 (whatever they are everywhere else). BUT they are offering 10% off your first scope purchase!
Thanks for the info! However when I go to their site there’s no add to cart option 🤷🏼‍♂️🤔. I definitely would like to pick one up, might have to give them a call tomorrow.

Reactions: wb00757

A-Rob

Private
Belligerents
May 2, 2017
Lake City, FL
I finally went and ordered a 3-18 MRAD-1. The 15% off code made it a no-brainer for me. It's going one of my AR's that has been scopeless for too long. I'm looking forward to testing it out.

Michael94

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2020
I'm in Canada, and the only retailer carrying Meopta, have them on special order. I'm a little hesitant to buy an optic unseen and with such few reviews on it. Does anyone have any experience with any of the 1-6 models yet?

DacianMH

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
i’ll be curious to see what the consensous on this is....
I have one, mine is the 3-18x50 FFP Dichrotech 4D. It’s very smooth and the image is excellent. But if you damage anything like the windage turret like I did because I have a custom Remington 700 that ejects up into the windage turret and you need to replace it then tough luck. Their customer service is unreachable. If you call you’re promoted to leave a message and I’ve emailed them and got nothing back as of yet. I think customer service should be part of the package but maybe they’re trying it work out the kinks in the US based facility. Still waiting Meopta!

A-Rob

Private
Belligerents
May 2, 2017
Lake City, FL
I have one, mine is the 3-18x50 FFP Dichrotech 4D. It’s very smooth and the image is excellent. But if you damage anything like the windage turret like I did because I have a custom Remington 700 that ejects up into the windage turret and you need to replace it then tough luck. Their customer service is unreachable. If you call you’re promoted to leave a message and I’ve emailed them and got nothing back as of yet. I think customer service should be part of the package but maybe they’re trying it work out the kinks in the US based facility. Still waiting Meopta!
That's not very confidence inspiring. I've been spoiled by Vortex and Athlon CS.

Gohring65

Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Zanesville Ohio
Hopefully the reps on here see this. I bought the 4.5-27 mrad. I bought it thinking I would be taken care of regarding any issues. I want to see how this plays out.,

Reactions: wb00757 and A-Rob

DacianMH

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
Hopefully the reps on here see this. I bought the 4.5-27 mrad. I bought it thinking I would be taken care of regarding any issues. I want to see how this plays out.,
I got a hold of someone today and he helped me out. Said he’d do it as a warranty replacement at no cost. But I have to wait for the turret to come from the Czech Republic so possibly one week wait he quoted. I’m very pleased because I really love this scope. I’ve owned a lot of scopes in this price range and this so far has been the best one in this class. Glass is very clear and parallax, zoom range, and focus eyepiece turn effortlessly and smooth. The turrets are easy to reset and although I wasn’t a huge fan of the aggressive styling and chunky elevation knob it’s really grown on me. Dichrotech looks very promising and I haven’t really gotten to test out all the different backgrounds to see the reticle color change yet but so far I like this scope a lot.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gohring65

Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Zanesville Ohio
I got a hold of someone today and he helped me out. Said he’d do it as a warranty replacement at no cost. But I have to wait for the turret to come from the Czech Republic so possibly one week wait he quoted. I’m very pleased because I really love this scope. I’ve owned a lot of scopes in this price range and this so far has been the best one in this class. Glass is very clear and parallax, zoom range, and focus eyepiece turn effortlessly and smooth. The turrets are easy to reset and although I wasn’t a huge fan of the aggressive styling and chunky elevation knob it’s really grown on me. Dichrotech looks very promising and I haven’t really gotten to test out all the different backgrounds to see the reticle color change yet but so far I like this scope a lot.
That’s great! I had a feeling it may have been a back log problem from shot week last week. Had me worried for second though.

DacianMH

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
That’s great! I had a feeling it may have been a back log problem from shot week last week. Had me worried for second though.
That's not very confidence inspiring. I've been spoiled by Vortex and Athlon CS.
I like the Vortex scopes alot, I have owned a Razor Light Hunter and several PST Vipers Gen1’s in the past but I never kept them long. Not for any particular reason I just didn’t hold on to them...I can say the same about most of my Leupolds too. I don’t have any experience with the Athlons but alot of people are saying that they’re gtg! I’ll pretty much do anything NOT Chinese made. I mostly do Japanese ED glass and up from there. The Meopta is my first European scope but I don’t know where they’re sourcing their glass. I just bought a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 through Redhawk rifles as a Demo unit but don’t let that fool you, everyone is saying they’re pretty much just open box units with no handling marks of my kind for 30% to 40% off! So I’m excited about that.

Reactions: Gohring65

DacianMH

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
Has anyone tried the 1-6 yet? What’s the verdict on it vs the comparable viper 1-6?
I actually have their Meopta Optika6 1-6x24 Illuminated K-Dot2 30mm FFP Riflescope.
I think it’s a better optic overall in terms of mechanical feel. But I only had a Gen 1 PST Viper 1-6. The eye box is slightly better on the Optika6 too. But I’m sure it’s not quite apples to apples because the G1 Viper is much older. I bet the Gen II are much more improved I would imagine.

cypriss32

L337
Belligerents
Aug 27, 2004
Fresno, Ca
I actually have their Meopta Optika6 1-6x24 Illuminated K-Dot2 30mm FFP Riflescope.
I think it’s a better optic overall in terms of mechanical feel. But I only had a Gen 1 PST Viper 1-6. The eye box is slightly better on the Optika6 too. But I’m sure it’s not quite apples to apples because the G1 Viper is much older. I bet the Gen II are much more improved I would imagine.
I thought the Gen 1 vipers were all 1-4x and the Gen2 vipers are 1-6?

Shannon Kincaid

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2018
Fairfax Oklahoma
If you don't mind having non-locking windage I'd say it's pretty hard to beat for the price. The glass is just so nice to look through. And so far the elevation turret has been dead on and repeatable for me
Same here.....I have been really rough on mine.....going into log barricades and pipe fences as a rookie hasn't been kind but always holds