NEW From Zermatt Arms - RimX Actions

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Nov 19, 2013
Nope. You're still not getting it. And I'm not going to cater to you because you're too lazy to read the thread.
Maybe you could enlighten all of us as to what your issue is instead of being so confrontational...

Codiekfx400

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
@padom Do you mind me asking who is chambering and fitting the rimX barrel for you? I recently picked up a mullerworks rim fire blank and need a good Smith to chamber and fit the barrel.

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
Looks like that stock was specifically cut for the action. So not really able to tell how compatible it is. From looking at this photo it looks like the bolt handle cut is at an angle so guessing it's going to be a pitd for many stocks and chassis.
View attachment 7241001
I just looked at my MDT LSS-XL gen2 chassis and it has a chamfer on the aft side to accommodate the swept back bolt. Anybody have any photos of the bolt face area.? That sounded interesting! Let me ask this. I have a Vudoo and
I have had what can only be described as phenomenal customer support from Mike, Jill and Paul to name a few.
It is in fact the best support I get for any of my guns! IE: Walther, HW, FWB, Anschutz etc. What CS does RimX offer?
btw.... she looks like a very nice piece of iron.

Codiekfx400

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
The customer service with Zermatt is top notch. If you have a question Zermatt gets it answered quickly.

Reactions: Jeeper48

Rangerbob33

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Nebraska
Zermatt / Big Horn have always gone way above and beyond what you would expect, Ray it great to deal with.

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I just got my Shilen select match ratchet rifled barrel. Heavy Palma. It measures .955" at 20" from most likely breech face. Still haven't heard anything about the Proof Prefit. Let's go Zermatt! Ready to chamber a RimX

Reactions: littlepod

MachoMan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
I love that there is literally one 5 shot group posted anywhere and the immediate response is “it won’t shoot, I’ll keep old Bessy here, she’s tried and true!”
Looking through other post has anyone seen extreme small groups out of a VuDoo? I haven’t

Reactions: reubenski

Redfisher60

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Colorado
This is probably somewhat of a touchy subject, but do we think/know if the Rim-X will function with Vudoo mags? I have a Vudoo, and I have a Rim-X on order. The Rim-X mags are listed on Bison Tactical for $125, love to be able to use my Vudoo mags.

MachoMan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
I just got my Shilen select match ratchet rifled barrel. Heavy Palma. It measures .955" at 20" from most likely breech face. Still haven't heard anything about the Proof Prefit. Let's go Zermatt! Ready to chamber a RimX
Ok what specs on a barrel do i need to
Get ordered so I’m ready to set this thing up for this action

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Ok what specs on a barrel do i need to
Get ordered so I’m ready to set this thing up for this action
Kinda depends what your preference of barrel contour is. Start out with a 1.2" shank. The Bartlein, Shilen, and very likely the Krieger would all be good barrels. I saw som Krieger Rem Varmint's for sale at Bruno's a couple of weeks ago. That would probably be right around the Kukri contour. I would like to use the V22 reamer, or Padom's. My GS suggested the Eley EPS reamer bc that's what he's used to. I have 0 desire to shoot Eley ammo but I'm sure it could work for other brands too. I'm probably going to do a 20" for weight and a quieter un-suppressed muzzle blast. Thought about possibly doing 22". Lots of folks go short with the idea of shorter dwell time and for the positional game that might very well be the right answer. IDK.

Baracuda22

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2020
LOTHAR WALTHER Also offer Zermatt Arms RIMX Prefit.What do you think of LW Barrel JGS match chamber?

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
LOTHAR WALTHER Also offer Zermatt Arms RIMX Prefit.What do you think of LW Barrel JGS match chamber?
Oh, that's cool. No idea how consistently their barrels shoot from customer to customer. Might be worth a try. I also ordered a Proof Prefit figuring it would take a while to get this Shilen. I'll probably let it go.

Baracuda22

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2020
Oh, that's cool. No idea how consistently their barrels shoot from customer to customer. Might be worth a try. I also ordered a Proof Prefit figuring it would take a while to get this Shilen. I'll probably let it go.
Thank Sir!

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
I dont know. I'll be interested to see how these prefits compare to custom fit and chambered barrels. 22lr is a different animal then centerfire.

What are these prefits headspacing too? The headspace will dictate the ammo (rim thickness) it prefers. Almost all the prefits I've seen have Bentz chambers which isn't the choice for a custom 22lr trying to squeeze the most accuracy out of it....idk time will tell

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
On a centerfire I agree. But on a rimfire....I prefer mine to be set exactly what I spec it based off the ammo I shoot.
Ya, I didn't say that clearly. That was my concern. Getting varying headspace on a rimfire when we're particular on reamers that are cut to headspace for .41 but not .42. Not a concern on CF is what I meant

Reactions: padom

goosed

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2014
MN
The 'JGS match 22' is essentially a little tighter version of the Bentz. It should be a good pre-fit chamber choice.

I believe @natdscott played with this reamer a while back... maybe still is?

wjm308

Send it!
Belligerents
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
A few out there but I dont know of any videos. Talking to the guys over @ Bighorn this week, bolt heads just went out for heat treat and coating..hopefully the end of the month will have one in hand to review
Now you have me interested in this. Are you starting a new thread once you get the rig setup, I'd like to follow your process.

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
This is probably somewhat of a touchy subject, but do we think/know if the Rim-X will function with Vudoo mags? I have a Vudoo, and I have a Rim-X on order. The Rim-X mags are listed on Bison Tactical for $125, love to be able to use my Vudoo mags.
I visually compared my Vudoo mag with a Zermatt mag and they wont be interchangeable. I even considered altering a Vudoo mag with some machining and that doesn't look feasible.
In another thread I had mention something about how Zermatt could have made a cost effective polymer magazine and okran chimed in about how cheap plastic is and how it wears out quickly too. As politely as I could muster, I posted some data to show him that he was out of his mind. It's my feeling that 125.00 is too much for a magazine.
I have seen plenty of people that don't like to pay 100.00 for a Anschutz mag.
I know I don't like it and that Is why I only have two of them. Before someone say's that I'm just to cheap, I would like to point out that I have 16 Kriss DMK mags, 19 Vudoo mags and plenty of other magazines as well.
When Zermatt comes out with a more reasonable poly mag, I will be happy to buy an action.

As a side bar: I was loaned an Anschutz extended mag release and they are a very nice option. I ordered two today. The release is easy to get to and the mag drops free.
Thank you Tim, It is much appreciated.

Shawn

Attachments

Last edited:

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
I'm going to get me a RimX, a Vudoo, maybe two and a Deuce this year. I wish I could win something or get a huge discount or even get something for free.
Given that the Deuce uses the Vudoo magazines, I may get that before the RimX

MachoMan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Well .500 at 50 yards is not it ! Maybe u can enlighten me on this as from my enternet research i see the same size groups from the Bergara 22 at 1/3 the cost. I’m ok with it if anyone wants the best heck i do but I’m just trying to understand is it worth it or is it just most people have never shot a accurate 22.

Reactions: 47guy

goosed

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2014
MN
Well .500 at 50 yards is not it ! Maybe u can enlighten me on this as from my enternet research i see the same size groups from the Bergara 22 at 1/3 the cost. I’m ok with it if anyone wants the best heck i do but I’m just trying to understand is it worth it or is it just most people have never shot a accurate 22.
Have you looked at the 6x5 thread?

Reactions: Cuzz

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
Is the B14R really 1/3 the cost?? A friend of mine has a B14R and the trigger sucked. So lets assume the
trigger will be the same in the Bergara and V22. Call it a Bix & Andy Tac sport for this exercise.

delfuego

Belieber
Belligerents
Aug 21, 2011
PHX AZ
When Zermatt comes out with a more reasonable poly mag, I will be happy to buy an action.
Let them do what they do. If you don't want one, don't buy one. Complaining here about un-released products is dumb. The people at Zermatt have a plan, lets see it through. I personally never though I would own more that 1-2 AICS mags when I got into this hobby, now I have a box full. Add BR kits and extensions to that and I have a lot of expensive magazines. By my math, you have over $600 dollars in vudoo mags but are complaining that these magazines are too expensive :rolleyes:

I have seen plenty of people that don't like to pay 100.00 for a Anschutz mag.
I agree with this; however, Anschutz magazine are expensive and not very good. They are cheap metal, not very durable and dont feed that well. I personally, modify wisner savage mags ($20) and they work well enough for me. I am a cheap-ass and am willing to live with them at a 5-1 cost ratio.

Reactions: goosed

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
Let them do what they do. If you don't want one, don't buy one. Complaining here about un-released products is dumb. The people at Zermatt have a plan, lets see it through. I personally never though I would own more that 1-2 AICS mags when I got into this hobby, now I have a box full. Add BR kits and extensions to that and I have a lot of expensive magazines. By my math, you have over $600 dollars in vudoo mags but are complaining that these magazines are too expensive :rolleyes:

I agree with this; however, Anschutz magazine are expensive and not very good. They are cheap metal, not very durable and dont feed that well. I personally, modify wisner savage mags ($20) and they work well enough for me. I am a cheap-ass and am willing to live with them at a 5-1 cost ratio.
Delfuego....

I was trying to convey that the Zermatt magazines cost too much per unit. At 45.00 a mag times 19 mags, I do have 855.00 in V22 mags. Ur math aint dat good. The keen observer may note that I don't have any Vudoo metal magazines at 85.00 each either.
I did not say the Zermatt guns or mags were not good quality. Nor did I say they were good !! I have no personal experience with them so for now, I'm keeping my big dumb mouth shut.
I did say that it is my FEELING that 125.00 per mag is too much. I also understand that that is only my opinion...... Hell, I'm not even complaining. I am voicing my position on the Zermatt products and that is what this thread is about.

Thanks for giving me your permission to: buy or don't, buy. I have been paralyzed without your express approval.
I do however appreciate the information about the " wisner savage mags " I will order one and see how it pans out or is too geto for my liking.

Regards
Shawn Carroll

Attachments

Reactions: Kisssofdeath