KRG Bravo

DMP

Mike
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2018
Northern Utah
KRG advises using only a varmint contour in the Bravo. Has anyone put a M24 barrel in one? Any problems?

LeftyJason

Thumbnail-les
Belligerents
Mar 8, 2017
Kaysville Utah
I think it'll take a 1.25. The problem from what I've heard is that the balance goes too far forward.

Copied from Bravo page.
Barrel contours accepted: 1.25" for 4" in front of action face, then 1.20" straight to end of forend. A 1.25" straight cylinder barrel will fit but we feel that the clearance is too minimal. We recommend using no larger than a varmint contour to keep proper balance.

MinnesotaMulisha

They call me "Baby Ruth."
Belligerents
Jul 30, 2013
Wyoming, MN
I had an MTU barrel in my bravo, and yes, it was front heavy.

I didn't keep it long and sold it to replace it with an ACC

JC0352

Private
Belligerents
Jul 14, 2011
Louisiana
Which Varmint contour are they referring? Heavy Varmint?

For reference, I’ve got a Bartlein 24” Remington Varmint with plenty room. Barrel isn’t heavy enough to balance on a game changer.

Northernjets

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 5, 2017
Alberta
I think it'll take a 1.25. The problem from what I've heard is that the balance goes too far forward.

Copied from Bravo page.
Barrel contours accepted: 1.25" for 4" in front of action face, then 1.20" straight to end of forend. A 1.25" straight cylinder barrel will fit but we feel that the clearance is too minimal. We recommend using no larger than a varmint contour to keep proper balance.
Pretty much this. I have a 26" Savage prefit barrel that's a straight taper down to .840" at the muzzle. Balance point is about mid point of the second M-lok slot from the baricade stop. My former Tikkas, 24" factory varmint balanced at the baricade stop and the 20" CTR was a bit rear heavy, balancing right in from of the mag. This is all with a spigot and Atlas CAL/PSR on the front. As pointed out by Lefty as well, KRG offers weighted accessories now to balance out the rifle as required.

chevy_man

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2019
My plan was bags of lead shot in the back to offset a MTU profile.

Looks like I can stuff some behind the butt, some in where the bag rider covers, and some in the grip. Should be able to get a few lbs to offset an 8lb barrel.

7mmMato

Private
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2019
Ive got a MTU contour on mine. I stuffed about 2 lbs of lead shot in the back end. It now balances pretty well though it is a heavy bitch now.

SonicBurlap

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2018
Decided to go with the Proof Research carbon fiber Sendero instead of the steel M24, saving exactly 3 lbs. off the front end.

Bear9350

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2019
I have an MTU profile right now. It balances pretty well. Next will be a M24 and trying to find places to stuff as much weight to increase weight and still balance.