Keystone Accuracy Barrel Sale

2010Ruger

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2019
That’s a great deal! I’d previously read somewhere that they put a hold on origin shouldered prefits, any word on if they started doing them again?

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
I wished they would offer shouldered Tikka prefits. I would buy a couple. They are holding out for some reason. I called several months ago and asked about it and was told it is a tolerance issue because of a mass produced action. 😂 It didn’t seem to matter that many others are offering them and have been.

I’m sure they have their reasons.

Reactions: padom

b6graham

MMPRL
Belligerents
Jul 29, 2014
I wished they would offer shouldered Tikka prefits. I would buy a couple. They are holding out for some reason. I called several months ago and asked about it and was told it is a tolerance issue because of a mass produced action. 😂 It didn’t seem to matter that many others are offering them and have been.

I’m sure they have their reasons.
He had issues with origins. John is very particular. And that's not a bad thing.

But if he had 100 T3X in front of him to measure maybe that would change but that's probably not his thing

Reactions: wade2big

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Send your Tikka in and get as many sale barrels as you want to put on the shelf..then your action will be measured and on file for all future prefits you want. Not that hard
I don’t like to send my actions. This is the reason I like prefits. You are correct that if I do it once i could use the barrels across any of my Tikka actions and will have a second source besides PVA for high quality barrels. I may do it this time.

I may even do it with my Sako TRG. PVA is the only guys doing shouldered prefits for these guys as well.

b6graham

MMPRL
Belligerents
Jul 29, 2014
Some of it is expense too. And machine time loss. How many people are buying 3-5 barrels a year shooting a tikka versus a Zermatt or Impact or ARC

While yeah there are people getting them for tikka especially with the new 'medium's length saum/sherman/prc length cartridges. Its nothing compared to the custom actions

Reactions: Lunchbox27

pyplynr

Belligerents
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Is this anywhere on their site yet? I can’t find anything. Or is it a call in thing only?

Millron

Private
Belligerents
Sep 15, 2014
West Virginia
Who makes their button blanks and does anyone have experience with them?
His button barrels are green mountain blanks. He turns them to whatever contour you want. I have one and it shoots very well. Thru a borescope it looks good, not Krieger or Bartlein good but much better than most factory barrels. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if i needed to save some $$ on a project.

Reactions: Kbh

bgavin

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2018
AL
Perfect timing.

I was thinking about trying 6br and my friends 6.5 barrel is about shot out.

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
I emailed late last night asking about Tikka prefits and received a very lengthy detailed response from John at 6:30am this morning.

TxWelder35

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
DFW
Do these prefits include chambering in that sale price?

TxWelder35

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
DFW
I never heard of a unchambered prefit....that would be a blank....of course it does
wasn’t sure. I havent had to buy a barrel before but my 260 is just about burned out. I wasn’t sure if that only included threading the barrel for the action and contour cutting.

Carlos Danger

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2019
When? That doesn't sound right. The barrel sale is pretty clear
Sent him an email last week. Gave the specs of what I was looking for and wasn't sure of the terms of the sale as I couldnt locate this thread again. Told me, yes, I can make that. Said, OK, what costs am I looking at. No answer.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
Sent him an email last week. Gave the specs of what I was looking for and wasn't sure of the terms of the sale as I couldnt locate this thread again. Told me, yes, I can make that. Said, OK, what costs am I looking at. No answer.
Did you call them? Or email them again? Maybe he didn't get it. That's what I would have done

spife7980

Luchador
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Central TX
Must resist 22 Creedmoor...
Only 6.5 or 7 twists for a 22 cal. I would have gotten another 22creed or a 22br barrel by now if it were an 8 twist to help keep the rpms below 300k. .

And only 7.5 twist in the 6mm, I would have gotten myself a dasher if it were a 7 twist.

Wish they twists-cals were reversed.

Pondering getting a 6.5 creed remage and forgoing the 6xc it would be replacing.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Only 6.5 or 7 twists for a 22 cal. I would have gotten another 22creed or a 22br barrel by now if it were an 8 twist to help keep the rpms below 300k. .

And only 7.5 twist in the 6mm, I would have gotten myself a dasher if it were a 7 twist.

Wish they twists-cals were reversed.

Pondering getting a 6.5 creed remage and forgoing the 6xc it would be replacing.
I'm gonna make this real easy for you. They will include 22cal 8 twist GM or Kreiger in this sale. Call Keystone.

They will include 7 twist 6mm Kreiger in this sale. Faster 6mm GM has is 7.5 twist if you want button. Call them.

How's that?

jsimonh

Belligerents
Feb 4, 2011
Altus, Oklahoma
Ordered me a 223 .115 freebore M24 for my TL3. Been wanting to build a 223 for a while to match my 6 Dasher and couldn't resist any longer. Hope the 75gr ELD-Ms work well with the 7 twist, wanting to shoot fairly cheap reloads to get some serious rounds down range instead of burning Bergers and barrel life on my Dasher!

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Ordered me a 223 .115 freebore M24 for my TL3. Been wanting to build a 223 for a while to match my 6 Dasher and couldn't resist any longer. Hope the 75gr ELD-Ms work well with the 7 twist, wanting to shoot fairly cheap reloads to get some serious rounds down range instead of burning Bergers and barrel life on my Dasher!
.223 wylde 7wist is optimal for 75 eld. I've been shooting a bunch of Keystone 7 twist Krieger 223 wilde with 75 Eld. .115 freebore is gonna be for much longer heavier bullets