Impact 737 Action Wrench

D46Infinity

Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Las Vegas NV
Might be a dumb question but I've been waiting on impact to get their action wrench in stock for a while but no luck.

Is there any other action wrench that will work on an impact?

Thanks

Ksracer

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Pretty much any 2 lug REM 700 or Savage wrench will fit. OTM has one for around $50

Bugzlife19

Private
Belligerents
Feb 28, 2017
Tate told me to use a Defiance wrench as it was the closest. This was before he was offering a wrench

The_Count

I always wanted a title!
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2012
Pretty much any 2 lug REM 700 or Savage wrench will fit. OTM has one for around $50
Sir, Please confirm weather you know this from experience. I ask, because the bighorn works on Remingtons, but not on the Impact (per the above).

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 2, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
Not all 700 wrenches will work.
The wrench must be cut to fit an action with TWO guide rails, the Remington only has ONE.

Defiance wrench will 100% work.C20293F5-A1C8-425D-A718-0186AFA247ED.jpeg

Hoyt7mm

Bow Shooter
Belligerents
Apr 6, 2017
West Bend, Wisconsin
Agreed with above ^
I talked with OTM this week just to make sure their action wrench would work with Impacts. They confirmed it would, so now I've got one on the way (plus $40 is a hell of a price on an action wrench)

Ericsl2

No longer private!
Belligerents
Feb 18, 2017
Albuquerque, nm
I've used the otm recently on a bighorn origin, tl3, and an impact. Works fine for all of them. I did have to remove the mechanical ejector from the Bighorns to get the wrench in. I'm not very experienced in swapping any barrels other than prefits with barrel nuts, so I'm guessing the ejector removal is always necessary.

Ksracer

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Sir, Please confirm weather you know this from experience. I ask, because the bighorn works on Remingtons, but not on the Impact (per the above).
Sorry, just saw this. Yes, I've used the OTM wrench on an Impact, it fits fine, as well as my Surgeon side entry. I know the Impact has two guide rails, I've just never run across a wrench that was a close enough fit to the raceways to actually interfere with them. Apparently the Defiance (which is cut for two anyway), and a Bighorn are. My bad, sorry for the incorrect info.

The_Count

I always wanted a title!
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2012
Sorry, just saw this. Yes, I've used the OTM wrench on an Impact, it fits fine, as well as my Surgeon side entry. I know the Impact has two guide rails, I've just never run across a wrench that was a close enough fit to the raceways to actually interfere with them. Apparently the Defiance (which is cut for two anyway), and a Bighorn are. My bad, sorry for the incorrect info.
Thank you!