I keep hearing chatter about something happening 9/23...

Culpeper

"Goodbye, Rutten"
Belligerents
Nov 25, 2006
Roswell NM
This guy is such a waste of fucking air. He's been nothing but a self richeous dildo that's done fuck all from the get go but sit on his little chair and basically proclaim edicts as to what people should be doing, because reasons. If it was up to him we'd have global communism and each of us would have a family of fucking somalis living in our house.

And I'm Catholic.

And I'm Catholic too. The Vatican is nothing more than the remnants of the Roman Empire. Half the time the clergy have no fucking clue. It is no different than New York City. "Your world according to us." Nevertheless, I still go to Father Charlie's Magic Show every week. :) I let him know when he gets out of his lane.

Last edited:

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
He aint shit to the last one, John Paul. That was a man among men. I may not have agreed with all he said, but he had the balls to stand for something.

John Paul would punch Francis in the dick for being a commie.....

John Paul probably gave Gan Ganowicz two Hail Marys and an "Atta boy!" after confession when he heard he made this quote........

“[When asked how it felt to take human life]

"I wouldn't know, I've only killed communists.”
― Rafał Gan-Ganowicz

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot

MtnCreek

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 6, 2012
Benedict the something-or-another was pope before Peter Puffer I (current pope).

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Benedict the something-or-another was pope before Peter Puffer I (current pope).

Yep he is still kicking around at 92.

One of the few Pape's to actually abdicate his thrown.

Guessing he didnt go willingly.

His Hitler Jugend trained self probably didnt agree with the commie leaning path his flock is bent on.

10000yards

Scammer / Banned
Banned !
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 9, 2019
Tang

And yes, something is going to happen on the 23rd.. It'll be my first day working as a civilian! No more military or cop shenanigans me!
Congrats!!! that's really great but we are talking about something apocalyptic and global not about your bowel movement.

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911

10000yards

Scammer / Banned
Banned !
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 9, 2019
Technically, my job will include being prepared for apocalyptic events so.... there's that 😘
Do you have any idea what the pope is gapping about, you see i have to win this million $ bet. i will cut you something something if you can give me some tips.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
You're the only person I know that goes in for quarterly prostate exams.

She was like you just had a colonoscopy so I see no need to check your prostate and I was like....

"The hell you say! I can take it! Ziiiiiiiip!"

Bet your doctor checks yours with his KAC............

DisplacedTexan

Ornery Tech Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 13, 2014
Hill AFB, UT
Being that the 23rd is the first day of fall, I hope it means cooler temperatures.
I'll take that if I can get it.
Now if I could get the start of an ice age instead, we'll that would be even better.
Why do people like cold weather/hate warm weather?

If it's under 65, I'm staying in the fucking house.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Not even on the schedule for YEARS.

lol old people

First time I was ever put to sleep.

You think to yourself.............."Im going to fight this drug and see how long I can stay awake".

Next thing you know you wake up in recovery with three or four other people all farting.

Just another fact of human existence that separates us from the lesser animals.

Reactions: TACC

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA

Heat is merely uncomfortable. You can always find some shade, slow down, hydrate and try to manage the discomfort.

Cold hurts.

Had an engineer complain to me on a construction site because his trailer had no AC, late August.

I said "Neeraj," He is Indian with zero percent extra fat on his frame. I said "Neeraj, dont complain about this. You will wish for this heat in December".

Id spent the past winter loading/logging trucks with hazardous waste the previous winter and I knew at 0500 when we started it was often cold.

On a particularly cold January morning I asked young Neeraj "So what is worse? Heat? or Cold?"

Neeraj wanted heat.

Ill take cold for fun winter activities skiing, snow shoeing, winter hiking, but day to day, functioning with the basic requirements of life - the filth, the shit, etc that collects in an urban winter......No thanks.

10000yards

Scammer / Banned
Banned !
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 9, 2019
OOhh Boy, the pope do know how to keep people listening. i have big money bet on this and i don't wanna loose.

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
The only thing I could find is that the pope was going to be attending some conference in Europe. Perhaps he will come out with an announcement that warns us to love the environment or something.

Almost all Christian religious sects prohibit any kind of fortune telling, so there is that.

MtnCreek

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 6, 2012
The only thing I could find is that the pope was going to be attending some conference in Europe. Perhaps he will come out with an announcement that warns us to love the environment or something.

Almost all Christian religious sects prohibit any kind of fortune telling, so there is that.
The Bible is full of prophecy.

Reactions: Snipe260

Snuby642

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Is that going to effect wind calls? Pizza delivery, skunk my beer , kill my sour dough starter?

Anything viable less maybe 4 tides?

MtnCreek

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 6, 2012
Is that going to effect wind calls? Pizza delivery, skunk my beer , kill my sour dough starter?

Anything viable less maybe 4 tides?
You'll never know. Who cares. You'll drink it anyway. Add sugar.

chevy_man

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2019

If it's over 80 I'm trying to stay in the AC.

But, I happily wander around the woods in 20* temps with a hoodie. Jacket stays in the pack unless it actually gets cold.

Doesn't hurt I work in the weather all months of the year. Do a few winters outside in ND where the wind always blows, humidity is high, and a monthly high of 0* is a real thing. Light wind and no humidity and I'm just happy at 0*.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
The hounds much prefer to run when it's in the 60s or below.
Once it gets below freezing then things are different.

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
That's factually untrue and intellectually dishonest.

By biblical definition a "prophecy" (assuming we are narrowing the usage to just predictions and not other teachings) is no prohibited anywhere.

There is even a test for "prophets" by which to judge the prophecies.

What is prohibited is certain "divining" methods to get the predictions such as occult means, fortune telling, communicating with the dead etc.

Scripture warns against all people using those methods and draws no distinction between believers and non believers so the claim of a "two faced nature" is not supported by the actual text.

Just to correct the record.
If my statement is factually untrue, then I will recant. Saying someone is "intellectually dishonest" while also saying the statement is factually true doesn't make sense. But I am open to a civil discussion about the subject.

I am eager to learn more about this topic.
That's factually untrue and intellectually dishonest.

By biblical definition a "prophecy" (assuming we are narrowing the usage to just predictions and not other teachings) is no prohibited anywhere.

There is even a test for "prophets" by which to judge the prophecies.

What is prohibited is certain "divining" methods to get the predictions such as occult means, fortune telling, communicating with the dead etc.

Scripture warns against all people using those methods and draws no distinction between believers and non believers so the claim of a "two faced nature" is not supported by the actual text.

Just to correct the record.
I would be eager learn how a factually correct statement can be "intellectually dishonest", yet factually correct.

I am open to a civil discussion on the topic, and am eager to learn. My understanding is that the Bible warns against prophecy, divination, tarot cards and the like. But if the person making the prophecy is accepted by the church (such as the Old Testament prophets) and the person says the prophecy came from God, then it is OK.

If you can provide some passages I can read in order that I can understand better, I would be interested to learn.

I guess I am hoping for a little more information rather than just saying I am "intellectually dishonest".

It gets even more confusing when people make prophecies that are still debated. Specifically, prophets from the Mormon Church. They say they the prophecies come from God, but they aren't in the Old Testament. I have nothing but respect for all the Mormons I know, and I don't "have a dog in this fight" as far as saying one religion is more right or wrong than another.

"Mainstream" christian religions such as Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, would probably argue vigorously about whether or not Mormon prophets carry the same weight as old testament prophets, or whether they are among those prophets that we are warned against.

I am just here to learn, hopefully without name calling or insults. If you can help me learn, I would be grateful.

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
I told Blacksmith of Isaiah I would recant if new information came to light about prophecy.
I was wrong about prophecy being prohibited. Prophecy is allowed in the Bible, it is fortune telling that is prohibited. So on the question of whether prophecy is allowed, Blacksmith was correct, and I was wrong.

The question for me then becomes, can someone get around the prohibition against fortune telling by saying they are giving a prophecy, not fortune telling... The net effect of saying "I prophecy that X will happen" is the same as some fortune teller looking at your palm then saying "I prophecy that x will happen".

Reactions: SilentStalkr

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
The question for me then becomes, can someone get around the prohibition against fortune telling by saying they are giving a prophecy, not fortune telling... The net effect of saying "I prophecy that X will happen" is the same as some fortune teller looking at your palm then saying "I prophecy that x will happen".
Well there was kind of a bit of a safeguard on that if you were predicting things in your own lifetime.
If your prophecies turned out to be false, there was the rock concert in your honor to settle the matter.