Hornady classic press issues

Pilotscrappy

Sergeant of the Hide
Jul 21, 2018
Anyone else using the classic single stage press from. Hornady? Mine wobbles pretty significantly if I move the press arm side to side. I've noticed the ram also wobbles as well.
I can't see any obvious adjustments to tighten it up it looks like just a circular ram held in by c clips. Do you think this is an issue I can fix myself? Or is it a big enough deal to call hornady for a replacement? The press is only a few months old. I'll post a link of the video showing what I'm talking about.

Hornady press

tnc

Deputy
Jan 23, 2007
Vinita, OK
I have the same press. Checked it just now and it does the same thing. I’ve had it 10 years and reloaded thousands of rounds on it. Never noticed until now. It should work just fine

Nodakplowboy

Wood Butcher
Mar 4, 2017
South Central North Dakota.
I watched the video twice and it appears the wobble is in the linkage below the ram. If there is any wobble in the ram itself you might have a problem, however that doesn't look to be the case. All of my Rockchuckers do the same thing. I think you're O.K.

Pilotscrappy

Sergeant of the Hide
Jul 21, 2018
Yea most of wobble is th3 linkage. The ram moves side to side a tiny bit. But nothing like the linkage below.

I actually just did a deep cleaning on the press and oiled and lube it and it seems to be operating like a new press. The wobble is only there if I intentionally induce it.

I'm thinking it's fine as the press makes good consistent accurate ammo.

Thx for the input guys.