Hinch, Luhnow, and now Cora

JMGlasgow

Private
Belligerents
Apr 13, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Cheaters got what they deserved. I think the players involved should be punished as well, but with the players union that's virtually impossible. The game has yet again been tarnished.

Reactions: ShootnFool8

JMGlasgow

Private
Belligerents
Apr 13, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Hopefully. And the 2017 and 2018 World Series winners will have an asterisk next to them in the history books.

I think Cora should be banned from baseball for life, and I wouldn't mind if Hinch and Luhnow were as well. Send a message to the rest of the teams who participated and weren't caught.

Reactions: MinnesotaMulisha

just browsing

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 18, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Hinch (and likely Luhnow) will be re-hired after their timeouts, I have no doubt. I understand that their involvement, or I guess lack thereof, landed them on the exempt list, but they were hardly the driving forces behind it. Manfred’s report would seem to indicate that both of them were quite against it actually but didn’t do anything about it.

Cora I think will end up taking the brunt of the fall given that he is the common denominator with both organizations, and I don’t think that’s unfair.

That being said, I think all professional sports organizations are guilty of trying to gain a competitive edge via means that would otherwise be frowned upon or deserve punishment. Much like the NCAA recruiting circuit - you’re kidding yourself if you think these were/are the only perpetrators and everyone else follows the law.

JMGlasgow

Private
Belligerents
Apr 13, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
I never said they were the only ones doing it, but they were pretty blatant about it and got caught.

Regardless of whether Hinch and Luhnow were against it they allowed it to happen, and they were in charge of what goes on with the team. They didn't put an end to it, so they hold more responsibility as leaders of the team.

Beltran is now on the block so we'll see what happens with him.

RG0099

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2019
I think MLB did 95% of a GREAT job. The ruling is still out on Cora as he has yet to receive his punishment. I feel pretty strongly that he will be attending a lot of autograph sessions with Pete Rose (who by the way really got shafted and is one of the best to ever step foot on a diamond!!!!!!)

As far as the 5% i think MLB dropped the ball on is the players. I don't think they could be punished for a year, but they surely should have sat them down for 15-20 game timeout.

You have to wonder if that had something to do with Cole making a B line right after the last out?

Now to Beltran. Man I sure wouldn't want to go through the hell he will have to endure if he stays on in New York.

Bottom line it was a sad day for Baseball, but it is the game I love, and I'm comfortable with what has happened.

Baseball will survive because God loves it too. The first words in The bible are " in the big inning." ha ha

JMGlasgow

Private
Belligerents
Apr 13, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Let's not bring religion to this thread. I have certain beliefs and you have yours and others have theirs.

Now, Beltran should be held accountable as well, his involvement was made clear in the report. And I do think the players involved and who participated should get some form of punishment.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Fuck the whole Red Sox organization - Get woke, Go Broke!

Sure everyone hates Tom Yawkey now but I didnt see any of the hospitals he gave millions to give back their money.

goinghunting

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Minnesota
I'm all for hitting all the guys involved hard. Lifetime if need be. Especially now with all the talk related to Altuve not wanting his shirt ripped which could result in showing the little buzzer contraption. Which is a major stretch to begin with. That being said it wouldn't surprise me. I've always thought that he(Altuve )has taken a lot of un-naturally hard swings now and then. Like he has known what pitch was coming.