High angle classes?

dazz397

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
It's in California but max ordinate offers high angle courses. I haven't taken the high angle yet but I have taken their other courses and it's a world class facility and training. The terrain is perfect for high angle training.

Reactions: Big Ern

VanJoe

Private
Belligerents
Mar 6, 2017
Jacksonville
Anyone teach specifically high angle classes? Preferably on the eastern half of the US .
It would be nice to know of any on the east coast.

Here were a few I had bookmarked, all out west:

Winchester59

Online Training Access
Belligerents
Nov 9, 2013
Missouri
Rifles Only has offered high angle classes in CO in the past during the summer months. I have never been to that particular class, but have been to the PRS1/PRS2 week long class and it was great!

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Belligerents
Feb 19, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Sounds more and more like ill have to travel west. Was hoping i just didn't know how to use google for my lack of results on the east.

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

Are you looking for more of a mountain/distance style high angle course or more of a close distance urban style high angle course?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm

Hollywood 6mm

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
Hi,

Are you looking for more of a mountain/distance style high angle course or more of a close distance urban style high angle course?

Sincerely,
Theis
That's the real question. If you want mountain, either Scott Satterlee or Bryan Morgan would be my suggestion. Scott's run some open enrollment stuff at Hat Creek (Bryan's new facility), and Bryan is planning an open enrollment class for next year, I think. if you want wind and angles, Hat Creek is definitely the place to go.

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

For mountain/distance genre you are going to have to more than likely head out West region.
Not many courses will "publicly" offer anything over a 40 degree incline/decline, so just be aware of that.

Mountain Shooting Center advertises a 50 degree and has more distance than can be used for shoulder fired weapon systems:

The Urban genre course is going to possibly be more difficult for you; as most of them are kept to credentialed students (You may be credentialed though).
A good one on the East Coast (Sorta) side of the USA is Guardian Centers:

Sincerely,
Theis

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 25, 2017
Just like the "top secret" loophole shooting technique, this shit is just math: ballistics and trigonometry.

We have all the tools necessary to figure this stuff out without being "credentialed".

There are no LE/mil "secrets" in this game. Just have to think things through then be creative in the field to validate.

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Belligerents
Feb 19, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Dont think i haven't been bugging the MDs here to do that haha. Was talking to my buddies the other day how they should use one and fuck a lot of people up.

I can figure everything out and understand the concepts...but i just have no opportunity to shoot at a venue with that type to get my hands dirty in it. Thats my dilemma and why im searching for a class.

Masked

Smith Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Nov 2, 2012
Connecticut
I'll talk to Academy about doing something maybe.

There's 800yds in the quarry, it's about 70-80 feet up don't see why we can't rent a scissor lift and get the extra height.

That'd be in Connecticut so, no AR's unless you're special.

If that's something you'd be interested in - Let me know.

VanJoe

Private
Belligerents
Mar 6, 2017
Jacksonville
Sawtooth Rifles is having a High Angle Hunters Clinic down at Bryan Morgan's (Hat Creek Training) place in Idaho at the end of August.

Scott Satterlee is the lead instructor.

Food and Lodging is included with the price. Not cheap, but I heard it's a one of a kind place to shoot out there

http://www.sawtoothrifles.com/store/p28/HAHC.html
No, the lodging is an extra $200 on that link. On top of the $580/day for the class. Does look like a nice area to shoot though.

Big Ern

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2018
Head out to Max Ordinate for their high angle and mountain classes...1 day each and run back-to-back. Facility is crazy good with distances out to 1 mile. Down angle, up angle, you name it. You won’t be bummed. I know it may be a pain and a little pricey to travel from the east coast, but it is so worth it.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL