Had to get new Craddock Bartlein AR-10

hitman

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 23, 2004
Fort Smith, AR
Well...…. I did not have to but.... I picked up all the parts to build this awhile ago decided to get an LMT so it seemed silly to build it. So, I was selling all the parts with no luck at all and my buddy said he would buy it all from me. He backed out and I was tired of sitting on all of it and did not want to re-list it all- so I just built it!

Aero upper and lower
JP 17" with JP adj. gas block.
18 inch Bartlein .308 from Craddock with Seekins muzzle
Knights two-stage trigger and H2 buffer.

I am planning on either getting out this weekend for some testing or next Friday. It handles very well- not to heavy at all and balances well. So, I am excited. It was a low budget build except for the barrel of course. I will let you guys know the range report. I may load some 168's for it with 4064 and try those. Only powder I have on hand.

hitman

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 23, 2004
Fort Smith, AR
I may get out tomorrow as long as my Scar 20 arrives tomorrow. I was waiting until that got in so I can take them both and get them sighted in a tested with some ammo. Sadly, I have not loaded any ammo up though- so all factory ammo to try for now.

hitman

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 23, 2004
Fort Smith, AR
Well, I was not expecting this but I am 100% all in on the SCAR 20s instead! I took that to range today and she is a 1/2 moa shooter and I just like it better than the AR-10 platform, so I will not keep this rifle. Seems silly but I like pairs of rifles, so I would rather have another Scar 20. I took the Craddock to the range but only had time to shoot about 10 rds on 147 grn. so not sure how she shoots. This is a very nice rifle for sure but I have never owned a Scar and was not expecting to like it as much as I do! So this will be on the chopping block.

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Well, I was not expecting this but I am 100% all in on the SCAR 20s instead! I took that to range today and she is a 1/2 moa shooter and I just like it better than the AR-10 platform, so I will not keep this rifle. Seems silly but I like pairs of rifles, so I would rather have another Scar 20. I took the Craddock to the range but only had time to shoot about 10 rds on 147 grn. so not sure how she shoots. This is a very nice rifle for sure but I have never owned a Scar and was not expecting to like it as much as I do! So this will be on the chopping block.
Anyone else wanna see pics?

hitman

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 23, 2004
Fort Smith, AR
I posted pics of it in another thread. I shoot 3 different 5 rd groups that all looked like the pic I posted -so it is awesome. I only bothered to snap the two. The one bigger group was Cooper Crk. ammo and I threw one but I am sure that ammo would so the same. I ran out of the Cop. crk, or I would have shoot more groups with it to confirm. The SCAR loved the Remin. Prem. Match ammo. But I only had one box of it- so I shot 3 5 rd groups and saved 5 for my LMT to see if it likes it as well.
Yeh it seems silly to sell off this rifle that fast but I am digging the SCAR and I already have an LMT as well. The scar is different for sure and many do not like them.