Go to online store for ammunition?

EddieNFL

SMSgt
Belligerents
Jan 11, 2006
Florida
Recently bought Federal Auto Match .22LR at PSA. $14.99 per 325 rounds. Least expensive I could find. IIRC, Bud's had the same price, but shipping was double.

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 2, 2012
Specific ammo choice could help.

R
Yep. For my biggest need, Hornady 6.5 CM 140 ELD-M, Outdoor Limited is usually the cheapest to the door, even though they don't have free shipping. But as said by others, I go through AmmoSeek to find the best deal. It just usually happens to be Outdoor Limited for that product.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 22, 2014
Rhode Island
I have no loyalty other than to PRIME.

I use Ammoseek as the prices can be volatile

JRHill85

Private
Belligerents
Jun 29, 2014
I picked up 200rds of Hornady 6.5CM American Gunner from Sportsman's Warehouse for $139 shipped today. Thought that was a pretty good deal. If it holds 1MOA or better I'll be pretty happy!

Reactions: Frankly

sjoliat

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Jan 4, 2014
NE Ohio
Ammunitionstore.com is my go to. Did a quick comparison and the some of the items I looked at( case quantities) were cheaper there than Target Sports, but I don't believe they offer any free shipping. They are local to me, so I can pick up from the warehouse and can't speak to their service from a shipping standpoint. I have never had an issue in all of my dealings with them though..

WarDamnRockets

Private
Belligerents
May 5, 2017
I’ve used sgammo.com in the past and had great transactions. From looking recently, it seems that TargetSports has great prices/availability, so I’ll likely try them next.

Tjfarmer

Farmer Guy
Belligerents
Feb 15, 2017
Illinois
Target Sports USA.
Just got a case today of .380acp $243 shipped to my door.
Dang they were selling Remington buckets of 380acp, last summer for $85-90ish per 500. I loaded up cause I wouldn’t reload for my wife’s 380 for that...but I’m a prime member

Tjfarmer

Farmer Guy
Belligerents
Feb 15, 2017
Illinois
My wife loves her sig 238. Can’t get her to carry a 9mm, she love the little thing too much. I figure if that’s what she comfortable shooting, prob best.

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington
Based on numerous positive comments about Target Sports, I checked them out for Fiocchi .22lr subsonic. They were about 7.7 cents per round. I checked Ammoseek and found the same thing from "Ammoman" for 6.2 cents per round. Ammoman shipping costs were slightly higher, but total delivered cost was still cheaper than Target. I went ahead and bought 2,000 rounds from Ammoman. I use Ammoseek all the time. In the back of my mind, I may have heard something negative about Ammoman, but not sure. I figured I'll give them a try and see how they do.

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Based on numerous positive comments about Target Sports, I checked them out for Fiocchi .22lr subsonic. They were about 7.7 cents per round. I checked Ammoseek and found the same thing from "Ammoman" for 6.2 cents per round. Ammoman shipping costs were slightly higher, but total delivered cost was still cheaper than Target. I went ahead and bought 2,000 rounds from Ammoman. I use Ammoseek all the time. In the back of my mind, I may have heard something negative about Ammoman, but not sure. I figured I'll give them a try and see how they do.
I tend to price-shop, but will shy away from poor past performers, and give the nod more often than not to those whose word is their bond and who don't stuff boxes like they're crazed bonobo monkeys.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775

Downtown

Belligerents
Mar 1, 2013
Ammoman has been around for a long time, internetwise. Long enough to have argued with people on other forums. I have bought from Erik often in the past with no problem. Never had to test his customer service. If I remember correctly, most of his issues have arisen from firearm transactions.

Targetsports has just become a simple easy company to default to.

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington
Edit; Sorry guys, I completely screwed that up. Where I said "Ammoman", I actually meant "Ammoking". Sorry for the confusion.

davsco

Private
Belligerents
Jan 1, 2014
NoVa
Ammoman.com used to be the place.
yeah, used to. from what i've seen, not the best prices, sometimes by a fair amount, in the last couple of years.

as noted above, generally targetsportsusa has the lowest delivered price, at least on case prices. but always check ammoseek or gunbot just in case.

last couple of batches of hornady 6.5creed i've gotten from brownells, was on sale plus their general 10% free ship codes made for some good prices.

sgj2025

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 15, 2009
west,ky
I shop. Sg ammo for my aks. Good prices on Winchester right now in 40 and 45. Target sport has over run hst 40 at a real good price. Armsunlimited for Winchester t. Bonefrog has best overall price on tap and hst. Massammo also good prices. Palmetto state with weekend deals can be cheaper sometimes. Have ordered from all of them. No problems

1J04

Morale Officer
Belligerents
Aug 7, 2011
Naselle WA
I tend to price-shop, but will shy away from poor past performers, and give the nod more often than not to those whose word is their bond and who don't stuff boxes like they're crazed bonobo monkeys.

Huh? :)

1519151555065.png

Target Sports bout 99.9% of the time. I like not being disappointed and I'll pay a bit for that simple luxury and peace of mind. ;)

demolitionman

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Feb 26, 2013
Ohio
I just signed up on Targetsports, and in 30 minutes I had phishing emails that somehow got past my spam filter and ended up in my Inbox. Wtf. I'm not sure if it's related to targetsports or not, but be careful if you sign up on there then end up with some fake apple Id and paypal emails. I rarely ever get shit like that. I don't think it's a coincidence.

TmisterE

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Spokane Washington
I have lately been buying all my ammo from Outdoor Limited, they have the cheapest prices I can find, Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor 140 ELDM 200 round case for $224.90 (1.12 per round) they do charge shipping but for me shipping to Washington State is around $20.00. this is still cheaper than any place I can find, Target Sports is $259.90 for the same ammo with free shipping, Outdoor Limited is still cheaper with shipping, I have never had any kind of issue with them fast shipping and always done right.

loboman7x57

Private
Belligerents
Dec 14, 2008
saginaw,mi
I use freedommunitions.com for most of my plinking ammo, I've never had a problem with them or their ammo. I usually order when they ae having free shipping specials. they can be a bit slow in shipping so not a good choice if you need it quickly. I haven't used any of there hunting type ammo since I load most of that myself.

kindabitey

Grumpy OB
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Bassett, VA
Target Sports USA also has free shipping on case lots. Outdoor Limited is real close to TS prices after you add shipping.
Both are great.

EGwhisper

Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
This week it's Midway, free shipping and $0.52/round IMI razorcore 77gr smk