DIY Shooting bags

TB10

Private
May 2, 2012
Ohio
Here is our best attempt to recreate something similar to the pump pillow and the str8 laced bag with a few differences. The main difference being the adjustable velcro straps that go around the bag. The fill is a micro poly fill purchased from amazon that seems to be just a little more fine than what Wiebad is using. 1000 cordura and other materials purchased off eBay at a reasonable price. A local seamstress hooked us up on the sewing! Very happy with how these bags turned out. Any questions feel free to ask. Check us out on instagram at kingpin_precision_shooting for other shooting content and DIY projects. image_49431.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

KenLondregan

New Hide Member
Mar 6, 2018
Those came out great. I'm thinking about trying to make the same thing. I'm going to have to find somebody who can sew, as I dont think wrapping it in duct tape is going to work.

Mar 7, 2018
Arizona
Its been a
Here is our best attempt to recreate something similar to the pump pillow and the str8 laced bag with a few differences. The main difference being the adjustable velcro straps that go around the bag. The fill is a micro poly fill purchased from amazon that seems to be just a little more fine than what Wiebad is using. 1000 cordura and other materials purchased off eBay at a reasonable price. A local seamstress hooked us up on the sewing! Very happy with how these bags turned out. Any questions feel free to ask. Check us out on instagram at kingpin_precision_shooting for other shooting content and DIY projects. View attachment 6296873
It has been a while since your post, but did you make the bungee too?

Oct 6, 2010
Southern Dakota
Its been a

It has been a while since your post, but did you make the bungee too?
Doubt it.
I make a lot of my own "DIY Budget" stuff too with some basic materials(cordura, hook/loop, webbing, etc) and hardware.
But when it comes to some of the lanyards, for my purposes/uses it is hard to beat some of the dirt cheap options on Amazon/Ebay.

This is not a great example (for cost):
https://www.amazon.com/Ezyoutdoor-T...464&sr=8-4-fkmr0&keywords=camo+bungee+lanyard
But looks very similar.

There are many other options out there with some searching.

Nov 7, 2017
Gemany
I have made some shooting bags, too. Base material is multicam cordura 1000 and I experimented a bit with a bunch of accessory cords.
The big one and one of the medium ones are filled with super light styrofoam balls of about 0,05".
The others are filled with PE granules of about 0,15". The weight difference is nearly 1:10 for the same size of bag.
I made 2 medium bags of the same size to compare weight and handling.
Personally I prefer the heavy fill for front support a lot and even as rear bag.
Only with very big bags the light filling is better. For hunting, I prefer the light ones for obvious reasons.
The "gamechanger" is much much more stable with heavy fill.

Attachments

Top Bottom