DIY Rear Bags from old uniforms

km77

Staff Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 25, 2019
I sewed up a couple rear bags from an old duty uniform. For one bag I used walnut tumbling media and the other is airsoft BBs. They work really well. Dependent on what part you cut, you can get a pocket which is nice for a data card or dope records. 71113587111359

hacabrera071

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2019
McAllen, TX
I sewed up a couple rear bags from an old duty uniform. For one bag I used walnut tumbling media and the other is airsoft BBs. They work really well. Dependent on what part you cut, you can get a pocket which is nice for a data card or dope records. View attachment 7111358View attachment 7111359
How heavy are they pal? I'm specially interested in the weight difference due to different media. They look awesome, btw!

Reactions: km77

km77

Staff Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 25, 2019
How heavy are they pal? I'm specially interested in the weight difference due to different media. They look awesome, btw!
Thanks you, I appreciate it! I will see if I can get a scale that'll read the weight. One doesn't go that low and the other doesn't go that high haha.

Swampr42

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
Those are pretty sweet. I like repurposing stuff. Wish I would have paid more attention in home economics.

• Haha

gunsnjeeps

Retired Swab Jockey
Belligerents
Dec 15, 2009
Norfolk, Va
Way back when I used to make woodland camo covers for the original black Camelback. I see the large pockets to put on them. I'll have to dig one out.

I never thought of airsoft bb's to fill with.

wrigdust

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2019
I like using a sock filled with the airsoft bbs. It isn't very big, but easily adjustable for quick on the fly type shooting. (Use a clean sock, it will smell better)

km77

Staff Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 25, 2019
I like using a sock filled with the airsoft bbs. It isn't very big, but easily adjustable for quick on the fly type shooting. (Use a clean sock, it will smell better)
Back in the day I ran the trusty sock and rice combo! Haha