Deadair L vs TBAC Ultra 9

Aug 2, 2012
Allentown PA
Other than the weight is there a huge difference between these two? I had someone at Silencer shop tell me there may be a slight accuracy issue beyond 1000 yards with the dead air model. Deadair is in stock at local dealer and the TBAC is not. The weight difference doesn’t matter much to me.

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Jun 18, 2009
Gaston County
If it’s a dedicated bolt gun my vote is the TBAC, but if you ever run it on a semiauto or want to move it around to different rifles my vote is for Deadair. They both sound fantastic

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2012
Allentown PA
Thank you all, I ended up ordering the Deadair. Little more versatile and can swap to my AR for now. If I’m not happy with it, I’ll leave it on the AR and do the TBAC for the TIKKA and call it a day.

Ren

Sergeant
Apr 15, 2008
Fl, Sarasota
Its all good brotha. Just making a point to say that the TBAC guys patrol this forum where other vendors are absent. That in itself is good CS IMO.

You can never have just ONE suppressor anyhow! I have other manufacture suppressors as well, but I do take in consideration that the presence with TBAC is here and easy to get a hold of should I need someone.

Enjoy the quiet life, you'll never go loud again.

Aug 2, 2012
Allentown PA
Its all good brotha. Just making a point to say that the TBAC guys patrol this forum where other vendors are absent. That in itself is good CS IMO.

You can never have just ONE suppressor anyhow! I have other manufacture suppressors as well, but I do take in consideration that the presence with TBAC is here and easy to get a hold of should I need someone.

Enjoy the quiet life, you'll never go loud again.
Haha thanks man

Jul 11, 2017
Ft. Benning
I have two Dead Air Cans, one L and one S. They are both fantastic cans. The short is on my AR with a .22 end cap. and the long get changed from 308 to 6.5 a lot. I have shot the AR to 700 yds with zero accuracy issues, the 08 to 1000yds and 6.5 to a mile. Love the cans and a friend just bought a L for his 300win mag. I may get one of their pistol cans.

Aug 2, 2012
Allentown PA
I have two Dead Air Cans, one L and one S. They are both fantastic cans. The short is on my AR with a .22 end cap. and the long get changed from 308 to 6.5 a lot. I have shot the AR to 700 yds with zero accuracy issues, the 08 to 1000yds and 6.5 to a mile. Love the cans and a friend just bought a L for his 300win mag. I may get one of their pistol cans.
No accuracy changes?

Jul 11, 2017
Ft. Benning
Crowe938 I have a Surgeon 308 with a 1/8 5r Bartlein barrel and shoot a lot of subsonic 220gr and some 250gr projos that I made, they are obviously quiet because they are subsonic "DUH" But compared to the Gemtec suppressor you can, with your ears hear the different tone. The tone is also different from other cans that I have used or heard. Several friends have purchased Dead Air cans after hearing mine.

Aug 2, 2012
Allentown PA
I have a Sandman L that I primarily run on a 308 bolt gun. Zero accuracy issues between 100-1,300 yards and POI shift repeats every time. It's a fantastic can. And I must say that the brake is surprisingly good on its own in terms of recoil taming.
Maybe ill just order a dead air S and call it a day, The L for the bolt gun and an S for the AR. IM over reacting about not going with the TBAC although I know it seems to be the primary choice on here Ill give the L a chance it may be just fine for my needs. Thanks

Apr 27, 2010
SW Missouri
My first suppressor was a TBAC 30BA and I still run that can on my match rifles. It has been fantastic and when you pair their quality products with the customer service you receive why not go with them. Having said that, I’ve also had a Sandman-S for several years and have had no problems there either. It is a very well made can and sounds great. I purchased it for the ability to suppress semi-autos without worrying about height rate of fire. I’ve had it in SCAR 17s, AXs, 300BLK builds and a DT SRS and it has been accurate and repeatable. And I have a 338 Ultra on its way. I really think you can’t go wrong with either company. If precision was my number one priority and I had reasonable rates of fire I would go TBAC.
Here is a 5 rd. group at 100 yd. I just shot with the SRS/Sandman-S combo while developing a load. This was the first group I shot, trying a load within my node.

Attachments

crowe938

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 21, 2017
Maryland
Maybe ill just order a dead air S and call it a day, The L for the bolt gun and an S for the AR. IM over reacting about not going with the TBAC although I know it seems to be the primary choice on here Ill give the L a chance it may be just fine for my needs. Thanks
TBAC is great, and it is one of the lighter cans out there. Weight aside, the DA sounds awesome and is built very well. I don't know about customer service because I've never had to contact them. Just buy both and then you don't have to decide :)

Aug 6, 2012
Oklahoma
I have the Dead Air Ti. Not anything bad I can say about it. I have several guns that can print small clover leafs with it. It goes on all my guns when I shoot them since I only have one.

I want a TBAC only because I hear people say they are the quietest cans out there.

Top Bottom