Dead air nomad or Q trash panda

Oiange

Private
Belligerents
Feb 19, 2017
First time suppressor buyer got it narrowed to a nomad or trash panda which is better

texasleftychef

Private
Belligerents
Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Been thinking about this too. Was leaning Nomad at first but I like the fact that the Trash Panda comes with two mounts. Also all my other rifle cans are Surefire so I am not invested in any of the other mounting options yet like KeyMo.

So I guess it comes down to what kind of guns you plan to run it on and how you want to mount it. Nomad works if you want direct thread on 5/8x24 but will need an adapter or mount for something else. With the Trash Panda put the Cherry Bombs on your 5.56 and the 5/8x24 stuff and repeat as necessary.

I have no experience though with the Cherry Bomb but for my uses the guns it would go on would be suppressed 100% of the time. Not sure how good Cherry Bomb works on precision rifle.

C_R_Slacker

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
I have a thunder chicken and i have a trash panda in jail. I like the mounting system a lot. Simple, foolproof, works on 1/2x28 or 5/8x24. I think the nomad would be just as good of a can. It has some cool features. Just depends how you're going to use it. Probably can't go wrong either way.

texasleftychef

Private
Belligerents
Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
I finally went with Nomad. Once I figured out that Trash Panda with cherry bomb was essentially the same weight and longer I was pretty much sold. Even if I run the plan b and cherry bomb it’s still only a couple of ounces heavier but still shorter and has all kinds of options for the front and back end. Also did a bunch of research and it sounded like the Nomad had some pretty interesting technology in the baffles and supposed to sound slightly better per the Dead Air guy.

Still think Trash Panda is a great option.

Hobbes442

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2018
thanks - i'm in the same quandary- Nomad has more mounting option and I already use Asr mounts

C_R_Slacker

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
I finally went with Nomad. Once I figured out that Trash Panda with cherry bomb was essentially the same weight and longer I was pretty much sold. Even if I run the plan b and cherry bomb it’s still only a couple of ounces heavier but still shorter and has all kinds of options for the front and back end. Also did a bunch of research and it sounded like the Nomad had some pretty interesting technology in the baffles and supposed to sound slightly better per the Dead Air guy.

The nomad will work with a plan b?

Hobbes442

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2018
Yes it will. Works with several different mounting systems
I pulled trigger on Trash Panda though

C_R_Slacker

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Yes it will. Works with several different mounting systems
I pulled trigger on Trash Panda though
Do you have a link to that info? I can't find it on deadair's website. Looks like they would be pushing that hard.

SchultzC

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2018
Do you have a link to that info? I can't find it on deadair's website. Looks like they would be pushing that hard.
They are only promoting the Key-Mo since that is their product but it is threaded in 1.375"x24. Many manufacturers are building their suppressors to allow adaptors in this thread pitch. This is great if you are invested in mounting devices and want to run a different suppressor. Below is a list of supressors with this capability.

Dead Air Nomad®
Energetic Vox®
KG Made Rogue X®
Rex Silentium®
RMS2 Hopaii®
SilencerCo Harvester 338®
SilencerCo Hybrid®
SilencerCo Omega®

All of these suppressors give you the option to run either the Key-Mo, SiCo ASR mount, Q Plan B, Griffin Plan A, Hansohn direct thread, YHM Phantom QD adapter, Area 419 Adapter, Diversified Machine, and probably some others I left out.

I would go with the Nomad due to the modularity of the can. This has different options for end caps, brake, and mounting options. With the Q Trash Panda you are limited to the Cherry Bomb mount.

Reactions: C_R_Slacker

Gtscotty

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018

FYI, Griffin Armament is running a promotion through the end of the year where if you buy a Nomad, they will give you a free Plan A adapter compatible with their taper brakes. So for just the price of the Nomad you can have the direct thread it came with, and the ability to use Griffin brakes right out of the gate... Pretty sweet.

Plan A Nomad promotion

Reactions: vigildom7

Th3_Warm0ng3r

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2018
I would have to say the Nomad as well. In this game I really think the massive amount of mounting options would be ideal if you are just starting out. You can throw the mount you like on multiple platforms and quick swap to whatever it is you want to shoot that day. I did with with the ASR's and my Omega 300 for my 300 AAC, 5.56, 308, and 6.5 creed to name a few. This made it way easier until I started getting more caliber specific cans.

Hobbes442

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2018
I could of gone either way. I have more likes on nomad except when add asr it becomes heavier and same length and if added plan b heavier also. I really like the tapers before threads and I have a specwar 762 and hybrid sowent and bought TP yest and if I screwed up will just buy another since you only live life once

JFComfort

Vegas Long Range OG
Belligerents
Mar 19, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
No experience with Q products but I do like the Nomad-30. I haven't used it on a semi-auto yet or configured it for KeyMo, but host rifle accuracy has been excellent. I like that it can be direct thread if I want it to be (my preference for precision rifles) and it sounds great for its size. I hope to mess with the E-brake soon.

_DSC9528.jpg

Reactions: Aescobar17