Crux Archangel 375

Maliclipse

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Apr 11, 2017
Argyle, TX
Anyone here ever suppress a 375 Cheytac?

I'm looking at the Crux Archangel and am curious if anyone has any experience with them or the company.

Thanks much in advance,
M

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

Short answer(s):
Yes and Yes.

Long(er) answer:
The Archangel is a very nice suppressor for the 375CT. The company makes a great product but seems they can be slow in communication at times, not constant..more of random. BUT if you ever had a problem they are within driving distance for you :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Maliclipse

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Apr 11, 2017
Argyle, TX
I've heard. Hopefully 2019 will be a new year for them. I placed the order with them and they told me about 6-8 weeks. I'm still waiting on parts for my CT build so the timeline doesn't bother me. Appreciate the feedback, i can't find too much data on suppressed CTs. It was between Crux and Elite Iron.

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

Because most people just run BMG suppressors on them instead of dedicated CT suppressors.

Sincerely,
Theis

Am180man

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 18, 2008
Missouri
I know Dale at Elite and can vouch for his products. His cans tend to be the heavy side, but the quality is supreme and built to last, and quiet! He’s an avid shooter, competes with military in precision matches and knows his shit. I own many of his suppressors and customer service is excellent...Kathy (his wife) is quick to respond to inquiries as well.

GuardianAngle

Private
Belligerents
Mar 11, 2013
I would like to comment on my horrible service from Curtis & Crux Suppressors. Back in November of 2018 I purchased (2) cans through Brennan at crux for their “new guy” sale. His service over the phone was normal, however nothing was said about shipping dates. When I FINALLY got ahold of them in late December Brennan stated that they would complete the form 3 transfer in early to mid January. I FINALLY got ahold of Brennan again the 15th of February after emails had been sent with all my contact info(that they already have) and requested to have Curtis contact me to simply give me a ship date...........no call, email, or messenger pigeon. I told Brennan over the phone that I was going to comment on any thread I can find after 48 hrs if Curtis doesn’t reach out to me for an update. Annnnnnd nothing from the owner. Well way to go Curtis, your customer service is garbage- but you already know this. You have my money yet you don’t offer refunds on purchases, but I have no items to show for my purchase. Word of mouth can make or break you. Next time I’ll be sure to go with a reputable company.

Strykervet

Resident Phoenix Eye and Dim Mak Instructor
Belligerents
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
I use the elite iron over a DT brake on my .375ct. I am very pleased with it and it didn't effect accuracy at all.
View attachment 7021588
That's slick. I got mine in .50BMG and Elite never made a can to go over that brake, they said they won't make one unless they can guarantee it's bomb-proof and so far... Nothing. IMG_0863.JPG

But Elite Iron is who I called when I did need a can for my .50 HTI and they are recommended by the mfg. and always have been. They index the can TDC to the rifle so POI change will be vertical and repeatable. They make the brakes for Harris as a matter of fact, and I had a Harris style brake cut and indexed so I don't need shims to install it. I can change the direct thread can and brake in the field with nothing but a wrench.

Elite Iron also has good prices, they do that by using 316SS, which is more than suitable for use in a can. The owner is a metallurgist and nobody is complaining about Elite cans falling apart. He keeps the prices down too.

Besides the .50BMG, I also got a .338LM w/Harris style 2" reflex brake mount. Probably what comes with the .375 model.

Unless you like just throwing cash away, I'd go with Elite here. These large bore weapons are loud even with a can, no point in paying extra for a few dB's you aren't gonna be able to discern anyway.

Good luck!

Strykervet

Resident Phoenix Eye and Dim Mak Instructor
Belligerents
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
As for CS at Elite Iron, never had to call Dale for much and they took good care of me from the get go. Haven't had any problems. But he's easy to get ahold of (if he's not in the shop) and doesn't avoid customers. He really knows his shit and doesn't put out products that he knows will have problems down the line (hence why there is no QD can for the .50BMG HTI).

Really good people, it's a family business and they simply can't afford to burn customers even if they wanted to. Think of them sort of as the "TBAC of 316SS".

Crux is another one of those shops that came out of the woodwork a few years ago when cans got really popular again. Elite has been quietly making cans for alphabet soup agencies and precision shooters all along. No gimmicks and their custom shit is just amazing. Elite will always be my goto company for large bore precision rifle cans.

Maliclipse

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Apr 11, 2017
Argyle, TX
I've cancelled my order with Crux. I don't want to deal with the hassle. I called up EI and signed up with them. I'm going to have to go direct thread on the EI can because their brake is one of those that slips over the barrel. The proof barrel can't be made to work with their braking system so I'll just have them make me a properly timed direct thread can for a 7/8-24 muzzle thread. Thankfully I found some thread on muzzle brakes that have a set screw because load development wouldn't be a lot of fun with no muzzle brake!