Crescent Custom Rifles

rth1800

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2009
Anyone know if they are still in business? Have not gotten a call answered or returned all week.

Thanks

Brux

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 12, 2013
GA
Same here, I haven't heard from him in a month. If you do talk to him tell him he's got people trying to get in touch with him.

rth1800

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2009
The shop is local to me and I have 6-10 projects I am not excited about boxing up and shipping.

b6graham

MMPRL
Belligerents
Jul 29, 2014
Yes … still in business. But a one man shop and busy as hell.

I call - leave a message and he gets back to me in a reasonable time-frame.

His work is fantastic and I'll wait for it to be done right - the first time.

Andrew
this seems to be normal. hard to get a hold of but does get back. this question comes up quite often

texag0842

Texas
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 12, 2013
So I know he has been working hard as he has turned out a few projects for me or my shooting partner. I heard that he was in a wreck a few weeks ago (he's okay) but assume that's the delay.

Brux

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 12, 2013
GA
Did you happen to tell him there are other people trying to get in touch with him?

Speedarino

Private
Belligerents
Apr 11, 2017
We got a call from Moon yesterday
7/12/19. One of the kids is having a rifle put together by him. Moon reported he was about to start his rig and would have it out and shipped by next weeks end. He double checked specs with us before starting. I’ve called a few times this year to check on another project and he has returned each of those calls. Sometimes it takes a few calls and a couple of weeks or so to get in touch. I think it is still a one-man show and he does it all, which apparently hampers call return. I haven’t heard
ANY negatives about his work; but may require an extra measure of patience on your part. Most all of the small top tier builders that I’ve spoken with have fairly substantial wait times.
I speck there’s a good reason for that!
Good luck, keep trying. Will let you know how these perform if you’re interested.

1moaoff

Safe space provider🤔 Nope!!!
Belligerents
Nov 16, 2008
cincinnati, ohio
Not trying to hijack this but LRI is unrivaled in my opinion in speed, communication, and available options.... other Smith's need to learn this!

BCX

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
Moons does good work. I have a rifle built by Moons are his craftsmanship is Tier 1. He is a one man shop like many others in the business and can be tough to get ahold of. Moons even gave me his personal cell number due to being tough to reach., lol

daylate

Dollar Short........
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 13, 2013
St.Catharine, Missouri
Anyone know if they are still in business? Have not gotten a call answered or returned all week.

Thanks
Yep still in business just a busy guy...His work is worth the wait...just call and he'll get back to ya...Nice guy and nice shop but like been said one man shop...kinda like it that way though.....

Reactions: rth1800

El Cid 92

Medic
Belligerents
Sep 25, 2011
Collierville, TN
I have had 8 rifles and about 6 re-barrel jobs done by Moon.... always impressive work. He's helped me out on 2 occasions with quick turn around work (bolt handle coming off and a crown recut).

Never met the man in person. But he's the only smith that has worked on my long rifles over 10+ years.

Rumor has it... He's getting married soon. Maybe wedding plans are getting in the way.

Andrew

Reactions: rth1800