Converting scatterguns to Centerfire cartridges - barrel inserts

hermosabeach

Everything is true on the internet- Abe Lincoln
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2012
Southern Cali

It looks like this seller is making a ton of conversion inserts for shotguns

I have no idea of the quality but I figured I would share to get feedback.

I have never used one of the inserts.... any brands to get / avoid?
Are the consistent from shot to shot?

hermosabeach

Everything is true on the internet- Abe Lincoln
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2012
Southern Cali
the 12 to 20 is a common one to find.... I had not seen it for other rounds before....

milanuk

F'ing nuke
Belligerents
Mar 23, 2002
Wenatchee WA
I've seen them advertised occasionally in survivalist/prepper magazines... I don't think they're meant to be a 'good' solution for normal use, more of a EOTWAWKIT scenario where you have a (perceived) need to be able to use whatever you can scrounge.

Skeet_Man

Private
Belligerents
Aug 1, 2010
Rochester, NY
Biggest problem is your accuracy is going to be limited to MAYBE being able to hit a human sized target at about 25 yards. Free floating adapter and shot bead sites are not a recipe for accuracy.

Mblackmon4

Just another opinion
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2018
Alpine Texas
We used to have them on the ranch. Grandad loved the idea of having a 308 and 00 buck, didn’t work all that well nor was very accurate, could maybe hit a pig at 50 yds

RPN

Private
Belligerents
Nov 26, 2013
Einstecklauf.

They are a rifled insert designed to be used in a drilling, and are user adjustable so they can be set to the same POI as the rifle barrel. I'm thinking about making one for my Merkel 96K, in 22 hornet. You could set one up in any double (or single) barrel shotgun, but would need sights for the rifle barrel. They are a lot more accurate than previous posters have suggested, but an order of magnitude more expensive also. Krieghoff make a popular version.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
IME, these are used for a "Poor man's Double rifle". Not worthless, but certainly not for the novice in setting up correctly.