Christian arms 22

Klemm

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2013
looks like they have a new 22 out, the 22 ranger.

Tcoddington

Private
Belligerents
Jul 18, 2017
I am interested, I love my 450 Bushmaster Ridgeline! Probably won't replace my CZ/Lilja gun but would be awesome for hunting and target punching!

epeet

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2018
Hope we also see barreled actions. Great to see some sanity in prices, and from Chistensen of all companies.

2Barrels

Private
Belligerents
Mar 7, 2017
Hope we also see barreled actions. Great to see some sanity in prices, and from Chistensen of all companies.
I wouldn't hold my breathe. CA has yet to offer CF barreled actions.

As an added note, I'd like to see how closely the Ranger 22 action resembles the Rem 700. From the initial look at the Ranger, there doesn't appear to be a recoil lug and the action retainer screw looks to be further back. Put it all together, and even if you had a barreled action, you could be hard pressed to find a stock that wasn't going to require a fair amount of modification before it was usable. Who knows, maybe aftermarket stocks will become available.

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 16, 2010
Lewiston, ME
It does look like a lot of rifle for the money, especially if they shoot well under their guarantee.

wjm308

Send it!
Belligerents
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
I will probably get this. It's only $100 more than CF barrel from Proof. Just to show how overprice i think the barrel is.
Keep in mind when Christensen Arms first started their prices were through the roof, not quite sure how they put so much rifle into this price but it sure is tempting me.

Jason, any news on when they'll actually ship?

Reactions: nakoa01

Frankr

Private
Belligerents
Aug 15, 2012
WEST
I will probably get this. It's only $100 more than CF barrel from Proof. Just to show how overprice i think the barrel is.
good point.

wonder why Christensen didn’t bring out a cz457 barrel and significantly undercut proofs barrel price.

let’s say for the sake of argument they can produce and still make a decent profit at 250.00. if they shot well, that is.

pepelefrog

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2019
good point.

wonder why Christensen didn’t bring out a cz457 barrel and significantly undercut proofs barrel price.

let’s say for the sake of argument they can produce and still make a decent profit at 250.00. if they shot well, that is.
I actually was considering getting the proof barrel but with this price i might as well buy this rifle instead.

2Barrels

Private
Belligerents
Mar 7, 2017

For the most part, Christensen is in business to build rifles. They do offer a few gunsmith CF blanks, and a few short-chambered barrels for the Rem 700. Left-over blanks and short-chambered barrels are few and far between. CA has had a hard time keeping up with demand for their rifless, let alone the components they offer, or what others think they should offer.

On the other hand, Proof is in the barrel making business (and stock) and has just got into the rifle making business, albeit that they use action from Zermatt (Bighorn), Defiance, and others and assemble the parts.

Frankr

Private
Belligerents
Aug 15, 2012
WEST
For the most part, Christensen is in business to build rifles. They do offer a few gunsmith CF blanks, and a few short-chambered barrels for the Rem 700. Left-over blanks and short-chambered barrels are few and far between. CA has had a hard time keeping up with demand for their rifless, let alone the components they offer, or what others think they should offer.

On the other hand, Proof is in the barrel making business (and stock) and has just got into the rifle making business, albeit that they use action from Zermatt (Bighorn), Defiance, and others and assemble the parts.
Totally get that but bringing out a new platform instead of just spinning up new barrels is a lot more daunting of a task and investment.