Checking in from IL

dgarnier

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2019
Yes we can still own guns for now in Illinois. This spring my son's troop did a camp out at a local range. The scouts got to shoot at the 22 steel range, my son loved getting the instant feedback on hits. I used to shoot more way back before the kids, but this was my ticket back. Fast forward a few weeks later I got him a savage mk2 and now he likes to go with me to the range to work on getting better. A few trips later and my daughter was upset she didnt get to go with. So now they both come with me. I got a t1x set up for NRL22 that I have been working with and am having a load of fun with. Havent found any NRL22 matches close so I have had to travel a few hours to shoot them. I have talked a few members at one of the local clubs about getting into NRL22 and now we are starting to work with the club on setting up a NRL22 match.

556ARs

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2018
Ohio
Without a Pictures, I can see you have a beautiful family. how old are your kids ??

Welcome to Snipers'Hide

FishDr

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2014
West KY
Welcome to the crew. Where ab in IL are you from? I used to live there and worked for the .gov. Now live “just over the line” …

acudaowner

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
welcome , from delaware 22 lr is and thank god pretty cheap still ,and fun to shoot .Not to mention a great place to start working on the fundamentals .

Last edited:

dgarnier

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2019
north east IL and the kids are 11 and 8. Picked up an sr22 this weekend and gonna try and get the kids to the range before they start school