Chargemaster Reducing Insert

Maxim0

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2018
I would like to purchase one as well. seems like it would be a huge improvement over the straw i currently use.... please send me payment information. Thanks!

hookedonbrass

[ ]
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 16, 2018
Montpelier, Virginia
this works for chargemaster lite.

however - it will slow your throw time down, and you can't reprogram it like the chargemaster 1500.

so keep that in mind.

for 43g of RL16 it doubled my throw time.

now i load a different caliber so i only charge 29g of powder and it's not so bad. gives me enough time to seat a bullet between throws

07jkjeeper

Mr Baker
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
Farmington New Mexico
this works for chargemaster lite.

however - it will slow your throw time down, and you can't reprogram it like the chargemaster 1500.

so keep that in mind.

for 43g of RL16 it doubled my throw time.

now i load a different caliber so i only charge 29g of powder and it's not so bad. gives me enough time to seat a bullet between throws

That's fine if the consistancy is better it will make it more efficient in the long run. How do I order?

MDM

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 26, 2009
Ohio
Yes, been making them for 5 years now, just pm me if you need one.
I have guys using them in the Hornady and Lyman. Not a lot of Lyman users but several Hornady. I just need you to measure the ID of the tube and I'll get you one that will fit. Thanks, Dave

Freediver111

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon
Bought one of these for my CM Lite last week. Loaded 100 rounds with 42 gr of 4350. Zero overthrows where as in the past I averaged one in 8 overthrows. Slowed the speed down a bit, but worth it. Takes about 40 secs a charge for me with this load.

Thanks again! Great addition.

MilSpecOkie

Private
Belligerents
Mar 10, 2017
Bought one of these for my CM Lite last week. Loaded 100 rounds with 42 gr of 4350. Zero overthrows where as in the past I averaged one in 8 overthrows. Slowed the speed down a bit, but worth it. Takes about 40 secs a charge for me with this load.

Thanks again! Great addition.
Did it double your throw time like the previous CM Lite user?

Freediver111

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon
Did it double your throw time like the previous CM Lite user?
Never checked how long it took to throw before the insert. It did make it slower, but I’ll take 40 seconds and zero overthrows. If I were to guess, it’s probabky close to double the time.