camo stencil source for diy camo paint job?

stello1001

Professional Newb
Belligerents
Feb 20, 2017
Corpus Christi TX
Digital camo?

Multi cam???

Tiger stripe camo?

Any in particular?

If you use was paper and tape you can make your own. I forgot the exact way but look on YouTube and you'll see what I'm talking about.

XLR308

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
Grand Junction, Colorado
Are you looking for the sticky kind or just cut outs ?
I have been contemplating doing a kryptek myself but there are loads of different patterns if you just Google it.

Winny94

Sergeant
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 19, 2013
Are you looking for the sticky kind or just cut outs ?
I have been contemplating doing a kryptek myself but there are loads of different patterns if you just Google it.
Sticky. I have a lot of contours to do, so they need to stick

XLR308

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reactions: army11b1980

Dougie308

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 28, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Pick out a pattern, put some of that green Frog tape on wax paper, draw the pattern on the tape.

Two tips. Prep is essential! Clean the surface four or five times. Twice with a degreaser and the rest with alcohol. Second, use a cloth to seal the edges to the surface and then paint the edges with flat clear to prevent paint creeping under the edges. To clarify. Use a small modeling brush on the edges and let that clear coat dry for 24 hours before applying base/primer coat.

kindabitey

Grumpy OB
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Bassett, VA
I've used Branson Cerakote, Weapon Stencils, and a couple of generic brand stencils. Most of the yellow vinyl type stencils are sticky enough.

hermosabeach

Everything is true on the internet- Abe Lincoln
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2012
Betty Ford Clinic
I have purchased a few sets from this company

Sticky can be good or a pain as you get to clean off adhesive residue
N52 is the stronger/ strongest magnet... If you are working on curved surfaces, they can help hold these in place.

You can also stack them for more pull. 3 stacked inside an AL handguard and 3 on top- magnets stick to each other through the handguard

It depends on what look you want... to break up the outline or to be funny. a guy who works at the local range did bunnyflage... bunnies as stencils

Reactions: army11b1980

PainfromLongRange

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2019
I got mine from Freedom Stencils. It worked fine, I did multiple colors/patterns. They turned out fine but after baking them a couple of times, they started to unstick. It looks great though with sharp edges.

elmuzzlebreak

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2018
What I did to paint my guns is lay down a base coat, sprinkle broom straw, add contrast, and repeat. Then if you want to break it up even more dip a paint sponge in something and LIGHTLY dab it on there.

Strykervet

Resident Phoenix Eye and Dim Mak Instructor
Belligerents
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
If you want stencils, here's how to do it:

Find the stencils you want online that you can copy.

Take wide blue painter tape and lay strips out just overlapping so you can make a 12x8 sheet.

Tape or glue (spray glue) the copy onto the back of the blue tape.

Cut out the stencils with an xacto knife.

I did this once. But I usually come out better just doing it all by hand and that's what I do.

Reactions: atomic41

Rangerbob33

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Nebraska

Kline

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
Northern Michigan
I like to do a light base color, and then do a combo of what some others have suggested. I use whatever leaves/grass/foliage i find in the nearby area, and then also use some extra netting and add in the darker colors (greens and browns). I like the way it turns out most of the time.

Attachments

aslrookie

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 19, 2017
I just got done using the multicam pattern from freedom stencils. I thought it was a worthy purchase and it was a lot easier than drawing your own patterns and cutting them out. I have done that before, and it's more time consuming and not worth the cost savings vs just buying a set of stencils.

la angler

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
I have tried a few sponge ones but not exactly the way I want it just yet.